Anybody else planning to lie about dates to your provider? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 07-02-2006, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if I'm alone in this...

I was born 2 weeks "late". DD was born 2 weeks "late". Obviously we just cook longer in my family. But I'm over the pressure, the non-stress tests, the drama. I also know when I ovulated - but they never care. they base your due date off your last period, and they won't change it unless your ultrasound shows more than a week's different

I had pretty crunchy midwives, but they still had a routine for what happens when you're late, and I don't want a repeat. She'll come when she's ready.

So, to head off the assault, I'm deciding whether I'll say I have no recollection of my last period, or making it come 3-4 days later. If I can't provide a date, they'll go off an ultrasound - which for my DD was much closer to when she actually came...

Any others?
#2 of 16 Old 07-02-2006, 10:07 PM

Well in my case I don't consider it "lying" per se, more like correcting the LMP to match up with the actual date of ovulation. In fact, I am doing them a favor by doing so because it gives them more accurate information and saves them the hassle of having to experience a paradigm shift by learning that *gasp* women actually know a little bit about their own bodies!
No, so I ovulated on CD19, so I am adding 5 days to my LMP so that we can all be on the same page (because, after all, if I give them my real LMP that is inaccurate information- they are going to think I am 5 days more pregnant than I really am).
I am going with midwives as well, but its just easier for everyone if I just correct the LMP to reflect actual date of ovulation, rather then having to explain "no, see I ovulated late..."
#3 of 16 Old 07-03-2006, 07:15 AM

oh yeah I'm adding an extra week on
my son was 9 days late
caucasion women usually gestate for 42 weeks, not 40

Erin Mama to thing 1 and 2 WAH with CELIAC?! Living and Learning
#4 of 16 Old 07-03-2006, 10:21 AM

I will make some "adjustments" where my due date is concerned...I hate due dates.
#5 of 16 Old 07-03-2006, 10:13 PM

I will be adjusting as well. As soon as I got my I was trying to decide what to do about this. I posted for advice in the VBAC board here. I got quite a range of advice! In an ideal world, I could be completely honest, but avoiding another c/s is too important for me not to hedge my bets on this one!

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#6 of 16 Old 07-04-2006, 07:27 PM

I hate the due dates as well. Like the pp said, I started thinking about this as soon as I got my BFP. My LMP was the 19 of May, (which would put me around Feb 23, although I know exactly when I ovulated, which was the 6th of June. I still can't find any online due-date predictors that go by ovulation date instead of LMP, but then again I'm not looking very hard and I'm planning on saying it was a week later or so. My DD was a week late, and I was so tired of hearing from everybody and thier dog, "When are you due? When are you going to have that baby? You better get induced soon or it will never come out...." blah blah blah. I'm probably due towards the end of February, but I'm telling everyone (including myself and my husband that I'm due "early March." I'm not giving any numbers ;0

CPST & mom

#7 of 16 Old 07-04-2006, 11:05 PM

:

I'm in the tww, so have been lurking in here. If I am pregnant : , my due date would be March 23, based on O'ing on CD26!

The website for one of the local midwives has a due date calculator which you can select to calculate based on date of conception: http://floridamidwife.com/calculator.html
#8 of 16 Old 07-05-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora
I hate the due dates as well. Like the pp said, I started thinking about this as soon as I got my BFP. My LMP was the 19 of May, (which would put me around Feb 23, although I know exactly when I ovulated, which was the 6th of June. I still can't find any online due-date predictors that go by ovulation date instead of LMP, but then again I'm not looking very hard and I'm planning on saying it was a week later or so. My DD was a week late, and I was so tired of hearing from everybody and thier dog, "When are you due? When are you going to have that baby? You better get induced soon or it will never come out...." blah blah blah. I'm probably due towards the end of February, but I'm telling everyone (including myself and my husband that I'm due "early March." I'm not giving any numbers ;0
popping in from january but I just wanted to give you an awesome link for finding your due date based on ovulation or lmp. http://www.ivf.ca/calcu.htm

Best of luck!
#9 of 16 Old 07-05-2006, 04:48 PM

Hm, I'm shooting for a VBAC, so I'm thinking about taking the Ollie North approach: "I have no recollection of my LMP." My LMPs and O date are nice and textbook, but I don't want to offer any information that will work against me. I done learned my lesson last time, I guess you could say.
#10 of 16 Old 07-05-2006, 07:35 PM

Planning on lying. I carried my DD until 42 weeks when the medical personnel freaked out and managed to talk me into a bunch of crap that went sideways and ended in 4 days of induction followed by a c-section.

I might end up in a c-section again if I am in the same position (42+ weeks and no dialation and no drop) but not because my medical providers push me there.

I am thinking of lying by at least 5 days. I'm concerned that they will be able to tell if I push it further than that.
#11 of 16 Old 07-06-2006, 09:48 AM

I'm not planning on lying (for one thing, I actually O'd on day 14!!! ), but I am planning on interviewing midwives with an eye toward probably going long. I, however, am blessed with living in Portland, OR, where there are literally dozens of homebirth midwives, so I'm reasonably sure I'll be able to find someone who will be comfortable with a potentially 10-month-mama (and I'm not doing ultrasound for dating! Screw dates. I'm due in March! February would be fine too, though.).

Good luck to you all. I hate that there are so many providers who distrust women and birth! s
#12 of 16 Old 07-06-2006, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongoblue
Hm, I'm shooting for a VBAC, so I'm thinking about taking the Ollie North approach: "I have no recollection of my LMP." My LMPs and O date are nice and textbook, but I don't want to offer any information that will work against me. I done learned my lesson last time, I guess you could say.

:
#13 of 16 Old 07-07-2006, 09:14 AM

I am also not going to say when I had my last period, just give them the O date.

Even with my midwives, they INSISTED by going by the LMP, even though I knew my O date and the u/s even confirmed it. I O'd early that month, though, so I didn't care.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#14 of 16 Old 07-07-2006, 03:55 PM

Last time I was pg I told the ob (honestly) that I didn't remember the date of my last af, but I gave her the date that I O'd and she went along with it.

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#15 of 16 Old 07-09-2006, 10:52 PM

Last time, I took my 11 months of charts to my (medical) midwife. She understood them, but still did an early u/s for "official" dating (which agreed with o-date within 2 days). This time, I O'd on CD28!! So I haven't decided how to handle it yet. I could take her my chart, but I don't want to have any marks against me, again, when it comes to the VBAC fight. I think I'm going to tell them when I ovulated, and let them figure out LMP based on the stupid wheel if they think they want to. I know I'm due mid-March, and that's good enough.

Dr-Mom and SAHD extraordinnaire. DD1 (5), DD2 (3), MMC 04/10.
#16 of 16 Old 07-14-2006, 05:45 PM

Fortunately, I don't have to lie - my MW doesn't believe in any forms of induction and will take me to 43 weeks Thankfully I have never gone that far!
I am 'due' on the 20th and plan on telling most folks the 25th just so I don't have people bugging me

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page