Low supply- SNS on older baby?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-10-2006, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All!
I hope someone here can help, I'm starting to get really concerned. My little one is 13 months old, I have been having dwindling milk supply since I became pregnant ( a few months now). My dd has always been on the lower weight gaining side but I was never concerned until now. I can tell my milk is not what it should be, she is hungry ALOT and I can't get her to drink hardly any milk or formula from a bottle at all and barely from a cup. She'll drink water from the cup like a champ, uhg! I've been giving her more solids but she is still not gaining in the last couple months and still many times insists on nursing even though there isn't anything there and I can't get her to want to eat food. I just remembered seeing an article for an SNS. Could this work for us? Will she notice it and reject it? Will it work for an older baby? Should I give formula or milk?? thanks for any advice
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-10-2006, 10:18 PM

I have low milk supply. I use the Lact-Aid system and am still using it with an almost 21 month old.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#3 of 3 Old 06-11-2006, 08:17 PM

I've never used an SNS with an older baby but it sounds like a great idea in your circumstance, especially since she doesn't like milk in a cup or bottle. I would try it and see. You might give yourself a little while, I think there is a learning curve but sounds like it would be a great bonding tool.

Twin boys 04/2005 : Support breastfeeding rights at FirstRight.Org : warrior
Face the rear for MORE than a year! Toddlers' necks are safest in a rear facing carseat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page