Pregnancy Tea..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 07-01-2006, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone.. My name is Tory and I'm preggo with my first child and I had a question about pregnancy tea. I heard it was good for preparing you for labor and good for the uterus.. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS TRIED IT!!! AND WHERE CAN YOU BUY IT?? Please let me know.. Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 07-01-2006, 12:56 AM

www.yogitea.com It is the BEST thing in the world!!! I was having headaches and nothing would get rid of them but the tea took them away immediatly. I really swear by the tea!! I get mine at my local Whole Foods.
Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#3 of 13 Old 07-01-2006, 04:04 PM

If you go to this site:

http://www.lunamay.com/herbfarm.html

and click on Sisters Herbals, there are a lot of teas, salves, etc. for those pregant and nursing. She's got some really effective stuff and grows it all herself on her land.

Also, I've used Traditional Medicinals and been pleased. I get that at out local health food store.
#4 of 13 Old 07-02-2006, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
If you go to this site:

http://www.lunamay.com/herbfarm.html

and click on Sisters Herbals, there are a lot of teas, salves, etc. for those pregant and nursing. She's got some really effective stuff and grows it all herself on her land.

Also, I've used Traditional Medicinals and been pleased. I get that at out local health food store.
I just went to a health food store today and bought 2 boxes of traditonal medicinals tea.. Thank both of u ladies for the advice..
#5 of 13 Old 07-02-2006, 10:21 PM

I drink Red Raspberry Leaf Tea for my pregnancies. 1 cup a day for 1st trimester, 2 cups a day for 2nd trimester, 3 cups a day for 3rd trimester. I have had two straightforward births. Was it the tea? Who knows?
#6 of 13 Old 07-10-2006, 08:04 PM

I like Yogi Mother-to-Be and Traditional Medicinals Pregnancy Tea. Towards the end of my pregnancy, I will drink Red Raspberry Leaf tea to stregthen my uterus. I buy them at Whole Foods or my local health food store.
#7 of 13 Old 07-10-2006, 08:10 PM

I have tried yogi and traditonal medicinals tea. I prefer yogi because i think it tastes better but both are great and are usually available at any grocery store.
#8 of 13 Old 07-10-2006, 08:26 PM

I used the preconception tea from www.herblore.com, and once that's gone I'll probably order her pregnancy tea (same thing as far as I can tell, only without Red Clover).

I like the taste of the preconception tea, and I like brewing it from loose leaf, and I really like that it's all either organic or wildcrafted.
#9 of 13 Old 07-11-2006, 12:26 AM

This may be redundant from other threads, but anyone worried about uterine tonics so early in the 1st trimester. I have heard for years that red rasberry leaf is an excellent tonic throughout pregnancy, but something has always felt intuitivly wrong about toning an early pregnant uterus. Does it cause contractions? I know that ctx are not bad and happen spontaneously all the time. I just can't wrap my head around purposly contracting the uterus at this point. Am I being ridiculous?
-Elizabeth
#10 of 13 Old 07-11-2006, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetastesgood
I drink Red Raspberry Leaf Tea for my pregnancies. 1 cup a day for 1st trimester, 2 cups a day for 2nd trimester, 3 cups a day for 3rd trimester. I have had two straightforward births. Was it the tea? Who knows?
I also drank this tea in my late pregnancy with dd, and my labor was great, just complicated by the epidural which I hope NOT to repeat this time!
#11 of 13 Old 07-11-2006, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethmidwife
This may be redundant from other threads, but anyone worried about uterine tonics so early in the 1st trimester. I have heard for years that red rasberry leaf is an excellent tonic throughout pregnancy, but something has always felt intuitivly wrong about toning an early pregnant uterus. Does it cause contractions? I know that ctx are not bad and happen spontaneously all the time. I just can't wrap my head around purposly contracting the uterus at this point. Am I being ridiculous?
-Elizabeth
It's such a mild tonic that no, not really. I can't remember where I read it - Varney's, maybe? don't have my books with me (have I mentioned how much that's driving me crazy?) - but it said "braxton-hicks" contractions actually begin around 6 weeks, we just can't really feel them then.

If we have any studies even suggesting an increase in miscarriage with RRL tea usage, then I'd be worried. But we don't, that I know of.
#12 of 13 Old 07-11-2006, 10:44 AM

I am a fan of red raspberry leaf tea. I used it with my dd and I think that it really helped my pregnancy and birthing experience, expecially recovery after birth. I have been drinking it since ttc and I plan on continuing. I just replaced my iced tea with it to drink on a regular basis and then hot tea ocassionally. I'm actually drinking it now

Unschooling Mommy of 3: Lilith (14), Panda (6), and Fox (4)
#13 of 13 Old 07-11-2006, 03:59 PM

I have done RRL 1 cup a day in 1st trimester, 2 in 2nd trimester, and 3 per day in 3rd... I like the way it tastes with cream & sugar...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page