My son is 3 today and I've had thrush for three years - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2008, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been on a thrush-fighting diet for one week now and the yeast apparently is feeling no pain. If I miss taking at least 6 Caprylic acid capsules a day it come roaring back in all its glory. You'd think virtually no carbohydrates and no yeast sources plus CapryliCare from Whole Foods would have beat it into submission now, but no. I guess since it's surrounded by breast milk, it's got no problem.

I am determined that this is the year that I get rid of it.

I've tried Nystatin, Diflucan, gentian violet, GSE externally and internally and caprylic acid/pau d'arco/goldthread root, apple cider vinegar breast rinses, washing the laundry with vinegar, soaking my bra in a GSE rinse and painting my breast with kefir. I only wear a bra when I go out in public now and take it off immediately when I get home, because the more I wear one, the worse the thrush is. I also am taking Culturelle, though it's been hard recently to space it right between all the antifungals I'm taking.

I haven't had any smoked foods or cheese or nuts or mushrooms in the last three days. I have, however, had butter. Should I be cutting that out too? I don't drink any coffee or tea, am using no herbs, consume no alcohol. I'm down to eating pretty much nothing but meat, fish, eggs, Udo's oil and chicken broth. I've had spinach, too, but I'm afraid of ingesting enough carbohydrates to give the thrush more to work with.

Am I ever going to get rid of this monster before my son stops nursing???

How long do I have to wait between taking an antifungal and a probiotic?

Any and all help deeply appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2008, 08:20 PM

I have no experience with thrush, but I read on another board about a woman who had been treated for thrush for a very long time, trying everything with no success. It turned out it was actually a staph infection. Have you been tested for that?

Good luck!
Old 09-01-2008, 08:49 PM

Completely off topic but...

My son is 3 today as well!
(I also know 3 other kids born today. Crazzzyy.)

I've had the thrush monster for months, (not years, I can't Even imagine,) and big s:.
I ended up on diflucan for 2 months. That seemed to do it, but every time I eat a bowl of ice cream, I break out in hives, (allergic to yeast. No good.)
Old 09-01-2008, 10:30 PM

This is a little outside the box, but it worked for me...

The tanning bed... not joking. As many minutes as you can do without burning, every other day. Use APNO, vinegar rinses during the day (and all other methods you feel necessary.. laundry etc.)

Mine was only on the outside, so this is why it worked I think, but I was battling it for a couple of months.

At least you'd end up with a nice tan... ha ha!!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Hey, sun light kills thrush, is there any way you can walk around topless and get some sun light?
Old 09-01-2008, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Try taking Acidophilus tablets.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

I don't think it's staph because it is responsive to caprylic acid and GSE. If I slack on taking them, it comes roaring back with a vengeance.

I should try topless sunbathing tomorrow. My poor little boy is sick though, so that doesn't seem very likely. He's been vomiting all day.

It seems like it's mostly external though when it gets really itchy, I feel like ripping my nipple off.

I have been taking Culturelle, which is a probiotic.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liqzierda View Post
It seems like it's mostly external though when it gets really itchy, I feel like ripping my nipple off.
Sorry, no advise from me. But I definitely know what your going through...I had the most overwhelming urge to take a steak knife to my boob at dinner tonight. LOL!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

It's usually the middle of the night that's the worst. It wakes me up, either the itching or the pain.

User Tag List