Weekly Thread: July 2nd - 9th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 60 Old 07-08-2006, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, I'm so glad to be here. I was in the Nov 2006 ddc but then had a mc in April Now I'm due March 18

What kind of birth are you planning? I'm pretty sure I'll try for a VBAC in a hospital. I admit to being a little scared though.

If you've had previous pregnancies, did you have an uneventful pregnancy before this? I had a totally uneventful pg right until the very end. About 2 wks before she was due I noticed that Djuna hadn't moved in a long time. I went into the hospital and she was in serious fetal distress. They immediately sent me for a c-section. Apparently it was the worst case of fetal distress they had ever seen (with a positive outcome). They have no idea what caused it. I am so terrified that whatever happened then will happen again.

ARe you hoping for a girl or a boy? I'll say girl - just cause I have one and it's what I know, lol.

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#32 of 60 Old 07-08-2006, 12:25 PM

Arwyn,
old blood = old problem. You baby is probably just growing out of your endometrium... When it first burrows down it buries itself deep in your lining. Around weeks 5-6, as it grows it comes out of the lining again and can slough off old endometrium. If its light and dark or brown, even with small bits of tissue, its probably due to this. If it gets heavier or bright red, then you are allowed to be nervous.
FWIW I have experienced this with all of my pregnancies.
#33 of 60 Old 07-08-2006, 01:13 PM

Thanks so much Carrie! That's exactly the kind of thing I wanted/needed to hear. I know intellectually it shouldn't be a problem, but I need reassurances from BTDT people to calm the not-intellectual part of me.
#34 of 60 Old 07-08-2006, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
pianojazzgirl, I was in the Nov DDC too, I remember you from there. I also miscarried in April and now I'm pg again, due mid-March -- actually, the first online due date calculator thing that I did said March 18 Congrats!

Arwyn, I have also had some spotting... a bit of brown, and then a teeny bit of pink-tinged mucous. I know it's hard not to worry.

coffeetastesgood, I know you were answering Arwyn, but it makes me feel better, too, so thanks!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#35 of 60 Old 07-08-2006, 04:44 PM

Hi Brisen I remember you! Congrats to you too!

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#36 of 60 Old 07-08-2006, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Is anyone showing yet? I'm only four weeks along, but geez, i'm either really bloated or starting to show already! I've got a cute little round belly sticking out front.
This is my second baby, so maybe thats why. I didnt show until close to 15 weeks the first time around.
#37 of 60 Old 07-08-2006, 06:41 PM

i remember that 'full' feeling when i had gotten pg with my last a couple months ago! my ob said it was from your intestines expanding to help absorb more nutrients for the babe

i'm actually feeling good today! i went from nauseated to the point of not wanting to move yesterday, to literally famished today!! i'm even having dreams about food
#38 of 60 Old 07-08-2006, 08:27 PM

I'm interested in homebirth (thanks to a homebirthing friend ), but live in a small town with no midwives (other than my nurse midwife who works at the hospital). I could drive an hour or two to a birthing center, but I have a very strong feeling that this baby will come FAST. I had a natural hospital birth (isn't that an oxy-moron? ) with DS, and a fairly good experience (very supportive nurses, 8 total hours of labor, lots of family around), so I guess that's my only option at this point. This time around, though, I'm getting in the tub--there's only one at the hospital and it was occupied last time.

We're hoping for a boy. I figure it will be easier because we have boy clothes, we have boy diaper covers, and they can share a room. Plus, in my heart, I've always known I would have two boys, fairly close in age.
#39 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 12:31 AM

I am sick sick sick. All day nausea and so tired and cranky. (Maybe my "advanced maternal age" = 39) but I am a nightmare and I feel like crap. I do like my dreams though.

I am so eager for first trimester to be over...I have great hope that it will get easier...
#40 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 01:41 AM

Thanks for setting up this thread, Shalena!

Let's see, I had an all-natural hospital birth center birth attended by a CNM with ds but I'm really looking forward to a home waterbirth this time. We only plan to have 2 kids so I want to really experience everything I can this time around.

I think there was another question but I forgot it already. Is it too early to claim pregnancy brain?

In other news, I went to the zoo yesterday with ds and am now able to bring you all this important announcement:
The zoo is very stinky. Therefore, the zoo is not the best place for pregnant women with sensitive noses. Especially when it's hot out and the penguins just got fed.
#41 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 01:46 AM

Definitely not too early for pregnancy brain!

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Cynthia. Hope it gets better for you soon.
#42 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisley
The zoo is very stinky. Therefore, the zoo is not the best place for pregnant women with sensitive noses. Especially when it's hot out and the penguins just got fed.
EEK! I'm going to the zoo on the 21st with my son's preschool camp. I don't HAVE to go, but parents are welcome, and I don't really trust those camp counselors to keep track of all those kids without help (especially my runner), so I plan on going. Maybe I'll bring some ginger snacks along...

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#43 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 10:22 AM

Anyone else having a helluva time sleeping? I keep waking up in the early morning hours, and then I can't get back to sleep until right before I have to wake up for the day. :yawning:
I'm trying to put off taking Calms Forte to keep me asleep, just because I'm worried that it'll somehow not be as safe as it's supposed to be. But, I need to get a good night's sleep soon!

#44 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 11:11 AM

Cynthia - For the nausea - other than keepingyour blood sugar up by snacking regularly (including right before bed) and trying to snack on high-protein things that will stick with you, Nausea is also related to needing B vitamins. You can ask for a prescription for Premisis (sp), a prenatal vitamin with extra B that's intended to reduce nausea, or just supplement your B vits. Although I Don't know the recommended quantity of B and exactly which of the b's you need. But htere are other folks in this DDC who've mentioned taking B supps - track them down!

