Exclusive Pumpers Tribe - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2006, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any preferences among you ladies between a lactina and symphony? anyone have experience with both? TIA for any and all input!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2006, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
any preferences among you ladies between a lactina and symphony? anyone have experience with both?
Symphony without a doubt! I mostly used a Lactina the first 6 months, and it started taking like 30 min for me to empty, pumping 8x a day--yikes! I thought I didn't like Symphony b/c the one I used when ds was hospitalized for surgery really stank--very difficult to get even suction on both sides. Then I tried another one in another unit and liked it a lot. SOOO much more comfortable. I can use nearly full suction on it, and on the Lactina I was stuck on maybe the second level. Also much quieter. More expensive, but really not by a lot.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:35 PM

Hi Ladies,

No news here but just wanted to say hi and let you all know how much you mean to me. I have learned sooo much from you all, but most of all I have felt not so alone with this pumping thing. You women mean a lot to me and without this support I don't think I would have gotten this far. The 30th will make 8 months and I really think I might make it to a year. I try not to think of that though and just go day by day. Last month for some reason my supply was low and I thought we were going to have to start supplementing but now I have extra again. Who knows why, I haven't done anything different. In fact I'm getting lazier and only pump once at night now and then every three hours during the day. Anyway I don't mean to bore you. Just wanted to check in and say thanks for everything. And see how all of you are doing.

P.S. Someone asked about rentals--I pay $44 a month for a Medela Lactina Electric Plus.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:21 AM

Question for ep'ers...when did af return? DD is 3.5 monthes old and af has not yet returned. With dd#1, I had af every month starting 4 weeks pp. And that was with ebf on demand around the clock. just nervous baout her staying away this time.,

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
Old 12-14-2006, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiannancy View Post
Question for ep'ers...when did af return?

just nervous baout her staying away this time.,
Sadly, mine is still no where to be seen and my DD is 10mths now. I would love to start working on #2 but that does not seem to be in my cards as of now. :

Andrea
EPing for Lola 10mths

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

Old 12-14-2006, 05:41 AM

16 months and no af in sight!! it's a major benefit in my situation since we don't want another baby!

andrea- don't know if I've mentioned it before but I see that you are in Bristol- I'm in Cranston.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Old 12-14-2006, 09:24 AM

No AF here yet, EPing for almost 14 months.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:34 AM

Mine returned at 10.5 months - right around when I cut down to 4 pumps a day. Not sure if the two are related. I was really enjoying not having a period. But I'm curious to see what it will be like now, as I had irregular long cycles pre-pregnancy.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:03 PM

Mine came back at 4 months. You ladies are/were lucky!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooeyRN View Post
Please share!!
Never say that to an "over-50" person - they will, lol!!!!

But truly, as difficult as it is to relate this sometimes, it also helps heal a bit more each time - and of course, I always hope that if my experience helps even one mom and babe, then it's a blessing back to me.

So here goes....

