Weird nursing blister/problem in veteran nursing mom - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 08-27-2006, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
I am having this strange problem on one breast--- I intermittently get a blister that hurts quite a bit. After a day or so the pain seems to be "deeper" in the breast, but then it returns to just the nipple area; then it goes away, then a few days later comes back again. It stays only on the right; it's not happening on the left. There is no plugged duct sensation. It goes from being just annoying to quite painful to no problem. It has been going on for about a month. My dd prefers not to nurse on that side since it began (I was guessing that perhaps the blister is uncomfortable for her?)

My baby is 20 mos. She is my 3rd and I have never had anything like this happen before with her or my two children before her. There are no changes in her latch or nursing patterns. My LLL leader said it didn't sound like thrush or plugged duct. However, I have had some recurrent yeast infections (also for the first time ever), so I am wondering about thrush.

Does this sound familiar to anyone and if so, what are the possible remedies?

User Agreement--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-28-2006, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, milk blisters can recurrent and can be caused by thrush (or other causes): http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nipplebleb.html
Other than that I don't know...

Single mom of 2 boys

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page