Debi - I'm waking up and having a hard time to get back to sleep. If I go pee, it seems to help me get back to sleep, even if I don't feel like I need to pee.

Anybody else feeling a bit, ahem, frisky? With my first pg, I was fairly uninterested in DTD for the entire first trimester - but then discovered pretty intense orgasms in the second and third. But this time, let's just say it's a different story and DH is luuuuving it....
#45 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 11:38 AM

I feel a bit frisky, but my partner is doing all-day courses for a couple of weeks, and is gone from 6:30am-11:30pm. So, I have to satisfy myself.

#46 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusdebi
Anyone else having a helluva time sleeping? I keep waking up in the early morning hours, and then I can't get back to sleep until right before I have to wake up for the day. :yawning:
Yes, I'm right there with you! And dd has been waking up extra early these days.

#47 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
yep! i go to bed late, and wake up at 6am...i'm still getting about 6-7hrs of sleep, but compared to the usual 8-9 it doesn't feel like much...i usually get up and get dh on his way to work and then go back to sleep for a couple hours, but i can't go back to sleep lately...

yo becca- that makes sense about the b-vit and nausea, b/c i had horrid nausea and took a b-complex vit and it went away quick! i also attract mosquito's horridly and was told by my doc that it was a deficciency of b vit that attracted em so bad :
#48 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 12:03 PM

hi everybody,
i'm going to join you all here even though i'm quite nervous that this pregnancy won't last. i have had 2 healthy full term pregnancies- noah is 4 (5 in Nov) and lilah is 21 mos (2 in Oct). then i miscarried my third in mid-march of this year- i was 8.5 weeks along. i just tested + yesterday but the tests are very very light and i am very very nervous. so we'll see.

with noah i had traditional ob care and he was born in the hospital- induced, 4th degree tear. he and i were both fine but i vowed never to do that again. lilah was born at home with a cnm and it was wonderful. it was just what i needed and was so healing and empowering for me after noah's birth. this time i plan to have another homebirth with the same midwife.

does anybody else's pelvic region feel bubbly? it is the strangest feeling. i don't know that i've ever had it before. i'm hoping it's my ovaries working hard to get enough progesterone in there to support my tiny babe. in fact, i am quite nervous about my progesterone levels and am calling the ob first thing in the morning to have them and my hcg levels checked.

well both my littles are needing my attention so off i go.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#49 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yes! I can't sleep at all in the early morning. I toss and turn and just exhaust myself. :
#50 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 02:19 PM

Hi Chrissy!!! I'm so thrilled to see you here and so, so, SO hoping you get to stay! : : : :

My pelvic bowl has been doing some awfully weird things for a while now! It's kinda cool actually. I get cramps, but not like premenstrual cramps, and it's kinda painful if I twist my torso the wrong way, and everything just feels weird and stretchy and SO COOL!

May your stay be very long and amazingly sweet. Let us know how the doctor's visit goes!
#51 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not feeling pregnant. I'm tired, but i'm often tired. I can't remember when I got nausea last time around.

I want this baby to stick, and i'm scared.
#52 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 06:04 PM

shalena i can totally relate. i have been saying affirmations to myself all weekend, and dh has seen me shed a few tears about it. i feel less symptomatic than i did a few days ago, even though my betas were right on target.

:

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#53 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalena
I'm not feeling pregnant. I'm tired, but i'm often tired. I can't remember when I got nausea last time around.

I want this baby to stick, and i'm scared.
right there with ya mama i had bad nausea not a couple days ago and now its all gone i can't wait till this first trimester is over!

#54 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 06:42 PM

I went through a few days where my breasts basically stopped being sore, no cramping, started spotting... It sucked. It really, really sucked.

But I'm still here, breasts are bigger than ever, and the nausea has finally kicked in, so there's still hope for all of us!

#55 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 10:47 PM

CHRISSY!!! So glad to see you here and hope it's super sticky babe!!

I think it's totally normal for symptoms to fade! It happened to me with my first pg - enough symptoms to "feel pg", then nothing for a few weeks. THen I started puking my brains out. I know a few other women with the same thing. Don't let it stress you out too much! Hugs to all who are worrying.
#56 of 60 Old 07-09-2006, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't mean my symptoms had faded, when i said the last time around i meant my pregnancy with my son. So far I've gotten no symptoms. The only reason I know i'm pregnant is because I chart.
#57 of 60 Old 07-10-2006, 12:07 AM

I will definately try the B vitamins. I have noticed that I feel especially disgusting after eating anything sweet. I upped the protein today too and feel less crappy than yesterday.

I am scared of getting gestational diabetes (especially if it doesn't go away post-delivery). No more sugar for me for the next 8 months...no, make that over a year. With my first, I noticed that she was super-sensitive to my diet and sugar was out unless I wanted an unhappy infant.

Frisky? I can barely stand to be touched...

(Okay, sometimes in the morning after one of those good dreams, I can stand it!
#58 of 60 Old 07-10-2006, 12:13 AM

Are ya'll reading the prenatals thread too? Everyone seems to be talking about B vitamins, lol.
#59 of 60 Old 07-10-2006, 01:23 PM

#60 of 60 Old 07-10-2006, 05:50 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Mothering and am about 5 weeks pregnant with my third pregnancy. I have a 3 1/2 year old boy whom I delivered vaginally (at 10 lb, 6 oz) and year-old twins, born at 38 weeks via c-section at 8 pounds and 7 pounds respectively.

We will probably remain with our regular OB for this delivery - his care is fabulous and the hospital is absolutely wonderful.

So far, I am feeling not too bad, except for some smell aversion, fatigue and what I like to call "woozyness".

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

Anne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page