I was an older mom (41 when my first was born). I knew little about b'feeding, only knew 2 people who did. But all my research while preg said "breast is best", so I determined to do it! Took a b'feeding class at my local hospital, bought a couple of nursing bras, and figured I was good to go! I had a lousy birth which ended in an unplanned C/S. DS#1 was born late at night, they knocked me out to rest, so I didn't see him til next morning. (Later, when I got my medical records, I found out he had been given 3 bottles before ever being given to me to nurse!!!!) From the next morning on, DS never really latched on - for seconds at a time on a couple of tries, but always pulled away fussing. Every nurse on every shift tried to get him going, with no result. Finally on his 3rd day of life they told me to "start him on some formula for now" (little did I know he'd already been getting it!!!AArrgghhh!!) And the day after that they told me that he'd do fine on the bottle and basically offered no further advice. I had heard a bit about pumping so I asked for and was finally given a breast pump - but no advice even on how to put the darn kit together, let alone how much milk I could expect, how to store it, how often to pump. I went home 4 days after DS's birth, got a rental pump, but didn't even touch if for 3 days (no one told me this would shoot my milk supply, which it really did). One week postpartum a midwife at my OB's practice spent nearly two hours with me and DS, and finally got him to nurse for nearly 20 minutes. I was thrilled - but once at home, he latched briefly for two feedings and quit (probably not getting enough milk). I called LLL who wouldn't touch me because the baby was not latching at all, but referred me to an LC. She did several home visits and on the first asked me if I had noticed how DS's jaw was angled to one side. She referred me to an osteopath - my pediatrician told me she was crazy and not to bother since he was bottlefeeding well - and baby blues crazy me was caught in the middle. Ultimately, I went to the osteopath who felt that his jaw misalignment was possibly due to his position in my uterus (he was posterior/face presentation - hence the C/S).To make this part of the story shorter, I syringe fed and/or finger fed with an SNS for nearly 5 weeks, in addition to pumping what little BM I could get, doing suck exercises that the LC had recommended and just trying to survive. This whole ritual took nearly 1-1/2 to 2 hours, and it seemed as soon as I finished, DS was crying to be fed again. I had no family around, DH was out of the house 15-16 hours a day and did not like to feed the baby with anything but a bottle when he was around. There was just no support, and when I realized I was dreading my baby waking up to eat, I knew I had to stop. I bottlefed him what little BM I could get (about 16 oz. a day) and supplemented with formula. I quit pumping at 7 months old, and tried to tell myself I did the best I could.

The following spring I TTC again and had a m/c at 8 weeks. Then followed a year of infertility. Finally had DS#2 at age 44. Another lousy labor and unplanned C/S, but his jaw was perfect so I anticipated no problems b'feeding. Wrong. They refused to let me nurse after my C/S, said "the neonatologist goes back and forth as to whether or not pain meds are safe in BM". And again my babe was bottle fed several times before being given to me to nurse. He never latched on, only licked halfheartedly at the breast before quitting. His 2nd day of life he latched 4 times with the aid of a nipple shield - then just refused the breast again. The hospital was even more b'feeding UNfriendly this time around (where most places would improve they deteriorated!!) But this time I was hip. I called the neighbor who had long term borrowed my Pump In Style to give it back, had my DH pick up a mini Medela in the meantime and began pumping 8-10 times a day. I saw the LC the day after I got home from the hospital and she got DS nursing - but (sigh) the LC's go home and the babe seems to forgot she was ever there!! After 2 hour screaming sessions trying to get him back on the breast I went back to the bottle. The LC reminded me about syringe/finger-feeding but (don't flame me ladies) I just couldn't go that route again. I had a 2-1/2 year old, a newborn, DH still wasn't around much, no support, etc. That first week I literally said "one more day, one more day, I'll pump one more day and see how I feel". Well, one day turned into one week, which turned into one month. One month became 3, then 6......and I finally pumped for the last time when DS#2 was 13 months old. I had an abundant supply - he never had a drop of formula from the time he left the hospital. Interesting, since the Medela rep who I rented my pump from the first time around said you never get a full supply - somehow the body knows the difference between the pump and the baby. Well, as many of you know, that is not the case!

EP'ing was the hardest thing I ever did, but I am proud of my efforts. I gave my babe the best any way I could. I did periodically try to get them to b'feed, but especially with Greg, he would scream if I even opened my shirt! Why it just happens with some babes and not others - who knows? Why some babes can be bottle fed initially and still learn to b'feed well and others, like my boys, couldn't - who knows? Truthfully, a small part of my heart still hurts that I couldn't b'feed - and since I can't have more kids that is something I have to learn to live with. But knowing that I gave them my milk does help.

Whew - sorry ladies, I told you us "seniors" love to tell a story. But know that you all are doing a wonderful thing for your babes by EP'ing - and be there for each other. Feel free to e-mail or PM me if you think I can offer advice. I'm glad to help.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:57 AM

Wow, Janet! That is an amazing story. I'm teary and pissed-off at that damn hospital nursery. You are a tough mama and your boys are very lucky to have you.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGirlieMama View Post
Wow, Janet! That is an amazing story. I'm teary and pissed-off at that damn hospital nursery. You are a tough mama and your boys are very lucky to have you.
Totally agree! I wonder if that is even legal..I mean to feed a baby a bottke w/o paental permission? They have to get consen for everything else why not feedings? Well if it is legal, it should NOT be! I hate "stupid" hospials, I also had problems w/ really bad advice in the first few weeks and no matter what we did after those days the pattern had already been set!

