FAQ: Domperidone (Motilium) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 442 Old 06-05-2007, 03:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

I just got my order of Domperidone in the mail today and took 3 right away. My dd is 11mo old and I have had stinkin supply issues since she was 4mo old and I have had to supplement with bottles or SNS. I have tried everything to increase my supply. Fenugreek, Nettles, Alfalfa, oatmeal, water, nursing with SNS every 2 hrs etc. I just want that full feeling back. I usually latch her on with the SNS on one boob and pump the other and I can get about 1/4oz when I do that every 2 hours.

So can I expect a good increase of supply? After my dd was born and when my milk came in, I had an over abundance and dd was a great nurser! I was horrible sick for the first 5 weeks pp(intestinal infection from antibiotics) and I think that it cause my supply to drop. I wasn't very well educated and started to sup when dd wasn't satisfied at the breast and well it all went downhill after that. I have managed and faught for our bf relationship with all my might and now I am hoping to catch a break with this drug. I just wanted to hear other success stories I guess to give me hope!!

Thanks mama's!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#62 of 442 Old 06-05-2007, 02:18 PM

I'm just wondering...Because if not it is cheaper to order it elsewhere...
#63 of 442 Old 06-12-2007, 12:04 AM

I'm sure this has been asked before.

When can you start the dom? Can I start it after birth? I've had supply issues with my last two pg's, I didnt try to nurse my first. I'd rather just get it going from the begining before having to deal with my new baby not getting enough.

TIA
#64 of 442 Old 06-12-2007, 04:46 AM

It's really frustrating that domperidone isn't more available in the US. I pumped for both my boys b/c of cleft palates and with my first domp. was the ONLY thing that kept me making 24oz a day. Without it I would make like maybe 10oz. When ds2 was born I ordered some immediately "just in case" and I still have it. I actually have a month supply laying around that I would love to pass along.
#65 of 442 Old 06-13-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabizo View Post
I can't speak for everyone (obviously!), but the compounding pharmacy where I got my dom would NOT accept insurance. It was $50 for 90 10mg capsules.

They told me to take 1 capsule 3x/day, and it seemed to help a little (increased my pumping from 4-5 oz. while at work, to 6-8 oz.), but now my supply is dropping again ... I only got 4 oz. today! I'm wondering if I should try increasing the # of capsules I take? I'd love some advice ... my midwife & her ob partner know NOTHING about dom, so I'm relying 100% on what I'm able to glean from the internet.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#66 of 442 Old 06-14-2007, 04:15 AM

You should check out the kellymom site. I believe the proper dosage is alot more than your are taking.. I took 3 pills, 3x a day
#67 of 442 Old 06-15-2007, 11:45 AM

http://www.clickremedy.com/modules.p...&pid=266<br /> I placed order from this site.The price is lowest.Service and products are ok.
#68 of 442 Old 06-15-2007, 01:49 PM

What dr. would you ask for a Rx? Would it be your OB or pediatrician or general prac?

Melissa-:,:,, mama to Madyson (11-18-06) and Maisie (5-20-09). DW to Doug (10-23-04).
#69 of 442 Old 06-15-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadysonMom View Post
What dr. would you ask for a Rx? Would it be your OB or pediatrician or general prac?
I asked my IBCLC (who is also an RN). She works with my daughter's pediatrician and told him to give me a script for it.

My LLL leader also knew of several physicains in the area that would perscribe it for me.

Mama to Raina (9/06) and Peter (8/09)!
#70 of 442 Old 06-15-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabizo View Post
Like the other commenter, the compounding pharmacy would not accept my insurance. I paid about $80 for 100 pills.

Mama to Raina (9/06) and Peter (8/09)!
#71 of 442 Old 06-20-2007, 05:09 PM

I tried to get domperidone at my local compounding pharmacy. They do not make it anymore because of an FDA ruling from June 7, 2004, where they warned compounding pharmacies not to make it anymore.
Thankfully, there are still ways to get it, but this does make it harder.
#72 of 442 Old 06-21-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterside View Post
http://www.clickremedy.com/modules.p...&pid=266<br /> I placed order from this site.The price is lowest.Service and products are ok.
How long did it take you to get that in the mail after you placed the order?? That is cheap!!!!!!!!!

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#73 of 442 Old 06-21-2007, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterside View Post
Is it just as good as the Dom I ordered from Inhousepharmacy.com?? I want to make sure its the same stuff since it is working so well! And it so cheap from there!! let me know cause I need to order some more, but hesitant cause I want to get the right stuff!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#74 of 442 Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2bemommy View Post
How long did it take you to get that in the mail after you placed the order?? That is cheap!!!!!!!!!
It took 10 days from the day I ordered for them to arrive.:
#75 of 442 Old 06-27-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwright View Post
Is it just as good as the Dom I ordered from Inhousepharmacy.com?? I want to make sure its the same stuff since it is working so well! And it so cheap from there!! let me know cause I need to order some more, but hesitant cause I want to get the right stuff!!
I have had excellent results with these pills. They come in blister packs. They're in Thailand. It takes a while, but all seems well..:
#76 of 442 Old 06-27-2007, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We get ours from Thailand too- SO is trying to induce lactation for a baby I'm carrying and she's never bf before. She's been on 2 pills 4x a day for about a month now and will continue for another three months....

mom to one glorious sweetpea born 10/18/2007.

