Hi there - new and shell-shocked! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-01-2006, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

My name is Jo and I just found out yesterday morning that I am pregnant - a HUGE surprise!!! I have a 16 month old daughter, and both of us have been sick this past month (me with Strep and her with Roseola), so time in the sack with DH has been VERY limited! We're always careful to use protection too, so this is my 'little miracle baby'!!! Yesterday morning I realized I was 5 days late (never late), so I went upstairs and took an old (an expired) test - well, it came up positive immediately - I was in total shock! I ran to the safeway, picked up a new test, and half an hour later I had another BFP. My due date is March 5th from my calculations.
I've spent the last 24 hours mentally acknowledging the fact that I'm pregnant! DH is super excited which is awesome.
I am 28, and am currently writing up my PhD thesis (mol. genetics) - I will graduate in December, so the timing has actually worked out pretty well We were definately planning on having a second child, but were thinking of waiting until DD was 3 or 4. This was obviously 'meant to be' though - so here's to 8 months happy pregnancy!
The first trimester of my last pregnancy was aweful - I was really sick and tired all the time. I have virtually no symptoms so far... so here's hoping I have an easier time this time around!

Congrats to all the new March M2Bs!!!
#2 of 5 Old 07-01-2006, 10:04 PM

Congratulations Jo! And too! I know just what you mean about trying to wrap your head around the idea of being pregnant - I'm in the same place. Isn't it funny how these little people come into our lives just when they want to?
#3 of 5 Old 07-01-2006, 10:09 PM

Jo!

I think you're doing better than me - it's been almost a week, and I still have said "I'm pregnant" maybe half a dozen times. Each time in a shocky, surprised voice!

Congrats, and looking forward to getting to know you!
#4 of 5 Old 07-04-2006, 02:16 AM

Mine's a surprise too; although we were more careless than you, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

Dh doesn't actually know yet -- I'm still in shock as we were planning to wait at least 2 more years *if* we had more, and dh's vote was no at this point. I was very firmly in the "maybe" camp...I guess it's out of our hands now, huh! Wish me luck telling him...

Welcome to mothering, Jo!
#5 of 5 Old 07-04-2006, 04:50 PM

Congratulations, Jo! And good luck to you, cinnamonamon. I wish you all many blessings!

I am still in shock, too. Sometimes I feel like a bad mommy because I don't feel that connected to this baby yet. My whole world has been revolving around my DS#1. I was sooooooo overjoyed when I got pg with him. And now that I'm pregnant with #2, I'm happy, but it's just so different. Anyone else feel like this?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page