How low is a low HCG level???? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-10-2006, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello just found out today for sure that I am pregnant. My nurse warned me that my levels were low and she suggested not telling anyone that I was pregnant until other test could be taken. Of course I told everyone. I had a small struggle with getting pregnant.

So here it is according to my ovulation chart I am 26 dpo and my HCG levels were 261. I checked other websites and that seems to be in median of average levels. What do you think.
#2 of 14 Old 07-10-2006, 04:32 PM

according to www.betabase.info that is low for 26DPO...

Mucho sticky baby vibes coming to you!!!! Could you have O'd later than your chart shows?
#3 of 14 Old 07-10-2006, 05:10 PM

Did you have a second beta done to determine doubling rates? Low numbers can be ok if they are doubling properly.
#4 of 14 Old 07-10-2006, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Attached is my chart do you think its possible that I o'd later in the cycle??: :

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/13b684

If you see i tested neg on the 18 dpo thats why i think i o'd later. And i had fertile cm. What do you think???? Im trying to stay positive
#5 of 14 Old 07-10-2006, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisley
Did you have a second beta done to determine doubling rates? Low numbers can be ok if they are doubling properly.
Not yet I go back on next monday to see. I am hoping that I am just not as pregnant as FF says. Maybe just 17 days or so
#6 of 14 Old 07-10-2006, 05:33 PM

You could have possibly O'd on CD19 or CD20, technically. That would put your levels in a more normal range according to the betabase.info chart.

The PP is also correct, what is most important is that your numbers are doubling.

I would still be optimistic if I were you. Good Luck! I hope this little one sticks!
#7 of 14 Old 07-10-2006, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much ladies and I think it was around those days because thats when i started cramping and my bb's got sore. Im sure everythings ok and this one will stick. THanks again for the support :
#8 of 14 Old 07-11-2006, 03:44 PM

You know, you do have that strange shift in temps that FF calls your ovulation temp, but then the temperatures go back down again and you have a second thermal shift later on... and you were still experiencing eggwhite mucus, which would have dried up had you truly ovulated when FF said you did... You know what? You could be only like 13DPO right now, if you ovulated on CD30. The fact that you had all those negative tests and didn't start showing positive until the last couple of days also could support this.
I think in your case that (God willing) if this pregnancy sticks, you might want to consider going in for a dating ultrasound because if you did ovulate that late in your cycle, your due date will be "off" by over 2 weeks!!!! That will make a HUGE difference.
Hoenstly it looks like you ovulated late. Like 16 days late.
The more I look at it the more it looks like you maybe didn't even ovulate until somewhere around day 30 of your cycle. Because the temperature shift at CD31 is accompanied by your mucus drying up as well... and usually the sign of ovulation is a *sustained* temperature rise *crosschecked* by a dry-up of mucus, which doesn't happen in your case until CD31, etc.

Good news??
#9 of 14 Old 07-11-2006, 04:14 PM

I totally agree with Carrie. I never trust FF anyway, and this is one reason why - I think they're on crack.

Definitely looks like you O'd around CD 30! Don't know what's up with the seesawing the last couple days, but things like that happen.

You're pregnant! Congrats!!!!
#10 of 14 Old 07-12-2006, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you guys sssssssoooooooo much this really puts my mind at ease. I agree and think I am just barely prego. I even spoke with another nurse at my docs office and she seemed confident that the levels werent low and I had just been prego for a week or two. If this is the case does anyone know round about what my due date should be??? I was guessing about march 21st - march 31st???
#11 of 14 Old 07-12-2006, 01:28 PM

This is why I love charting! It is so empowering and gives you so much information, so much power!
Now you aren't going to have to face induction and pressure in the end. Yay!

The formula for calculating due date when you are charting is:
1. Identify the first day of your upward thermal shift pattern
2. Subtract 7 days
3. Add 9 months.

In your case then it would be: June 28 - 7 days = June 21 + 9 months =
March 21 as your official due date.
(standard disclaimer that some go early, some go late, so +/- 2 weeks)
#12 of 14 Old 07-12-2006, 01:34 PM

I actually calulated March 20. Got that by doing a due date calculator, saying your LMP was two weeks before your O date of CD 30/June 27.

Got the same when I counted out 38 weeks from the same O date.

Definitely March 20ish! Not that I put any stock in due dates - I'd say you'll be term anytime in March through mid April.
#13 of 14 Old 07-12-2006, 01:36 PM

20... 21... same diff.

You're right though, June 27 was, hah! day 0 (O), making the "due date" 21. I started counting one day too early.
#14 of 14 Old 07-12-2006, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

It feels good to have an idea!!!! Still in shock of being prego. Doesnt feel like it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page