#77 of 442 Old 07-08-2007, 02:44 AM

Woo hoooo!
Started domperidone last Saturday (mail order). I was at about 30 ounces a day. Today I got 42 ounces, and I may pump 1 more time before I go to sleep. This was using 3 tablets 3 times a day. NO side effects.

Thank heavens I don't have to top off bottles with formula anymore. DS could not tolerate it, even at over a year old, he got monumental gas in the middle of the night.

On the other hand, DS is eating 40 ounces a day, and we're starting to think that at 15 months, he should be accepting more solids. He does have a bony protrusion in the roof of his mouth, and we're going to see a doctor about that. We were previously told that it would go away, but I see no signs of this, and it may be causing swallowing difficulties.
#78 of 442 Old 07-10-2007, 04:31 PM

Is there a Canadian pharmacy that sells domperidone to the US?

Does anyone know of a doctor in the Chicagoland area that writes scripts for Dom?
#79 of 442 Old 07-10-2007, 04:35 PM

Got my answer from a link in this awesome thread:

http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/d...onewhere.shtml
#80 of 442 Old 07-26-2007, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Twin boys 04/2005 : Support breastfeeding rights at FirstRight.Org : warrior
Face the rear for MORE than a year! Toddlers' necks are safest in a rear facing carseat
#81 of 442 Old 07-27-2007, 04:07 PM

I posted this question in Breastfeeding, but have gotten no answers. I was in the middle of the bar exam when I posted, so my brain wasn't functioning or I would have known better and posted it here:

So I ordered from ClickRemedy because another mother here mentioned that she got her order in 10 days, lowest price, great service. I ordered dom 17+ days ago, they shipped on the 9th, Thailand Post says the order got 'accepted' but no further tracking info.

So I send an email to ClickRemedy, who responds that it's possible the order got stuck in customs and they'll ship another, but break it out of the blister packs, break it into smaller packages and not put any identifying information (which I thought they didn't, anyway).

Is this all kosher? Anyone know? I've only used companies that another mom on MDC has vouched for, but I'm a bit concerned right now.

Any reassurances? Or advice?

Thanks,
eva
#82 of 442 Old 07-30-2007, 03:26 AM

Hi Eva

Just give you some information about clickremedy.com.Maybe it help you feel better.Let's see as this link http://www.asklenore.info/forums/ubb...page=1&fpart=1
#83 of 442 Old 07-30-2007, 12:59 PM

Waterside,

thanks for responding. I saw that when I googled them a week ago. I'm just concerned because it's been over 20 days, and I ran out of dom a week ago now and my milk supply is really low. I needed the dom. I just don't know what to do now. Do I just ask for my money back and go to inhousepharmacy or wait or what? I'm just really worried.

anyway, thanks again for responding.

eva
#84 of 442 Old 07-30-2007, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sometimes, things get sort of "randomly audited" for lack of a better phrase in customs. I'm wondering if this happened to your item and it was hung up or confiscated.

mom to one glorious sweetpea born 10/18/2007.

#85 of 442 Old 07-30-2007, 03:14 PM

How long did it take you to get your inhousepharmacy order?
#86 of 442 Old 07-30-2007, 06:16 PM

It seems mine was one that got randomly hung up! The original order was split into 2 packages: one 600, one 200. I got the 200 today. Had to sign for it. I'm still waiting on the rest of my order, whether it's the original shipment or the second. I'll send the duplicate (if it ever arrives) back as soon as it arrives.

Whenever I ordered from inhouse, it never took more than 10 days to arrive. I think they ship from New Zealand. So, at double the time, I was worried. I ordered in enough time not to run out, but I ran out since it took longer. I figured it would be like ordering from inhouse, especially since I hadn't read anything bad about clickremedy.

Seems like it's just one of those random things, though.

Thanks for all the responses. I was really very worried, and I knew you ladies would understand!

eva
#87 of 442 Old 08-02-2007, 11:18 AM

Subbing
Come back later...
#88 of 442 Old 08-12-2007, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Twin boys 04/2005 : Support breastfeeding rights at FirstRight.Org : warrior
Face the rear for MORE than a year! Toddlers' necks are safest in a rear facing carseat
#89 of 442 Old 08-12-2007, 09:22 PM

I ordered, received and have started! I started it on Thursday and Friday I was able to pump 1-2 more oz. than my usual "Friday." I didn't really keep up with it this weekend because I don't pump on the weekends, he is only nursed.

I am taking 3 pills twice a day about an hour and a half after eating. Does this sound right?

laural
#90 of 442 Old 08-14-2007, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happily Blessed View Post
I ordered, received and have started! I started it on Thursday and Friday I was able to pump 1-2 more oz. than my usual "Friday." I didn't really keep up with it this weekend because I don't pump on the weekends, he is only nursed.

I am taking 3 pills twice a day about an hour and a half after eating. Does this sound right?

laural
I would take them before eating and then nurse or pump after eating. They will up the prolactin, and the food will up the insulin, which you need to support milk production.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page