anyone else having cramping? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 06-26-2006, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't remember having cramps when I was pg with my son..... but it's been a while, so maybe I did.

Is anyone else experiencing mild to moderate cramps? They are not too bad, but I'm still worrying....
#2 of 14 Old 06-26-2006, 10:19 AM

Yes, I have been off and on ever since I O'ed. And I also don't remember having this with my first pregnancy. I'm having cramps, a "heavy" feeling uterus, and backaches... I don't know what's up with all this, but I am just riding it out.

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#3 of 14 Old 06-26-2006, 11:51 AM

I know for a fact I've never had cramping during DD's pregnancy, and I have had it this time quite often. It's weird, because they feel like contracting, and not stretching. However, I am trying to take it as a normal pregnancy sign since I have read that so many other people experience it and that it's normal stretching. I had it all day long right after I got my , and then all day long a few days later, and now it is just occasional. I think I tend to get them when I'm really tired. So I try to take a break when I feel them coming on.
#4 of 14 Old 06-26-2006, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies! It's good to know it's not just me.... it's so hard to not worry about every little thing!
#5 of 14 Old 06-26-2006, 10:28 PM

I'm glad you posted about this because I was wondering the same question just tonight.

I am having a lot of cramping and don't remember having any last time. I've been trying not to worry about it, but sometimes it really is uncomfortable. Also, the backache is getting to me, too. I'm so surprised to be feeling this so early.
#6 of 14 Old 06-29-2006, 11:04 PM
kdf

I have cramping too. I as soon as it started I remember I had this with my ds so that is how I knew I was pg. Last pg I was in the hospital 4 days after I found out I was pg b/c of the crampy. That is awful so this time I am not worrying too much. I think that it might be normal for some of us.

Mama to Noah- 05, Eden - 07, Isabella -09 and Cade -11 

#7 of 14 Old 06-29-2006, 11:55 PM

I'm pretty darn crampy, but it's not quite like normal pre/menstrual cramps. I can't describe it, but it's different. Anyway, I always get cramps the day I start bleeding, so when I started cramping at 11pdo, about when I expected to start flowing, I figured that was that.

But then... I didn't start bleeding.

And I didn't start bleeding.

The third day with funny cramping, no bleeding, sore breasts, and at 13dpo for the first time since I started charting, I tested and got my The cramping has lessened since then, but still at least a couple times a day I need to breathe to get through the cramping. But it means I'm pregnant, so I love it!
#8 of 14 Old 06-30-2006, 12:45 AM

Yup here too. I think it gets worse each pg. It cause no end to the worrying :

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#9 of 14 Old 06-30-2006, 05:14 PM

Me too! Cramps on and off for over a week now. I didn't have them with DD either.

I have also felt some more sharp pains that feel like round ligament pain already. I remember that pain quite distinctly from last time, so I am pretty sure that is it.
#10 of 14 Old 07-02-2006, 10:25 PM

3rd pregnancy with menstrual-like cramps in the beginning (and middle and end.. I find pregnancy to be a crampy thing in general).
#11 of 14 Old 07-03-2006, 12:34 PM

Cramps have kind of died down for me now, but I get weird (not bad) twinges still.
#12 of 14 Old 07-03-2006, 02:15 PM

God, so glad to hear this is normal and a lot of you are experiencing it! I have low back cramps, and bloating. Had it for the past week. I wore a pair of fitted jeans for like two hours this morning and then finally switched to sweat pants, lol!
#13 of 14 Old 07-05-2006, 01:35 PM

yep, have 'em here too. But I had them when I was pg last time and went on to have a very healthy pg, and healthy boy, so I'm not worried. In fact, I have symptoms that resemble pms again; lower backaches, slight cramps, moodiness, weepiness.

it was the same last time around. I have twinges of nausea and dizziness too.
#14 of 14 Old 07-07-2006, 03:59 PM

Yes! That was my first pg symptom this time and last time.

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page