Anyone on a higher dose of Domperidone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-06-2006, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been taking domperidone for a month now, and although I have had a good result from it, I'd like to be able to give my 2 month old son breastmilk exclusively. I am currently taking 20mg 4x a day so 80 mg a day. We are still supplementing between 5-7 ozs a day with formula. (down from 12-15ozs a day)

I emailed Dr. Newman and he said I could take 40mg 3x day. I tried that and had the worst stomach cramps ever! I have found that I can take 30mg 4x a day with no side effects. I have only done this one or two days though.

Anyone here on a higher dose? Did it help you to nurse exclusively? Did you or baby have any side effects (other than the milk of course ) How long have you been on that dose? I am a little concerned of the long term effects. Does anyone know what the average dose is for those that take it for stomach problems?

Thanks!
#2 of 7 Old 09-06-2006, 08:18 PM

I worked up to 120 mg/day and didn't have too many problems. I got the stomach cramps, I think, but only during the night. Since I was sleeping, it didn't bother me except when I got up to pump. I was on that dose for 2-3 months. I am weaning down now and am currently at 80 mg. I don't get the cramps as much. A lot of women stay on it during their entire nursing/pumping relationship. I think it is pretty common among women who EP as it is harder to maintain supply.
#3 of 7 Old 09-06-2006, 08:46 PM

I am on 120mg/day - 40mg tid (three times a day). I don't have any issues with cramping. ?
#4 of 7 Old 09-07-2006, 08:58 AM

When I was taking it, I took 120 mg. a day. (30 mg. x 4). I really didn't have any problems.
#5 of 7 Old 09-14-2006, 03:56 AM

I tried 120 mg/day. I started to get headaches every day, all day. I went to (seems slily) 110 mg, and the headaches went away. I have no idea if that was directly related but.. tha'ts my history with dom so far. -j
#6 of 7 Old 09-15-2006, 12:46 PM

I have been taking 100 mg a day (a relatively low dose for a BFAR) and in the beginning I did have some body aches and headaches but they went away, and now the only side effect is no period.
#7 of 7 Old 09-17-2006, 03:03 PM

I did 180 mg for a year with no problems.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page