the torture of pregnant nursing binges... HELP (x-posted in toddlers) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2006, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have solutions for this? She was wanting to nurse EVERY MINUTE yesterday, then last night I got her down, she was down for maybe 40 minutes, and after that she nursed 6.5 hour straight- interrupted only for sniffles and snorts. She took a hot shower with daddy this morning and came out with long strings of snot, so I know she's got the same thing the two of us have been flushing out via neti pot.
But as I'm embarrassed to admit, my real reason for wanting her over the clingy mommy's and the stuffy nose- is because my pregnant breasts HURT, and I was having to dig my nails into myself or bite my cheeks last night, I was kind of resenting her, yet knowing she wasn't feeling well and needed it.... I just can't take replacing the little sleep I get with awake seeing stars in pain time.
Any ideas what to do for her since she really is too little for the neti pot, although she wants to try (just like mommy and daddy). Or ways to make the bfing tolerable?
I think I may be rambling now, so.... signing off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2006, 10:35 PM

I have no really big nifty ideas.What worked for me when it go too unbearable I would make DH take DS and give him a sippy cup of juice at night or just go to the bathroom alone for 5 minutes and yes he did cry during that time but at least it was a little break.It is sooo hard. We are all doing the best we can.
Have you tried a little breast milk up the nose instead of saline.Sometimes that helps more.For you, maybe try some soothies and lanolin ointment, maybe it was psycological but it did seem to help me.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

Old 06-03-2006, 10:42 PM

((((((HUGS)))))))) Oh man, It is so hard! Especially when they are snotty and popping on and off the breast so they can breath! I always suck (with my mouth) the snot out. Good luck and don't forget to spit . . . LOL

User Tag List