PALS in the house! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 317 Old 07-31-2006, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aw geez, now y'all have me worried about the lull of symptoms the last few days...

pokes breast Well, that still hurts like ****. So that's good, right?

Oh yea, and the CONSTANT HUNGER! I swear, I never would have thought that hunger would be in the top three annoyances of the first trimester for me. Some days it's number one, I swear. :

Oh, and I'm pretty sure my mom would say the worry never REALLY goes away. You should have heard her when I broached the topic of homebirth with her (heck, before that even freestanding birth center!) a few years ago. Oh, and then she said to us the other day "You are going to vaccinate my grandchild, right??" and had practically a panic attack when we said "probably not". She's still definitely worried about her genetic legacy.

We're still waiting for movement or a heartbeat over here - not having had a late term loss, I think that'll be when I feel better. (Speaking of, DP asked me the other day when the heartbeat could be heard by fetoscope "about 16-20 weeks, probably on the higher end because of my weight". "...And when by doppler?" "12-16, usually 12." Pause. "I see why people use doppler. Not that I'm saying we should. But I get it now." )
#182 of 317 Old 07-31-2006, 11:21 PM

I saw my little sweetpea today. Nice heartbeat of 165 bpm and measured perfectly for gestational age. I can't stop looking at the picture
#183 of 317 Old 07-31-2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceE&LsMom
I saw my little sweetpea today. Nice heartbeat of 165 bpm and measured perfectly for gestational age. I can't stop looking at the picture
That's great hun!

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#184 of 317 Old 07-31-2006, 11:51 PM

PrinceE&LsMom--- Congrats on your baby's heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!

: Jen!

Arwyn, I've also had a slight decrease in symptoms today. But for you at almost 9 weeks, that's normal, isn't it? I'm personally trying to have a "whatever will be, will be...." attitude about it. Sure is easier said than done!

BTW, are you all counting your # weeks from the date of your LMP? That's what most people do, right?

So lots of you are flying. I'll probably worry about that less then. And (knock on wood) I'll be in my second trimester before I need to make the 1st trip. But what did you all do about the metal detectors?

JennyClaire

Jenny, reading & writing mama of dd(18), ds(6), and ds(3)
#185 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 12:04 AM

Yea, I've given in to the standard LMP junk - it helps that for probably the first time in my life, I O'd on CD14. I still won't say "I'm 9 weeks pregnant" because that'd just be a LIE, but I will say "I'm at 9 weeks" because that's the timeline everyone knows about.

My conceptus is approximately 7 weeks old. I have been pregnant for about 6 weeks. I've known about it for 5 weeks.

On the symptoms note, I was browsing the pregnancy books at Powell's today (I'm an aspiring midwife, I ALWAYS check out the pregnancy and birth books, and sometimes find a total gem - and I always get a chance to cover up the WTE crap ), and one of the books I cracked open said "9 weeks - this is when your morning sickness and exhaustion will be at their worst" and I was like, um... 'kay... no, but whatever.
#186 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
one of the books I cracked open said "9 weeks - this is when your morning sickness and exhaustion will be at their worst" and I was like, um... 'kay... no, but whatever.

I think then that "I'm at 6 weeks."

I don't know when I O'ed exactly, but AF was due 7/16, so I subtracted 14 days from that to get a conception date -- because I have no idea how long my LP is and that's supposed to be average, then subtracted 2 weeks from that to get my LMP. I can't use my actual LMP, because my cycles are 32 days instead of 28. Or I guess I could, but just add 4 days so the midwife/doctor (no, I still don't have one) doesn't get confused. Seem reasonable?
:

Jenny, reading & writing mama of dd(18), ds(6), and ds(3)
#187 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 01:31 AM

I sort of had a loss of symptoms too. Today and yesterday I actually felt pretty darn good- after a week of feeling lethargic and exhausted. (I don't remember being that tired with my first pregnancy..?) Still nauseas and irritable, but definitely not as tired. A very good thing, but also a little freaky. Nothing I can do about it but wait, I suppose...
Celesterra- I m/c at 10 weeks. I had absolutely NO symptoms with that pg (blighted ovum). I had a feeling from the very beginning that something just wasn't right (everyone just told me to enjoy a symptom-free pregnancy). With this pregnancy I definitely have symptoms, but they are very different from when I had my son. I'm sick but not as sick as I was last time. I remember hanging my head over the toilet sick as can be, thinking "Woman do this to have children??? WHY?!?" There was no relief it seemed. I couldn't even watch food commercials because it made me so sick. With this pg I have been queasy but if I force myself to eat something I usually feel better. (I am thinking God is having mercy on me because this time around I have four kids to take care of?) I was tired last time but I worked full-time and it didn't seem so bad. This time I have felt completely and utterly exhausted, even after a full night's sleep. Sore boobs and irritability seem to be the only common symptoms so far. So, anyway... I guess my point is that you are probably still pregnant if you are still having symptoms. And if you're not still having symptoms, don't panic because every pregnancy is different. Hang in there- you will know for sure very soon, and it'll be worth the wait.
Sticky baby dust for all from The Good Fairy...