Eping for10mths

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

Old 12-15-2006, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
16 months and no af in sight!! it's a major benefit in my situation since we don't want another baby!

andrea- don't know if I've mentioned it before but I see that you are in Bristol- I'm in Cranston.
Really??? we should get together! PM me when you get a chance.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerALM View Post
Totally agree! I wonder if that is even legal..I mean to feed a baby a bottke w/o paental permission? They have to get consen for everything else why not feedings? Well if it is legal, it should NOT be! I hate "stupid" hospials, I also had problems w/ really bad advice in the first few weeks and no matter what we did after those days the pattern had already been set!

Eping for 10mths
Just wanted to mention that I am posting while pumping that is why my spelling is so bad. I have to type w/ one hand. No hands free here, cant get enough milk w/o compressions.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:30 AM

Janet,

Thanks for sharing your story. I sucks the hospital gave your child bottles without your permission.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, Janet, that is sad. I agree that they should not be able to feed babies w/o consent.

Quote:
I have to type w/ one hand. No hands free here, cant get enough milk w/o compressions.
Me too. I HATE it! : Can't hold my baby, can't read to my toddler. And it holds me back from ever PIP--don't want to sit squeezing the bejeebers out of my breasts in front of other people.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:25 AM

A dear friend of mine from another board just sent me a pumping Chanukah present! She EPed for her son for a year, and just recently finished up, so we were pumping buddies for nearly 11 months. Look at the awesome tee she just sent me!

It's from www.thelactivist.com and has the URL on the back.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGirlieMama View Post
A dear friend of mine from another board just sent me a pumping Chanukah present! She EPed for her son for a year, and just recently finished up, so we were pumping buddies for nearly 11 months. Look at the awesome tee she just sent me!

It's from www.thelactivist.com and has the URL on the back.
I HAVE to get the one that says "Pump Juice"! That is awesome! Congrats to your friend for making it to a year!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Really??? we should get together! PM me when you get a chance.
I will once the holidays are over, if we get any more mild days it'd be nice to go to the playground or something!

wanting to quit

first off I'm not quitting until winter is over. period.

I just don't know if I can make it to two yrs. lately for some bizarre reason, my nipples have started HURTING at the beginning of pumping. no other symptoms, just sore, dull pain. also, i am SOOOOO SICKKKKKK of being up 3 hours after dd goes to sleep just to pump again!!!!

had to vent. thanks

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Old 12-19-2006, 09:34 AM

Quote:
wanting to quit

first off I'm not quitting until winter is over. period.

I just don't know if I can make it to two yrs. lately for some bizarre reason, my nipples have started HURTING at the beginning of pumping. no other symptoms, just sore, dull pain. also, i am SOOOOO SICKKKKKK of being up 3 hours after dd goes to sleep just to pump again!!!!

had to vent. thanks
I wonder whats up with being sore now? And just at the beginning of pumping? Could it be hormonal somehow?

Its great you can hold out until the end of winter. I have some bad days sometimes, where I don't really think I can make it to two years, either. It seems so far away! Can I really handle 10 more months of this? So I have also been telling myself to just hang in there until late spring and then re-evaluate. I may call it quits then if dd eats food by then. She ate a few bites THREE times yesterday!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 01:02 AM

