2.5 week old vomiting--is it a food sensitivity? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-20-2006, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 2.5 week old ds vomits regularly--as in emptying his whole feed, not just spitting up. I read that its not dangerous if he wants to feed again shortly after. Is this normal or is it due to a sensitivity to something in my diet (ie. milk or wheat)?

Similar experiences anyone?

Syrinx, Soulmate to Pan, Mama to Zion (5), River (3), Silver (1) and expecting a baby Storm...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 04:32 PM

I'd call and talk to your pedi. Acid reflux or food allergy can cause it. My boys both were allergic to dairy. Took trial and error to finally figure it out.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:37 AM

My son had a similar problem. He would thow up projectile over my shoulder onto the floor. It seemed like a lot of milk. Try to get an idea as to how much it really is by pouring an ounce of water on the counter. Sometimes it looks like more than it really is.

I had an overproduction problem. My ds would feed from one breast for four hours and it was still too much milk for him. He wanted the comfort of nursing so he would nurse, throw up, nurse, throw up. I read that the muscle that closes the thoat is weak in babies that's why they spit up so much. My son stopped spitting up so much at 8 months. Even at 1 year he still spits up sometimes.

If your son is gaining weight well I wouldn't worry about it. It's just a pain to clean up all the time and of course more laundry to wash. If you are still worried you could talk to your doctor about it. Hang in there

User Tag List