Help with biting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2006, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD has started biting me. This happens only once she has drifted off to sleep at the NaNa (our word for boobie). She has only done it a few times, but it HURTS. She drifts off and then suddenly just as I am about to pull away, she will clamp down! Yikes.: It isn't like I can say anything to her since she is sleeping at the time. She grinds her teeth in her sleep, so she does get a paci while she sleeps at the suggestion from out ped. (DS#2 ground his teeth in his sleep and had a paci. He gradually stopped doing it.)
DH has suggested that I go ahead an wean her to keep her from doing damage to my nips, but I know we aren't ready to do that yet. She is way too young. She will be turning 1 in just over 3 weeks. Of course, my DH will support me either way. Lynnette is my fourth child and I have never had an issue with biting before with any of them, so I am at a complete loss.
TIA,
Janet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2006, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm also going through some biting issues....hugs to you and I hope that you are able to get through this bump in the breastfeeding road!
Can you take her off the breast before she falls asleep and give her the paci?

Lynda

User Tag List