And for lunch: green olives... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2006, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Because the California Rolls from the grocery store were nasty (I'm sure about that because I bought them & *tried* to eat them -- they smelled fishy! yuck!)

The olives taste better anyhow. The salad with greek dressing was a nice breakfast, but the graham crackers & apple juice for my "pre-breakfast snack" didn't do anything for my nausea.

I'm thinking this is going to be the pg for strange food combos...I'm about to break out a cucumber.

What have ya'll been eating?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2006, 05:46 PM

Last night I ate a can of sourkraut.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:51 PM

Today. let's see...1 bite of toast with cream cheese, yuk. 1 swallow of orange juice-gag. 3 jelly beans--ok. very cold cantloupe--mmm yum! then salsa (no chips, just salsa)--yum! That was breakfast.

Then Lunch, turkey sandwich sounded good (didn't taste nearly as good). Cucumber strips (without the peel) went down easy. Now I'm desparatly trying to get down some fruit.

Now that you mention it, olives do sound good...
-Elizabeth
Old 07-12-2006, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, they really were...

I like the cream cheese idea -- I had to buy different bagels for me today (usually we have onion -- gag). Toast squares with cc & organic raspberry jam sounds REALLY good now... and that cucumber. hmm...cucumber on cc & toast?

If I read this thread before noon I'd probably turn green. Saurkraut sounds yummy too... I have artichoke hearts & black olives. I'm seeing a nice cold spaghetti salad in my future. I SOOO hope I don't start getting funked out by cold & mixed foods (i.e. opening the fridge & smelling prepared stuff...). That was super annoying with ds1.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:02 PM

My diet for the day:

1 glass oj
2 eggs fried in bacon fat
1 mug half-decaf coffee
1 glass non-homo organic whole milk
2 slices real sour-dough kalamata olive bread with butter
The olives from my roommate's 2 slices of bread that she picked out
1 c. "pregnancy tea" (primarily red rasp leaf) with a maple sugar candy for sweetener
1 smoothie with the following ingredients: 2 brazil nuts, 4 walnuts, 1 tsp crushed flax seeds, 1+ tsp wheat germ, 1/2 tsp spirulena, 1 c. frozen blueberries, 1 organic banana, 1 raw egg (from local free-range, organically fed chickens), 1.5 c. vanilla yogurt, 1. c. non-homo organic whole milk.

My hunger levels just aren't what they were a week or so ago.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

ASusan -- how do you store your bacon fat? I want to stop using butter/margarine to cook with...

And I LOVE the maple candy for sweetener idea -- I was going to pick up some pregnancy tea today, but it was clear on the other side of Meijers (think super walmart sized store) and the kids were being...well...kids.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:10 PM

So guess what my co-worker just walked in with? OLIVES!
(The generic green ones with the pimento inside--can't tell you the last time I ate one of these).

And they taste goooooood!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethmidwife
So guess what my co-worker just walked in with? OLIVES!
(The generic green ones with the pimento inside--can't tell you the last time I ate one of these).

And they taste goooooood!
That's what I just downed... on to the cc & toast now...
Old 07-12-2006, 06:16 PM

I'm not craving much yet, nor am I having food aversions. Mostly when I crave something, it's juicy hamburgers.
I've been snacking on Chex Mix to help with the hunger and nausea feelings.

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:22 PM

I don't have much of an appetite at all...but when I don't eat, I get really nauseous. I'm eating whatever I can get down being that I'm not hungry for anything.

I was ravenous for two weeks until I hit 6 weeks. At least I ate super healthy for those two weeks.

Been wanting to follow the Brewer Diet and I haven't been able to do much of any of it because I can't eat most things without being totally turned off to the point of wanting to vomit when I even think about eating what I'm not in the mood for.

Just hoping this passes and doesn't linger throughout my entire pregnancy like it did last time. It's not really nausea, more food aversions...an aversion to almost all food.

Then when I DO eat, I get HEARTBURN. Doesn't matter what it is I eat, everything gives it to me. THis is a new symptom with this pregnancy, I had mild heartburn on and off starting second trimester last time, more often in the third but no biggie.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:31 PM

Heartburn is one of the worst physical symptoms I get. I can get through an entire pregnancy without puking from nausea, but I always end up spitting up from reflux! Mine started recently, and I anticipate that it'll only get worse.

