spotting?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-12-2006, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, a little history. I got my iud taken out last month during my period. I usually have 26 day periods. I should have started on Monday. I took two positive tests yesterday and one today, they were all very faint. I have been having cramps. But I did have cramping with my first two also. I was sure I was going to start my period with both of them.
So Sunday, I had like two drops of blood when I wiped. I thought maybe, implantation?
Yesterday fine, nothing
Today fine until afternoon, and 3 times i have gone to the bathroom and had very little bit of spotting. It is mixed in with normal discharge. Most of it is dark brown, but a little bit was bright red.
I have read and saw that 1 in 4 pregnancies bleed in the first few months and only 50% end in misscarriages. BUT this is my third, wouldn't I have also bled in my first pregnancies? I guess I am trying to figure out, or I thought that if I was going to bleed during a pregnancy it would be through all of them? I would call the doctor, but I am military and most of the time they don't even want to see you until you get to 12 weeks. I know I wouldn't even show up as pregnant yet on their test, they have a very low sensivity test, I didn't show up until 6 weeks with either of my girls. So thoughts? And thanks for listening. I am just worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-12-2006, 03:18 AM

Each pregnancy is unique. You are not the same woman, and you don't have the same body, now as you were/did with your other pregnancies!

I'm at 29dpo, I started spotting at 18dpo, mostly very faint brown but a couple times brighter, and once an actual, though small, clot. Today is the first day since then there's been nothing, although it's been extremely faint the last couple days.

I definitely wouldn't worry about it. A little, especially brown, spotting is pretty normal.
#3 of 5 Old 07-12-2006, 11:16 AM

sounds like implantation. I had spotting at 11 days past ovulation, the same day I got my positive pg test. It lasted for one day and then stopped. I think it takes a while for it all to work its way out sometimes, though.

Congrats!!
#4 of 5 Old 07-12-2006, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you. It is one thing to read that it happens to one in four women, but to know that it has happened to someone else, it does help. The last couple of times I have gone to the bathroom, no spotting. So I am trying to just stop worrying.
#5 of 5 Old 07-12-2006, 08:22 PM

I'm having the same sort of issue right now with this pregnancy. I had spotting (the same you describe and even some clots and bright red!) during the entire 1st trimester of my last pregnancy and everything turned out fine. The doctors never were able to figure out why. I think it's just normal for some women and that's why I'm having it again. for us anyway!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page