Telling people at work? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-14-2006, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When are you all (for those who work outside the home) planning on telling your boss and other people at work you are pregnant? Advice/comments from experienced moms who have done this before appreciated too. I really would like to wait until the second trimester starts (end of August for me) but I am really starting to get nauseated a lot (so wearing motion sickness bands, the only thing that really seems to help), and even having to unbutton my pants and wear my bella band already to hold them up (covered up with a bigger shirt) despite the fact that I have *lost* a couple of pounds. : My work clothes aren't tight, but they are fitted. I don't know if it's bloat or WHAT b/c it's definately too early to really start showing...but I definately have a bit of a belly. Anyway, I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able this all "under wraps" so to speak!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-14-2006, 05:29 PM

I plan to tell after July 24th when we have an ultrasound to confirm "viability".

I'm a "high-risk" pregnancy which entails a lot of Dr visits. I think it is important to let them know as soon as possible so that we can work together while I'm at Drs etc.
#3 of 6 Old 07-14-2006, 06:17 PM

I wasn't telling for awhile yet, but I've had a few barfy incidents and needed co-workers to help me out, so the secret is out. It was either that or let then think I had some kind of recurrent stomach flu : and I guess they would have figured it out real soon anyway.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#4 of 6 Old 07-14-2006, 06:58 PM

If you don't want to tell, there's a good chance you could just not, & even if they figure it out, they'll (hopefully) be too polite to ask, kwim? Don't tell if you don't want to.

Me...everyone knew about the ttc (3 or 4 months) saga and I held out for about 45 minutes after arriving the morning after I poas.
#5 of 6 Old 07-14-2006, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonamon
If you don't want to tell, there's a good chance you could just not, & even if they figure it out, they'll (hopefully) be too polite to ask, kwim? Don't tell if you don't want to.
This is what happened with me (I worked out of the home when pregnant with DD). I chose not to tell until the 5th month, but my boss just smiled and said "I figured as much." They just didn't bring it up even though I was showing by then.

This time around I'm "showing" as though I'm 4 months along... but I only go into the local office a few times a month, so they don't really know me too well. I am hoping that they won't tattle on me to my California office!

I'll wait and tell my management when I'm around 4 months.
#6 of 6 Old 07-14-2006, 11:00 PM

I work in a small company so I already told 2 people there. The rest will find out after my 1st appt. on Aug. 11. I'm never good at keeping secrets!

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page