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:19 PM

I was loving my peanut butter on rice cakes for lunch...

then several hours later the PB container was on my desk still and the sudden smell of it almost made me :Puke

I just want asian food. constantly. anything with rice and veggies.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:40 PM

My day:
b'fast - shared 2 eggs, scrambled with feta cheese and a few slices veggie bacon with DD
milk

lunch - red cabbage, green bean and walnut stirfry with rice, and a few bites of corn
Homemade strawberry cream popsicle

then, my I-can't-make-it-home-MUST-EAT-NOW stop at Burger King: a loaded veggie burger and chocolate chip cookie.

I'm getting RAVENOUS in the afternoon - can't eat enough for lunch, have to have a snack. But then I don't really have a lot of interest in dinner.

I am amazed (knock wood) that my nausea isn't worse yet - but getting out of thehouse for our run makes me feel a ton better each morning. I tend to get more nauseous when hot/still air - and it's certainly hot in the house!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:54 PM

Tika, don't worry about starting Brewer diet this early. I cannot fathom eating all that food 1st trimester.
I have been living on bagels and cream cheese. Yummy & bland.

Oh so gross all the olives...

Becca I cannot believe how wonderfully you are eating! But that's great! You too ASusan!

Bacon fat?? :Puke I can't handle grease right now...
Old 07-12-2006, 07:55 PM

I'm craving curry!

Breakfast that didn't stay down was granola
Breakfast that did stay down was a bag of plain salted chips and some apple juice
Lunch was a chicken parm sub (I fought that one down).
Snack so far is some chocolate.
Dinner - not sure yet. I'm craving curry, but I don't think I'll make that. Maybe a nice simple pasta with tomato sauce combo. And cheese definitely cheese.

re. Olives and pregnancy - a friend of mine craved olives during her pregnancy. But they had to be a specific olive from a specific farm in California. Her husband eventually contacted the farm to order a case of the olives. They were surprised by his request but thought it was great when he explained why. They included a onesie with the farm logo with the case of olives when it was shipped
Old 07-12-2006, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

That is so cute, Samantha! I'm kinda jealous of you ladies who have such even appetites/diets still. Dh just made hamburgers for dinner...I had a vanilla rice milk & some gatorade. I'm back to "nothing sounds good."

I'm thinkin lunch is my best time of day to get food down, as well.

Beth, I know what you mean about the aversion afterwards -- mine is almost immediate sometimes. Like waiting 2 minutes before getting more, then looking at it & gagging at the thought!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:15 PM

mmmmmm OLIVES - I craved olives last time around and am craving them again right now. I don't have any in though Guess I'll have to settle for those mini-pickles I've been working my way through in the fridge!

I have been RAVENOUS as well. I made a huge quiche with organic eggs, cottage cheese and spinach that I keep in the fridge and eat about 2 slices of per day! A great high protein low fat snack

Luckily all my food has been staying down.... so far.....
Food sure does taste different when you're pregnant though.....
Old 07-12-2006, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

marinated mushrooms....and chocolate milk?

Seriously though, I've found chocolate milk (okay, okay, plain milk works too) to help with heartburn/upset (from crazy foods) tummy.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:29 PM

What is it about the vinegary foods that make them so appealing? Personally I can't stand pickles or (yuck!) olives, but a nice rice wine vinegar cucumber salad sounds sooooo good...

As for me, only major craving so far: spider rolls. Y'know, deep fried soft shell crab with avocado and cucumber wrapped in rice and nori... mmmmmmmm...

I think that was a one-time thing, though.

Bananas and peanut butter on ricecakes have definitely been my friend. Although I too made the mistake of leaving the makings around me and they didn't seem so appealing later. But I've been doing a lot of peanut butter (on celery, too! yum!).

I HAVE to eat every hour or two, and I gotta say, this is getting kinda old. I'm trying not to do gluten - HAH! Saltines are my bestest best friends in the morning. And we just don't have that much to munch on around here. Definitely need to go shopping with pregnancy in mind!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:32 PM

Oh my god chocolate milk sound SO GOOD! drool

Too bad I'm allergic (to the chocolate! ).

My ND started me on a CalMag supplement (for unrelated reasons, but all the more important now), and it's "fruit punch" flavored - actually not too bad, but I have the world's most "high evolved" gag reflex, and the only way I could figure out to take it was mixing it with milk. It was actually kinda good, a little like strawberry Quik! (Which I haven't had in ages, so no spanking me, but it was really good back when I had it... oh... every day.)
Old 07-12-2006, 09:38 PM

Arwyn,
Sushi is a big craving for me. Not the raw kind, but the maki rolls/ california rolls... mmmmm....
Old 07-12-2006, 09:54 PM

Cinnamonamon - I store the bacon fat in a ceramic custard cup in the fridge.

