How to make milk come in faster - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-07-2008, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had problems with my first. It didn't come in until day 6. I thought it was b/c I was EPing. (she could not latch) I was only able to pump drops of colostrum.

With my second, he latched so we bf from the tap. : However, I still could not get any colostrum out with the pump or by hand. The first few times he nursed he nursed for hours, almost frustrated. The boy was born HUNGRY. He had a great latch, all was going well. Then the crystals and blood in his urine showed up, no pooping, severe jaundice, FTT, and a nightmare. My milk came in on day 3.

It seems like both times I had very little to no colostrum. It was NOT enough for them, obviously. My ds was in such poor shape after all of that I had to use an SNS even after my milk was in. He was so lethargic for 6.5 weeks thanks to him not getting enough colostrum. He then could not nurse effectively. I am surprised we were able to bf after what he went through. Poor guy.

I have no milk production problems. I actually have a great supply. (I have enough for both kids!) It's just getting my milk to come in.

In addition to frequent nursing and pumping, what can make it come in faster if I have another baby in the future? My colostrum was just not enough for ds. I want to avoid that nightmare again.
#2 of 3 Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM

I recommend Maxi-Milk. On the company's website there is a testemonial that says this.........

Testemonial by Mrs Shmucker.....

" I took it soon after birth as my milk was always late to come in- up to 5 days. With Maxi-Milk it was in the next day! And lots of it!"

http://www.mountainmeadowherbs.com/m...4e87954723fd94
http://www.mountainmeadowherbs.com/c...4e87954723fd94

I have nothing to do with this company, but they are very high quality products and I buy their stuff.
#3 of 3 Old 07-07-2008, 07:57 PM

I drank a beer. It came in the next day!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page