Weekly Thread: July 23rd - 30th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2006, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Moving on! It feels so good to chalk up another week.

I'm 6 weeks pregnant now, and still feeling great. I was a little quezy this morning when I woke up, but that passed as soon as I ate breakfast. No food aversions yet, and no vomiting. I'm not overly tired (for a mother of a 19 month old ) but my nipples are very sore the past few days.

DS is a twiddler while nursing, so its been hard. I grin and bear it, though! I am determined to nurse him for as long as he wants.

How's everyone feeling? How many weeks along are you now?

Previous Weekly Thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2006, 08:28 PM

I am 5 weeks...I think. Found out last week. ??

Feeling okay, nipples starting to get tender when ds nurses, and I'm not as patient with him grabbing handfuls of flesh and squeezing...particularly my left armpit by where my nursing bra clips up. Leave it alone, already!

I'm HUNGRY all the time, a bear when it's time to eat and I can't figure out what I want or don't have anything handy to jam down. I am tired of eating. Let me clarify that. If I could have freshly delivered Pizza Hut pepperoni pizza or a Big Mac with fries when I get hungry, that would be fantastic. But because that stuff kills people (when not eaten in moderation) I must resist. Grrrr...

Moody, tired, short-tempered...I'm morphing into the newborn my body is busily building!

I'm sure I'll be packing on the pounds with all this extra food I'm eating, but I will take it over nausea.

A few friends know, and I'm trying to have as few people IRL know as possible, so I think I'm going into hibernation for the next several weeks. My attitude and increased appetite will give me away.

T
Old 07-23-2006, 09:16 PM

Congratulationsn MrsTC!!!

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

Old 07-23-2006, 10:35 PM

I am 6 weeks as well, and it has really hit me hard. I am SO tired, spend most of the day feeling yucky. Hungry and thirsty. Only certain foods sound good, and the foods vary from hour to hour.

I just consumed an entire large steak with sauteed mushrooms and corn on the cob. Under normal circumstances, I would only be able to eat half a steak. Baby needs the protein!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 10:42 PM

I think I'm turning 9 weeks on Wed. (that's from LMC, not ovulation). I'm surprised to not be seriously puking - I did lots with my first pg. SO I'm thinking I may be having a boy.

I'm either starving or want nothing to do with food - and can change on a dime. And heaven help anyone who comes b/tw me and me food!

My DD weaned at 18.5 months - and I have to say I'm so glad to not be nursing at the moment : . I am feeling so yuck - tired and gross a lot of the time. When will you be here, 2nd trimester? Come quick!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 PM

I'm just 4 weeks along - found out on Friday!

I'm feeling a little nervous as we miscarried verrry early on, last month - day 34 of my cycle. I'll be able to breath just a little bit in a week from now, I think.

So far only my dh, mom, siblings, and 1 good friend know. I reeeeally want to start telling people, but we're determined to keep it under wraps for a few more weeks.

My cousin just told me today that he and his wife are expecting in early March!! I'm so excited because our older dcs are just 6-8 weeks apart - last time our ds was older. I'm really looking forward to telling them our news!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:42 PM

I'll be 8 weeks pregnant tomorrow, I believe. And I'm definitely showing! I have no idea how much longer I'll be able to keep the news from family! I've been craving protein this entire pregnancy so far. I want MEAT! Especially ground beef!
Oh, and I'm another one who's thrilled my kid weaned. He just weaned in time for his 4th birthday, but if he hadn't, I'd be pushing for it now! I'm also very happy that he's going through a Daddy stage. He wants to spend lots of time with his father, and that works out so well for me! Most nights, DH is getting him to sleep now, so I don't have to.

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:44 AM
kdf

I just found the weekly thread. I haven't been at the computer much lately. I am 8 weeks and feeling pretty nausea and tired. So glad ds takes a long morning nap and is starting to sleep longer in the morning. I feel like I am starting to show already but it could just be b/c I am eating all the time. I am having troubles getting my protien again just like last time. Basically all I want is all beef farmer sausage and we are waiting for our order that we placed at the butcher. Man I hope it comes soon.

Mama to Noah- 05, Eden - 07, Isabella -09 and Cade -11 

Old 07-24-2006, 02:14 AM

I'm officially counting down the days until week 12... first trimester + me are not good friends. Not that it has been super gross or anything, but I am a serious bitch lately, pardon my french, I think because I am so tired. Plus that has been when the ickyness has disappeared in the past.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:52 AM

About 7 weeks for me. Mild cramping and some brown spotting off and on, a little red spotting this morning.

Getting nervous. General feeling that this isn't going to stick.

I hope I am wrong.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyInfidel
About 7 weeks for me. Mild cramping and some brown spotting off and on, a little red spotting this morning.

I hope I am wrong.

I hope you are too, mama.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:19 AM

Hello!

I'm 6 weeks, and hoping that things work out this time. I've been bumped from porgesterone gel, to suppositories and now to daily injections. DH is a trooper, even if he makes more whimpering noises than I do when giving me the shot. I can't believe we're really going to have to do this until 12 weeks (well, that's if we make it that long).

