Babe loosing weight - need some encouraging words - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-14-2006, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*heavy sigh* I'm so disappointed that it's difficult to put into words. I've been so excited lately because I really felt like my goal of getting ds back on 100% mm was attainable, and now I just don't know. Over the last couple of weeks he's not only not gained, but lost some weight. With a heavy heart I increased his formula supplement tonight.

I know that I should be more grateful. The fact that he nurses at all after almost 2 months off the breast is fantastic. But geez...I've used this darn lact-aid for 5 months now, and I was filled with glee at the thought of eventually throwing it out the window. My dh tried to remind me earlier tonight how miserable I was when I wasn't nursing him, and said it's not the worst thing in the world if we need to use the lact-aid for another year and a half. I'm just still so sad. Pick-me-ups would be appreciated. Thanks, mamas.

edit: Gosh darnit - you'd think I could at least spell "losing" properly...urgh!

A happy woman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-14-2006, 11:49 PM

Just wanted to send (((HUGS))) What you are doing is heroic and hard and he's getting so much benefit even if it's not 100% yet.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#3 of 5 Old 07-15-2006, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the hug, Amma. You're right, he is getting the benefits - the milk benefits plus the closeness.

A happy woman
#4 of 5 Old 07-15-2006, 01:20 AM

You are doing the best for you and your baby and if that includes a little formula, so be it! No need to feel guilty or as less of a breastfeeder for it! I also went through this when I went back to work and had to start giving him formula regularly, but I just couldn't stress about it too much!! Keep up the good work!

Lynda
#5 of 5 Old 07-20-2006, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, so he's starting to take less formula per feeding most feedings since I bumped it up. Hopefully this continues and he continues to gain. Thanks, mamas.

A happy woman

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page