Starting a back up supply-pumping Help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-09-2006, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think I have a really big supply of milk(I know it incrases with increased nursing). One of my breasts barely works, despite trying to pump a lot in the beginning. What kind of pumping schedule should I start to get some back up milk in my freezer. My baby is still ebf, so I have to feed her constantly also. TIA for anay help-I'm totally lost here!

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#2 of 4 Old 07-10-2006, 12:20 AM

When i was pumping to get a stash going, I would nurse my daughter on one boob and pump the other, i get the best let down for that. I would try pumping with each daytime nursing..your supply should definately increase while you do this.
#3 of 4 Old 07-10-2006, 11:58 PM

I second that
#4 of 4 Old 07-12-2006, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses, ladies. I just think it would be a good idea to have some back-up milk. I don't want to ever have to feed my dd formula for any reason. When I pumped in the beginning, I hardly got any milk-it was hardly enough to save. I think I wasn't letting down. New mama-didn't know.

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page