I have no ideas what's causing the soreness. it's truly painful. it goes away after the first 3-4 minutes or so. hormonal....maybe? no clue. maybe because for weeks or even months without realizing it, I had a crack in the top of one of the horns. I didn't even notice it- DH did. when I put a new one on, the pump did feel stronger. that was a few weeks ago. it didn't hurt right away, just felt stronger that's all. that still doesn't make sense to me though, because there have been several episodes where I was pumping with faulty equipment that affected the suctioning strength and it never hurt once I fixed it. maybe my nipples are finally giving out? pumping isn't the same as bf'ing (as we all know too well!!) and maybe that prolonged, unnatural suckling action is eventually corrosive? I mean, once every few weeks at this point, my left breast will bleed. it's just something I've learned to live with (and it doesn't hurt when it bleeds). but that wouldn't explain why the right one hurts too.

sorry. just thinking out loud. sigh.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Old 12-20-2006, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I have no ideas what's causing the soreness. it's truly painful. it goes away after the first 3-4 minutes or so. hormonal....maybe? no clue. maybe because for weeks or even months without realizing it, I had a crack in the top of one of the horns. I didn't even notice it- DH did. when I put a new one on, the pump did feel stronger. that was a few weeks ago. it didn't hurt right away, just felt stronger that's all. that still doesn't make sense to me though, because there have been several episodes where I was pumping with faulty equipment that affected the suctioning strength and it never hurt once I fixed it. maybe my nipples are finally giving out? pumping isn't the same as bf'ing (as we all know too well!!) and maybe that prolonged, unnatural suckling action is eventually corrosive? I mean, once every few weeks at this point, my left breast will bleed. it's just something I've learned to live with (and it doesn't hurt when it bleeds). but that wouldn't explain why the right one hurts too.

sorry. just thinking out loud. sigh.
I always get extra sore after changing the white membranes. Did you change those recently?

I also have been periodically bleeding on the left side, for about the last 6 weeks now. I have also wondered if my nipples have had enough of this pumping already. They are looking pretty nasty. They are cracked, extra crusty, extra red, and extra sore. (sorry if TMI!) Maybe it is the change in weather and use of more indoor heat? I really wonder what kind of shape our nipples will be in when we quit pumping. I am kind of worried that they won't work well to BF for future children. They are so battered!
Old 12-20-2006, 06:07 PM

good point about the weather! the dryness must have some effect, I mean my hands get dry so why not the nipples?

Unless I adopt an infant in the future (possibility) I will never bf again, but I have TOTALLY wondered about the effects of EP'ing on future bf'ing. I know regular bf'ing moms have said their nipples get bigger- ok, but I have a very hard time believing a newborn would be able to latch on to these puppies successfully! they're just soooo stretched out. it would need to go to the back of the kid's throat to get the proper suction.

something happened today that made me really and feeling like a terrible mama. ever since dd's last cleft palate surgery, we've been struggling to get back into a normal nighttime sleep routine. for months she was staying up until 2-3 am and sleeping til 11. BAD. In the last week, I've finally begun to get her down around 9:30 or 10, but my ep'ing schedule is still all messed up, so I'm still up pumping at 1:30 or 2 am. well, last night I finally went to bed around 2, and slept until I heard the phone ringing. I woke up, looked in the cosleeper and there is dd, WIDE awake and playing with blankets. I look at the clock and it's 12 freaking NOON!!!!!! God only knows how long she was awake!! what if she cried and I slept right through it? what if she was awake for two hours just being ignored by sleeping mama?

I felt like some sort of neglectful idiot, like some trashy mom who was out all night partying and not waking up to feed her kid! I mean, to dd, it might as well be that, she doesn't care what the reason for me not getting up was.

so I have to cut out my 4th pump. I can't do it. and I cannot fit another pump into the daytime b/c dd is out of control with eating crap off the floor. just today, she's eaten lint, a piece of cat food (thank God it's organic cat food lol), some weird disgusting piece of paper with crud on it out of the trash, and the last time I gave her the bottle I noticed a humongous piece of lint/cat hair/dust bunny under her bottom lip. I simply can not watch her adequately while I'm pumping. so my supply might fail entirely by only pumping 3x per day, but it's a risk I'm willing to take at this point.

