SO excited to breastfeed! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-08-2006, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else currently not nursing and can't wait?

My dd was mistakenly weaned early at 10months because we didn't properly deal with a nursing strike. She was on Enfamil after failure to relacatate (my heart wasn't in it, I was so depressed). She started having lots of gut problems with the formula and has been on goat's milk (straight, not formula, she is 18mo) for the last month and a half.

After going through bottlefeeding and the resulting health problems, I am so much more committed and confident about breastfeeding. I can't wait to NAK and nurse in the sling and nurse while co-sleeping and NIP and just be all about booby booby booby all day long. I have been so sad and guilty ever since we lost our breastfeeding relationship and I think that nursing is what I am most looking forward to about having a newborn.

I am also planning to pump some of my milk and let my DD have it in a cup sometimes because I think it will really help with her health. I am so excited to be a milking mama again! I can't hardly wait for the spring!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 07-08-2006, 05:53 AM

I'm really looking forward to breastfeeding (this will be our first baby).

A couple days after we got our , when my breasts were really sore, DP reached around from behind me, gently cupped and supported my breasts (I don't wear a bra), and said "This is what will feed my babies." I thought that was just about the coolest thing I had ever heard.
#3 of 12 Old 07-08-2006, 12:20 PM

My almost 4 year old just weaned in January and I already miss nursing so much!! I can't wait to breastfeed again, especially an itty bitty newborn.
#4 of 12 Old 07-08-2006, 12:24 PM

My almost 4-year-old just weaned a few weeks ago, and I'm thrilled to have almost a year off before I nurse again! I hope my next child is less aggressive while nursing!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#5 of 12 Old 07-08-2006, 12:30 PM

Pinksmommy, I am so proud of you for your renewed commitment to breastfeeding!!! I smiled reading your post!
Arwyn, get thee a bra! As your boobs get heavier with pregnancy they might start to head south and get ouchy. (or not) Anyway, even a lightweight all cotton bra like Blue Canoe Jane's bra is sooo comfy... soft yummy organic cotton. Can double as a nursing bra as well. If the no bra thing isn't cutting it anymore, the blue canoe is very un-bralike.
#6 of 12 Old 07-08-2006, 01:17 PM

I'm already super heavy and floppy! Depending on weight fluctuations, I'm around a C-E cup, and my nipples point straight at my toes, have since early puberty, as do my mom's. I'm one of those women everyone says "can't get away with not wearing a bra!" (That is, it's pretty obvious I'm not.) But I don't like 'em so I don't wear 'em.

I am thinking of ordering an organic cotton one from Decent Exposures, though. I love them!
#7 of 12 Old 07-08-2006, 01:59 PM

I can't wait to start BFing again... my daughter weaned at 14 months and I'm ready to go again! Can't wait!!!
My MIL is a lactation consultant, so I have great support and am a huge advocat :-D
to all those BFing Moms!!!
#8 of 12 Old 07-08-2006, 02:30 PM

I can't wait to breastfeed again, too!!!!!!! I miss it soooo much ! I'm praying DS1 will want to breastfeed when he sees the new baby do it. Here's to !!!
#9 of 12 Old 07-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Banned

This is one of the TOP things I am looking forward to about becoming a mother. I can't wait to nurse my baby!
#10 of 12 Old 07-09-2006, 09:57 PM

I am excited to nurse another baby bean, but I confess that I'm kinda looking forward to ds1 weaning when I lose my milk...and I don't know how upset I will be if ds2 decides to as well. I think this may be the stress talking, though. And now that I've nursed a 3 1/2 year old, 2 sounds way too young to wean, so I don't know... Time shall tell, I suppose...
#11 of 12 Old 07-09-2006, 10:55 PM

I had a really really hard time breastfeeding my daughter, and not much support or success. I have learned so much since then, and I am really excited about making it work this time. I totally understand!

Sometimes I worry, though, will I feel differently towards DD because of not having had that bonding experience with her? Will I feel more bonded to the new baby? I worry that having nursed one and not the other I'll feel a difference in my feelings towards them, and I don't want that. I can't imagine loving anyone more than I love my DD, but still... It's been on my mind lately....

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#12 of 12 Old 07-10-2006, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyra
Sometimes I worry, though, will I feel differently towards DD because of not having had that bonding experience with her? Will I feel more bonded to the new baby? I worry that having nursed one and not the other I'll feel a difference in my feelings towards them, and I don't want that. I can't imagine loving anyone more than I love my DD, but still... It's been on my mind lately....
I don't think so -- the things I did differently with ds2 only made me hold ds1 a little tighter at times, because I felt so bad that he missed out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page