I Am So. Freakin'. Hungry. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 06-12-2006, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yum, Hottmama. Those are all my favorites. I feel like I have more abdominal fat than I did after my first two. That really worries me. I have no idea what i weigh, though, so I should get that info, I guess, and try to eat healthily. My 4 m.o. is 18 lbs, too!
#32 of 37 Old 06-13-2006, 07:37 PM

Have you tried the paint off the walls? That's what I always had....
#33 of 37 Old 06-14-2006, 02:29 PM

I am always starving as well! But Sage is a peanut, only 18 pounds at 12 1/2 months.

However, the Crohn's disease and realated meds make me digest food really quickly, plus I am on Domperidone for milk supply and that also causes the stomach to empty quickly.

Twice a day I eat 6-8 ounces of yogurt with sliced strawberries (an sometimes bananas or blueberries) topped with 1/2 cup of granola. It make s a great in between meals snack and my 3 year old is now hooked on "strawberry sundaes"
#34 of 37 Old 06-14-2006, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansavi
Help Mamas! I can't figure out what my body is craving...

What should I eat?
Fish?

I'd try fatty fish. Mackerel. Eel. Black Cod (aka: sablefish) if you live somewhere you can get it.

Peanut butter sandwiches.

Cashew butter balls.

Does your soy problem include fermented soy? Like miso?

Definately go for protein and not carbs. I ate so much protein at that point. I recall one day eating a HUGE shell steak, very rare, and then 4 hours later having a double order of sashimi without any rice.

My kid loves fish, btw. Other kids ask for cookies, he asks for sushi.
#35 of 37 Old 06-14-2006, 02:41 PM

My ds is 2 months old and a big guy too. I feel like a bottomless pit but I would prefer to lose a little weight naturally, but still eat the proper vitamins, minerals, fats, etc that I should for nursing. I've been eating stirfried greens almost everyday which are supposed to be good for milk supply, are filling and tasty and they are just extra good food for nursing mamas. I wash, trim and cut up some greens (my fav is Italian Kale) stirfry them in coconut oil with some garlic, then add a little seasalt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. I used to like them with a bit of organic cream cheese mixed in then stuffed into a sprouted grain tortilla but I can't eat dairy or wheat anymore. You can mix in some white beans or chickpeas for some extra protein too. It sounds kinda weird, but I am seriously addicted to dark leafy greens now!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#36 of 37 Old 06-14-2006, 02:44 PM

Wow, I hate veggies, but you may have just spurred me to try some Greens! That sounds yummy
#37 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mmmm..oily fish-yum.

Y'all just reminded me of cream cheese and cashews! That's it! I want cream cheese on whole wheat crackers with pepper jelly on top, some cashews and a glass of ice cold milk.

I think I do okay with miso, by the way. I really love soymilk, but um, it comes back on me....if ya' know what I mean...:

Any ideas? Should I take enzymes?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page