sorry for writing a novel, this is just getting really, really hard.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
Old 12-22-2006, 02:20 PM

bri--my aches for you!!! i've only been EPing for 2 1/2mos, and i really want to make it til spring of 2008 if i can't get dd to nurse again, but man is it HARD! i really give you (and all the long-term EPers here) such big credit! i never had any idea how hard this would be! you've done a wonderful thing by giving your dd your milk for so long. one day when she has her own DC, she's going to realize how hard you worked for her, and she's going to thank you in a big way!

if you heard the phone ringing, then i'm SURE you would have heard your dd crying. i know that all this pumping business is really tough, but please don't be too hard on yourself. my dd often wakes before i do, and she's always happy as a clam, chatting and playing, waiting to give me a big smile as soon as her eyes meet mine. it sounds like your dd is the same way.

just 2 days ago my dd ate her first piece of dog food (yuck!). i had just fed the dogs, and was pumping while dd played on the floor with her toys. i turned around for a second to adjust the pump, and when i turned back to look at her again, i noticed she was drooling and it was kinda strange colored. i panicked, ditched the pump, and ran over to her. she smiled, and revealed the treasure she was holding in her mouth. this is the child who gaged on avacado as if it were poison, but she seemed to think that the smelly dog food was a delicacy! i try not to feel bad for having to pumping when she ate the dog food (piece of paper, fuzz, whatever else she finds on the floor), instead i try to remind myself that it's a normal developmental stage (what's this on the floor, mmm...delicious), and she would be doing that no matter what our BF situation is. unless i'm right in her face playing with her (which i try to be, but i can't constantly be within arm's reach of her) she's very fast, and would be picking stuff up off the floor before i could get it anyways. you're all doing such a great job mommas! hope all of your holiday pumping goes well!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:56 PM

Hi Bri,

Quote:

Unless I adopt an infant in the future (possibility) I will never bf again, but I have TOTALLY wondered about the effects of EP'ing on future bf'ing. I know regular bf'ing moms have said their nipples get bigger- ok, but I have a very hard time believing a newborn would be able to latch on to these puppies successfully! they're just soooo stretched out. it would need to go to the back of the kid's throat to get the proper suction. .
this came up on another EPers board and the retired said not to worry, their breasts/nipples went back to somesort of nomality just as tap feeding moms. also it did not harm their future BFing children.
Quote:

something happened today that made me really and feeling like a terrible mama. I woke up, looked in the cosleeper and there is dd, WIDE awake and playing with blankets. I look at the clock and it's 12 freaking NOON!!!!!! God only knows how long she was awake!! what if she cried and I slept right through it? what if she was awake for two hours just being ignored by sleeping mama?
be happy that she was smiling and playing!! even if she was up for 2hrs she was happy so dont fret!!!

Quote:
so I have to cut out my 4th pump. I can't do it. and I cannot fit another pump into the daytime b/c dd is out of control with eating crap off the floor. just today, she's eaten lint, a piece of cat food (thank God it's organic cat food lol), some weird disgusting piece of paper with crud on it out of the trash, and the last time I gave her the bottle I noticed a humongous piece of lint/cat hair/dust bunny under her bottom lip. I simply can not watch her adequately while I'm pumping. so my supply might fail entirely by only pumping 3x per day, but it's a risk I'm willing to take at this point.
How do you normally pump with her? Does she always have to crawl around? My gal is just allowing me to put her in a High Chair while I pump. We "try" different foods and I entertain her while I pump. I bring toys and do anyting to keep her their for about 40min total.

I pump 4 times a day. Once before my DH leave for work so he watches her. The mid morning in her high chair. Mid afternoon while she is napping or if my Mom is here then I pump whild she plays with her. And the last pump is after she goes to bed. This really really reduces my stress level since I dont have to worry about her wihle I pump.!!:

Before you drop the pump try a different pumping arrangement! I could never pump with my DD crawling around and she will NOT tolerate a play pen(I dont like them anyway but if she did not mind I would use one while I pumped once a day) The highchair is great! We get to socialize and she plays with me and the food,it is good quality time!