Here's the rest of today's eating:

Curry made of chick peas, spinach, and tomatoes
Sweet yam fries
(bought these from the local coop deli counter 2 days ago)

Snacks throughout the day:
Cherry tomatoes
dried mangoes (low sugar)
shelled pistachios (don't like to do the shelling myself because I broke a tooth on one of these a few years back. I'm to tempted to bite them with my teeth and suck on the salty shell)

Later tonight, I'll dig into the chocolate ice cream. I have to eat ice cream once a day in the summer. It counts as a meal if it is chocolate peanut butter.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:56 PM

cereal at night before bed.
so far I have been able to ear what I want and haven't really craved anything. I can usually do all fruit while pregnant but other food is usually questionable. of course, my first pg i craved everything that was bad for me, hamburgers and especially milk shakes. last pg I had one aversion to chinesefood and so far I am eating as I normally wood.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 07-12-2006, 10:06 PM

oh my goddess... milkshakes...

OK, I'm SO having DP stop on the way home at Burgerville for walla walla onion rings, a milkshake, and quite possibly a tillamook cheeseburger!

Yea, I eat great....

:

I'm telling you, Burgerville is my downfall! I had COMPLETELY weaned off fastfood until I moved back here and rediscovered the bliss that is Burgerville!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:06 PM

Hey, there are worse things in the world than sushi rolls! Do you know how many cool minerals nori has??
Old 07-12-2006, 11:29 PM

All I want is mayonnaise. I never, ever, ever eat it normally, but I keep having these daydreams about chicken salad and potato salad and turkey with mayonnaise and tomatoes... That, and wicked processed-meat cravings. I think it's a fat thing. I've managed to steer clear of the processed meat (thank goodness) but I don't know how long I'm going to be able to hold out. I went and bought some whole milk and a nice steak so maybe that'll satisfy my urges for fat. I tried an egg, but I could only choke down about half a bite and then the rest went to the cat.

The only thing I ate all day yesterday was Grape Nut flakes. DD and I went through an entire box in one day. Oh, and half a dozen fresh peaches between the two of us. Poor DD- I can't stomach cooking, so she's living on my whacked-out pregnancy-craving diet.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
Old 07-12-2006, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Llyra -- my kids love the snackies type thing though, so we're good here. I just had a HUGE salad a while ago -- field greens & romaine, fresh mushrooms, cheddar cheese, grape tomatoes, shredded (leftover) cold chicken, & sprouts. Mmmmmmm... Then I had a tiny bit of Amaretto. I'm in the "alcohol should be used VERY cautiously -- especially in the first trimester" camp. I think (we) Americans are kinda psycho about it, though.

Re: the processed meat -- I found some "Hormel" branded lunch meat that claims to be "natural." The ham has no nitrates/nitites in it. When I have a craving, I go that route. In Florida, the health food store had organic lunchmeat...it was awesome!

I'm thinking about boiling a dozen eggs for tomorrow (not breakfast, though!)
Old 07-13-2006, 12:32 AM

Llyra - how 'bout egg salad?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:53 AM

mmmm...egg salad. Drat! All out of eggs. What will I do for breakfast?

Re: me eating healthy - you must have missed the cookie from Burger King!!

Oh, and I will eat ice cream every chance i get - I figure I gestated one AMAZING child on a steady diet of mint chocolate chip, I can do it again.

I had leftover schezwan noodles with shrimp and brocolli (I deveined it, and i bought it fresh off the boat) But could only eat a little bit at the time. now I'm in need of a late night snack. Especially b/c I don't like to eat when I wake up (before I run) so I can't wake up starving or I can't get the workout in.

I'm amazed at my lack of m/s so far - just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I love the Olive onesie story!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:41 PM

Grr, I'm struggling to keep my morning oatmeal down right now. I hope this doesn't persist too long.

Last pregnancy I practically bought shares in Nesquik. I'd have a glass of chocolate milk for breakfast and then another one before bed. I even devised a plan to have it while I was on hospital bed rest.

I also ate a LOT of vanilla ice-cream with choc sauce.

I feel the same cravings coming on this time too. Guess what I had before bed last night.

I'm also craving apple juice for some reason.

User Tag List