Biting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-11-2006, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had this under control for awhile, but now it is getting worse. She just bites me every time I nurse her(except at bed time). I tried the telling her no, then I put my bra back on and set her on the floor and tell her no, then I will step back and let her see that mommy walks away and she doesnt get to nurse anymore if she bites, but still nothing. She is almost 10 months old and I just need some ideas on how to set boundaries for her while nursing when she bites me. It just really hurts, and its getting frusterating.

Mom to Bouncy Breastfed fly-by-nursing1.gifDD energy.gifLoving Woman to DH, RIP DS Born at 22 weeks  ribbonpb.gif

#2 of 4 Old 09-12-2006, 02:58 PM

Start crying when she bites you. Like, real tears and everything if you can do it. I was sleep-deprived and really messed up one day when DD bit me and I just started crying and she got this really disturbed look on her face and she hasn't done it since. (I also had some success with squeezing her hand and looking really angry, but I wouldn't recommend that approach.)

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#3 of 4 Old 09-12-2006, 03:15 PM

I was just about to post about this. DS#2 is almost 1 and has recently started biting me. He's basically teething on me. It hurts!!! I don't want to wean him, but now I'm dreading feeding him. DS#1 wasn't a biter... so I don't know what to do.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#4 of 4 Old 09-12-2006, 03:17 PM

Found this on Kelly Mom
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-bab...g.html#prevent

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page