Andrea

Old 12-22-2006, 08:39 PM

That was me on EPers asking about what other retired EPers nipples were like after weaning from the pump, and if they were to bf other kid's afterwards. I asked, since my nipples are SO stretched out. The skin is even wrinkled on my areola's. I was wondering how on earth a newborn would be able to get proper suction without choking!

Bri,

You aren't a neglectful mom. If the phone woke you, crying would have definatly woke you. I have slept through the phone before, but never a cry. Your dd was probably content since she could see you.

It seems like you are having a really difficult time with pumping lately. Between being sore, and now having problems keeping your mobile dd safe. I know it is so difficult sometimes to pump when dd is awake.

I sit on the couch and she sits on my lap. It kind of hurts if she grabs the horns or leans back into them, but I deal with it. I read her books while I pump and she is on my lap. Sometimes I turn on the tv and she will sit on my lap and watch. Other times I let her sit on my lap at the computer. I emptied out all of the desk drawers and put toys in it. So she opens the drawers to see what kind of treasures she can find. When she is sick of that she plays with the keyboard and mouse. She is a total velcro kid, so I guess that makes it easier on me when it comes to pumping. (other than I can not fully empty since she stresses me out and I don't let down as many times, and can not use compressions)

I don't know if you have an extra room in your house that you can completely child-proof. I have one room that I took EVERYTHING out of except for a chair. I put a few baskets of toys in there. So I sit in there and pump if she is wanting to run around.

Your dd is about 16 months old? I think its awesome that you made it this long! If you can't handle pumping 4 times a day, 3 is fine! It only takes 4 oz a day to get the immunological benefits. Even if you can't pump another day, you already did so much good for your dd!
Old 12-24-2006, 07:32 AM

I feel really lucky that I don't have to worry about DD when I'm pumping (only on weekends- and then DH is "responsible" for her. I pump to and from work in the car, 1-2 at work, and then once in the middle of the night when DD is sleeping. It helps me rationalize all this time spent with the pump in that I'm not taking away valuable time with her.

By the way...just wanted to brag. I just hit the 1 year mark for pumping. Don't know what my overall goal is (at least until RSV season is over) but the one year thing makes me feel like I did something right!
Old 12-24-2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstress View Post
I feel really lucky that I don't have to worry about DD when I'm pumping (only on weekends- and then DH is "responsible" for her. I pump to and from work in the car, 1-2 at work, and then once in the middle of the night when DD is sleeping. It helps me rationalize all this time spent with the pump in that I'm not taking away valuable time with her.

By the way...just wanted to brag. I just hit the 1 year mark for pumping. Don't know what my overall goal is (at least until RSV season is over) but the one year thing makes me feel like I did something right!
Congrats on making it to a year!!! That is wonderful! How much milk are you making by pumping 4 times a day? How long do you pump for?
Old 12-24-2006, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooeyRN View Post
Congrats on making it to a year!!! That is wonderful! How much milk are you making by pumping 4 times a day? How long do you pump for?
I'm pretty regularly making about 28-30 oz a day. My DD just recently started eating more than that, so we've had to dip into the freezer. Unfortunately, I've always needed a long time to pump. I go for about 30 min during the workday and during the commutes. Then in the middle of the night, I pump for about 45 min.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:54 PM

Hey ladies - hope you all had a good Christmas or winter holdiay of your preference.

My baby has thrush now, at ten months old! I had no idea that could even happen at this age. I don't feel like I have it myself, but she seems to have it on both ends, and I don't know what to do for her. I have been giving her GSE, but now read that that may be too harsh (and it isn't working anyway..). I have a scrip for nystatin, but didn't get it filled due to Dr.Newman's assessment of its inefficacy due to the sugar used to make it palatable.

Do I need to treat myself? How should I treat her? Is it systemic with her due to her rash on her bottom too? Should I be giving the probiotic and the GSE or nystatin? Should I treat myself even though I am asymptomatic? How in the world can I be sure all her toys and teething things and botles are yeat-free? (how do you manage this with an older, mobile child who puts everything in her mouth?)

Should I be cutting out sugar myself or does this even have anything to do with me, since I pump?

How do I treat her bottom?

User Tag List