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#188 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 12:58 PM

My last pregnancy that I lost at 12 weeks 2 days was by far my worst pregnancy. The nausea and exhaustion were so intense I could barely function. Just getting the kids up and ready for school was a major challenge then I was a lump on the couch the rest of the day. I thought that meant it was a healthy pregnancy but guess it meant something was not right. This pregnancy so far is great. I have very mild nausea and that is it. I'm starting to get weird about food and grossed out at a Quizno's commercial last night lol. I did read somewhere that the lower your progesterone levels the sicker you are?? Not sure if it is true but in this pregnancy I am on progesterone supplements and it has been the easiest one so far.
#189 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 01:49 PM

PrinceE&LsMom, -- that sounds like a very difficult experience. I'm so glad your pregnancy is going great this time around!!
#190 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 01:52 PM

Regarding missed miscarriages, in most cases there will be a complete loss of all symptoms, or there were never any symptoms to begin with. (Having no symptoms can be totally normal too! Losing some symptoms can be totally normal too!)

On the opposite spectrum, pregnancies that have a great deal of severe nausea or hyperemesis might need to be checked out to rule out a molar pregnancy. (Having a lot of nausea can be totally normal too!)

I think if someone has any symptoms at all, and they are not having painful cramps with lots of bleeding, then statistics are in their favor that the pregnancy is going well. After the first trimester, although symptoms will typically fade, the uterus is big enough to be felt and its growth can be monitored.
#191 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyClaire

I think then that "I'm at 6 weeks."

I don't know when I O'ed exactly, but AF was due 7/16, so I subtracted 14 days from that to get a conception date -- because I have no idea how long my LP is and that's supposed to be average, then subtracted 2 weeks from that to get my LMP. I can't use my actual LMP, because my cycles are 32 days instead of 28. Or I guess I could, but just add 4 days so the midwife/doctor (no, I still don't have one) doesn't get confused. Seem reasonable?
:
I think that sounds reasonable. If I calculated it right, then it wouldn't matter if you give them your actual LMP and have them adjust for 32 day cycles, or if you give them an "adjusted" LMP and tell them you have 28 day cycles. (Both give you EDD of Mar 25, I think.) If I were you, I would give them the adjusted LMP (the later one) so that way you don't have to worry about it if they don't adjust for the longer cycles. (So, yes, just add 4 days to your last LMP.)
#192 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 02:58 PM

I'm feeling a bit crampy today which is making me nervous. I could use some sticky vibes ladies!

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#193 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 03:21 PM

#194 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 03:48 PM

Kate ~ ~ Stick baby stick! Grow baby grow!
#195 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 04:16 PM

hi guys! thank you so much for posting about your experiences and feelings about the issue. i really appreciate your input.

i've been in all these peaks and valleys the past 6 weeks since BFP, when i wish i could just be pregnant, you know? some days my "symptoms" are so subtle, i wonder if it's all in my head. at other times, i feel like it couldn't be imagined, i feel so tired or crummy.

anyway, i am thankful for this thread. without it, i am sure i wouldn't be posting on this ddc at all. ttc was so much to endure for so long, and many days i still feel like this is part of ttc. maybe i won't believe i'm pregnant until i have a baby in my arms.

i'll catch up with you more in the days to come.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#196 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianojazzgirl
I'm feeling a bit crampy today which is making me nervous. I could use some sticky vibes ladies!
Kate, thinking of you! Hopefully the cramps are just the next growth spurt of your little squirt in there!

:

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#197 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 09:58 PM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<STICKY VIBES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> for Pianojazzgirl!! Come on little one we are rooting for you!!!

Celesterra I am so glad this thread is here too. It is very reassuring and just great to be able to talk about our fears/losses. Sometimes I wonder why I am doing this again even though there is nothing in the world I want more then another child.
#198 of 317 Old 08-01-2006, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianojazzgirl
I'll give you all the sticky vibes in the world mama!

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
#199 of 317 Old 08-02-2006, 02:07 PM

Hey Kate, how are you doing today? I'm thinking of you!

I'm feeling a little anxious. Today marks 8 weeks for me - the farthest I have ever come in pregnancy. The spotting is still gone. Do you think I can take that safely as a good sign? I can't say that I'm overly symptomatic, but they come and go like so many others have expressed. I can't say that I have nausea as much as just a general yucky feeling.

