Four month old craziness - I'm losing my mind!! (please help) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2008, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My four month old DD is ridiculously impatient. She is not a comfort sucker. She only wants to eat (immediately) and be done. It takes about 30 seconds of her sucking to produce a let down but she gets impatient after just a couple sucks and starts crying, arching, etc..... I try to calm her down, switch sides, be calm, and get her to suck so that let down will happen but it's gotten to be an ordeal EVERY TIME we nurse.

It is seriously driving me crazy. Plus I am worried that the four month growth spurt (where she is supposed to nurse more often in order to increase my supply) will fail to increase my supply because she will refuse to nurse if she doesn't get to eat IMMEDIATELY.

Can someone please give me advice on either how to keep my baby calm so she doesn't freak out after five seconds of nursing or how to get my let down to come faster.

I just wanted to cry all day today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2008, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Try massage your breasts and thinking of your baby before you put her to breast, so that let you let down before she is even sucking.

Or - try handpumping to get letdown then put her to breast.

G/L!

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +

User Tag List