EBF toddler, pregnant, diminishing milk supply! Is she getting enough nutritionally? - Mothering Forums
Breastfeeding Challenges > EBF toddler, pregnant, diminishing milk supply! Is she getting enough nutritionally?
Pax3's Avatar Pax3 12:24 AM 05-28-2008
So my question is this - I am 4 months pregnant and still nursing my just turned 2-yr-old, but my milk supply seems to have gone down. Should I supplement with whole milk? I have tried giving her a bit of it, but the thing is that she really doesn't like it, so what do I do to make sure she's still getting adequate nutrition??

Thanks!

janasmama's Avatar janasmama 02:27 AM 05-28-2008
Does your DD eat any solids? At 2 I wouldn't worry about supplementing BM with cow's milk or anything else. She'll be fine. If you are really concerned about her nutrional intake, I would make her a little bit of a "green" drink from whole foods. You can add it to a smoothie or some juice. Just make sure you only give her a small amount of it.
Pax3's Avatar Pax3 05:19 PM 05-28-2008
Sorry, I meant extended BFing, not exclusive. She eats tons of solids, pretty much anything I like she likes, which is really nice! Thank you!
Up