Anyway, I wanted to get this out of my head. sorry to always come in with my nervousness... I can't wait until my 10w u/s so I can start embracing this whole experience. 2 weeks from today.

I've heard that there are some good guided meditations and affirmation CDs for pregnancy, including stuff for each trimester. Do any of you know of these? For now I am using the affirmation from Beautiful, Bountiful, Blissful (or whatever order that's in) that was written for a first tri mama who'd had 2 m/cs: I am Happy, I am Healthy, I am Holy. It was good in the beginning, but I need something new.

#200 of 317 Old 08-03-2006, 01:49 PM

Celeste, I would certainly take that as a good sign!! By the way, a general yucky feeling DEFINITELY counts as a pregnancy symptom!
#201 of 317 Old 08-03-2006, 02:14 PM

thanks!

how's everyone else doing? :

#202 of 317 Old 08-04-2006, 01:45 AM

I'm already getting worried about preterm labor. I ran around so much today doing the usual tasks required of a mother of four, and I got crampy and tired afterward. I just can't imagine what I will do if I am prescribed "bed rest" this time around. (I had PTL from 29 wks, with meds and "bed rest", until DS was born at 36 weeks.) I need to get a cattle prod to get DH up and helping. :

I am appreciative of how friendly and supportive this tribe is also. Thanks for letting me unload my nervous energy here...

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#203 of 317 Old 08-04-2006, 11:55 AM

December, you must be totally wiped, chasing around so many kidlets! I hope you get to exert some influence on your schedule (and your dh) so that you can get more rest!!

As for me, I'm happy to report that I had to make some major adjustments to my bra this morning - I needed to let out more than an inch on both straps to make room for the growing girls below!

#204 of 317 Old 08-05-2006, 12:21 AM

Yes, we are busy here. I have 3 foster daughters (2,3, and 10), and one son of my own (3).

: Woo hoo, Celesterra!!! Big boobs are definitely a good sign of pregnancy! :

#205 of 317 Old 08-05-2006, 03:33 PM

Oh my gosh Leah, you sound busy! I am so embarrassed that I only have one and I can barely keep up. I hope you are able to get some much needed rest!!!

Celeste, that's great news! It's my favorite pregnancy symptom!

Kate, are you feeling better?

Be, hope all is going well with those shots!

Paisley, we haven't heard from you in a while -- all ok?

Arwyn, you've been quiet too but I think it's because of the baby-wearing conference. You'll have to tell us how it went!
#206 of 317 Old 08-05-2006, 08:54 PM

Hi mamas! Thank you so much for all your sticky vibes, and sorry I didn't update right away. We left for our trip to my parent's place just after I wrote that (a loooong trek). The cramping stopped - yay! Looks like the sticky vibes worked!

#207 of 317 Old 08-05-2006, 09:43 PM

We're off for a week of camping. Still a bit of packing to do, thankfully we don't hit the road until tomorrow am.

Lots of love to everyone. . .I'll catch up with all next week

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#208 of 317 Old 08-06-2006, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all! I'm still here, just been sort of tired and in more of a reading than writing sort of mood lately.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Be, I'm jealous of your camping trip! Ours isn't slated until later this fall (when all the darn tourists go home!).

So I had a bit of a scare earlier this week. Woke up with pain in my lower right abdomen that wouldn't go away and naturally started thinking the worst. Finally got a hold of the mw that afternoon and she started asking me a bunch of questions - shoulder pain? constipated? sharp pain? UTI symptoms? and so on. I kept answering no until she came to the last question - when did you last have intercourse? That would have been the night before. People, I pulled a friggin hip muscle or something having sex. Omg, I felt so silly. I mean, better to be embarrassed then to have something go terribly wrong, for sure. But jeez. She was really sweet about it though and now I have a fabulous excuse for dh when I don't want to!

Love and sticky vibes all around!
#209 of 317 Old 08-06-2006, 05:53 PM

paisley, i'm glad that everything turns out to be fine! sounds like quite a few of us are getting into trouble from bedroom activity...

i'm the latest victim. i wish i could laugh about it, but i'm not there yet. we didn't even have sex... just made each of us... happy... however, about 12 hours later and continuing until today i have been spotting red and some small clots... and my lower pelvis is sore. maybe crampy, but only mildly so. we've opted to wait it out - again - since an u/s might exacerbate the bleeding.

i do feel encouraged by women who continue to post in here about situations similar to mine.. sometimes it's harder to be hopeful though...

#210 of 317 Old 08-06-2006, 06:02 PM

Celeste -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page