Tummy Sleeping(me) and Breast Compression? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-01-2008, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok I may be crazy (thats a good bet..lol) but I had been wondering why I was having breast pain, lower supply, much lower morning pumping...ect...
I was trying everything to up my suppy or keep it the way it was when this morning at 4 AM I had a thought.

I have been sleeping FLAT on my tummy the last 2-3 nights with my breast pressed against the mattress. I was wondering if that was making a milk issue? Well from 4 AM until 7:30 or so I slept on my back and then when I pumped I got much more it is going back up... I seem to still have a clogged duct, but it is hurting less so it must be getting better...

Ok ladies do you think the flat tummy sleeping was the cause?

~Steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-01-2008, 03:40 PM

Absolutely! Compression can cause less milk production. Also, it can cause clogged ducts.
#3 of 4 Old 06-01-2008, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had problems sleeping on my stomach the entire time I was nursing, it just didn't work out. It broke my heart at first, because before pregnancy, I was a tummy sleeper, and I expected to return to that after my stomach wasn't huge with baby. But nope. So it sounds like a strong possibility from what you described.
#4 of 4 Old 06-02-2008, 04:13 PM

The same thing happened to me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to sleep on my tummy but I make a point not to sleep there because of supply issues. It sucks but I bet if you try sleeping on your side or back it will make a difference. Good luck mama.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page