low supply caused by antidepressants? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-13-2006, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've begun to suspect that my supply issues stem from my use of effexor. My dd is 7 months old and I've had to take the max dose of domperidone along with fenugreek and blessed thistle since she was 2 weeks old. I suffer from depression and I was a total mess when we came home from the hospy. My gp doubled my dose of effexor and the next day I all but dried up. O immediately reduced the dosage to the original 75mg dose but the damage seemed to be permanent. If I miss even one dose my supply suffers.

My question is this, has any one else noticed this? I've been getting pressure from the docs to stop the dom, and I'm wondering if it is the effexor affex=cting my supply, a trial of another med might be in order?

sorry this is long...

Sandra SAHM to Kayleigh and welcoming Emily January 2010
#2 of 3 Old 09-13-2006, 11:03 PM

I'm not familar with that anti depresant for some reason... but i do take paxcil CR every fall for seasonal depression, i took it when my dd1 was 6 months old, i took it again after dd2 was born from 2 weeks before birth to about 4 months old then again when dd was about 13 months old till she was 18 months old, now i'm taking it again and dd2 is 2 years and 1 month, but only nursing maybe 1 time a week if i'm lucky i think she has weaned now that i'm back to work full time for the next 3 weeks she hasn't nursed since i went back to work... ...
#3 of 3 Old 09-14-2006, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

I think it is one of the "newer" ones. It works differently than the SSRIs...My sleep deprived brain is blanking about a description.

Anyway, I'm not sure why I didn't clue into this sooner...While I don't want to mess with my happy pills because it helps so much, I am seriously considering seeing if I can switch to something different to see what that does to my supply.

Sorry you LO seems to have weaned! I'm so not looking forward to that.

Sandra SAHM to Kayleigh and welcoming Emily January 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page