pregnant and nursing - challenges? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2006, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am about 7wks pregnant and my son is 7mo and he loves his boobies what are some challenges bf'ing that some of you have faced in this situation and how did you cope? Just want to get an idea of what I might be in for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2006, 03:29 PM

Sorry I don't have any info for you. I'm hoping to be in your situation soon, so I am looking forward to responses you get.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:05 PM

You might also check the bfing past infancy forum, I think there are some over there

Twin boys 04/2005 : Support breastfeeding rights at FirstRight.Org : warrior
Face the rear for MORE than a year! Toddlers' necks are safest in a rear facing carseat
Old 06-13-2006, 05:44 PM

My DS was much older than your baby while I was pregnant (2 years) but we nursed for quite a while and still do now and then (my DD is 6 mo now).

My biggest problem was just the physical sensation. It changed from being a pleasurable experience we shared, into a skin-crawling sensation for me. He really wanted to nurse but I had to cut back. This does not happen to everyone, maybe you will be lucky? It seemed to get much more difficult when my milk stopped - but again, not everyone's milk seems to stop. I do wish you the best of luck and happy tandem nursing if you can stick it out!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:24 PM

My dd is now 19 months and the new babe will come a couple of weeks before she turns 2. The biggest challenge I have is that my milk supply has decreased! Dd still nurses, actually it seems like she nurses more, probably to make up for it. She was never very interested in solids so keeping her healthy has been tough. Although, she is finding out how good solids are when she is hungry!

And the second biggest challenge is that I am completely exhausted all the time. Trying to keep my diet healthy and get everything I need for me, dd and the babe inside can get tough because I never really thought about what I ate during my other pregnancies.

But I am really treasuring the nursing time we get. She is such a great snuggler and nothing can stop her tantrums like her " na nas"!

Congratulations and good luck!

Stacey

Stacey- WOHM and wife to Jesse- : Athena , Huckleberry : Fiona : Shillelagh : and Calliope

User Tag List