What does/did your nipple thrush look/feel like? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2008, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
x-posted in Breastfeeding

Can anyone with experience with thrush please share what your nipple thrush did/does look and feel like? Is it on the protruding part of the nipple or areola or both? Red or white and flaky?

I've been having some itching, slight burning sensation on my nipples on and off for awhile. No severe pain in my breasts, but occasionally the slight burning sensation goes into the breast. On the protruding part of my nipple there is some redness but nothing on the areola. I thought I might have thrush, but am still not sure. I have unfortunately recently taken antibiotics. I was having pelvic area and side pain after baby was born, doc said to take med, dp and my sister were afraid I was going to die of some infection, so I took it. I did NOT know this could cause nipple thrush. I have been treating myself. I do not have health care for myself and really do not want to go to the doctor unless absolutely necessary. Baby's mouth appears fine. There is a very thin looking white coating to her tongue, but I'm thinking this is milk coating. Her bum was very red when this first started, though not raised and no bumps. This is much better now.

blogging.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2008, 02:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I had thrush on my breasts, it made my nipples (the protruding bits) bright pink like bubble gum almost. Tingly burning pain.

I took Diflucan and db had oral Nystatin to clear it up. Plus let your nipples air out as much as possible.

User Tag List