I have a few symptoms but currently more focused on my sore butt and this nasty case of swimmer's ear that I just can't shake naturally. :

Looking forward to a time of feeling more secure in this pregnancy.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 07-24-2006, 09:23 AM

Quote:

I hope I am wrong.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:31 AM

and : for everyone!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:37 PM

Hello, everyone!

Let's see, I guess I need to start a running count of how far along I am, huh? I guess I'll be 5 weeks on Wednesday, the 26th.

I've been so unbelievably tired and literally biting my poor DH's head off at the smallest of infractions! I keep reminding him I now have no control over my (very intense) emotions.

We found out on Sunday (the 23rd). I had a rough time last month (thinking a veeeery early m/c), so I waited until 18 dpo and consistent high temps before taking a test (yes, Keri, I broke down...my confidence rose and I had one in the house). I'll go get a beta on Tuesday and another on Thursday just to put my mind more to rest.

My dad called me Sunday afternoon to tell me his "big news". I wanted to say, "I bet my news is bigger than yours!" but held back. I don't want to tell my family OTP or this early. We'll be holding out until after the first trimester to tell anyone (except here, of course! ) (BTW, his news was he bought a new Camry Hybrid) If my M-I-L comes to visit next month, we'll go ahead and tell her then because we want to do it in person. Otherwise, it looks like I might be around 5 months when we'll get a chance to tell our families in person because they all live so far away. Think they'll notice I'm a little rounder than last time they saw me?
Old 07-24-2006, 04:57 PM

I am 6 weeks now. I have very low energy, and I'm starving all the time. I have been kind of cranky and am dreading going back to work this week after having the summer off. We are going to tell family and friends in a couple of weeks. It has been so nice to not have to deal with the constant questions like last time.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:

I hope I am wrong.
To steal words from another poster, I hope you're wrong too!!

I'm 9 weeks 3 days (LMP) or 9 weeks (ovulation).

I'm feeling pretty well these days, the m/s has passed (knock on wood) and although I'm dead tired (thankfully DH works at home!) I'm feeling ok. I've been sleeping in way late but I'm stocking up on sleep since I start school in a few weeks. I'm definitely showing, I showed early with DD too, my siggy links to my belly shot!

Hope everyone is doing great on this (hot! it was 118 yesterday) Monday!

CPST & mom

Old 07-24-2006, 06:21 PM

Makers of the new week's thread need to start providing a link to here from the old week's thread!

Please?

8 weeks here. Too hungry and tired to say more.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:57 PM

hi everyone,
I'm 6 weeks today, and I feel alright, my breasts are still sore, but not quite as swollen- I have nausea after every meal, but haven't gotten sick yet. I'm on progesterone suppositories and have a real love/hate relationship with them. They are keeping me from bleeding (I was spotting for 5 days when I first found out) - but they are quite annoying too.
I had my fist u/s at 5w4d and they saw a small sac with no yolk/baby yet. They said it was too early as my HCG's weren't quite high enough yet.
The HCG's have not been doubling, but have been increasing about 90% which I hear from some sources is good enough -but my doc is still very skeptical.
I have another u/s at 6w4d on Friday. I really hope the sac has grown and I get good news that there is a baby in that sac!
-Jodi
Old 07-24-2006, 08:14 PM

I'll be 8 weeks on Wednesday. Feeling kind of blah and totally over the hot weather. Have had less symptoms over the past couple of days so that makes me nervous, but I'm trying to take it all in stride. I did notice that there's now an April DDC board. Seeing it makes me feel like we've made some real progress.

A big shout out to my progesterone sistas! Bummer about the injections, Be. And lilduds, I feel your pain, squish, squish. I'll be : for you for perfect u/s results on Friday.

Thinking of you, LadyInfidel.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:15 PM
jkg

6 1/2 weeks here. Nausea on and off, then ravenous hunger! Surprisingly, my nipples are still only minimally sore.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisley
A big shout out to my progesterone sistas! Bummer about the injections, Be. And lilduds, I feel your pain, squish, squish. I'll be : for you for perfect u/s results on Friday.
Hey!

The injections are quickly becoming painful. The first couple not so bad, but now that the area is bruised. Yikes. But we gotta do what we gotta do. :

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 07-25-2006, 05:39 PM

Be - hope the pain subsides. Sounds like no fun. Big sticky vibes for you!!

LADYiNFIDEL - big sticky vibes for you too!!
Old 07-25-2006, 05:48 PM

I will be seven weeks in a day or so. Still bad food aversions; like the thought of food brings on trauma for me. Last night my dh had to hold my hand so I could choke down some protien. It sux b/c my stomach growls and I know I need to eat but everything is so gross to me and I want to gag. I had a boy the first time and it wasn't this bad so maybe I am having a girl
hope so..
It is cooler today in the NW and I am so relieved..
I did eat some grapes this am and they actually tasted good!
Old 07-26-2006, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

I'm 2 days from 7 weeks, and still no MS. Where is it!?

Old 07-26-2006, 06:19 PM

8w here. Pretty nauseous this time around, and unlike last time, food isn't fixing it. Craving fruit and Thai green avocado curry. We get a box of veggies from a farm each week, and I had to leave the garlic, onions, and broccoli behind this time, couldn't handle the smell in my car! My bbs are bigger, but not at all sensitive, yay - perhaps because DD just weaned a few months ago??

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
Old 07-26-2006, 07:12 PM

I'll be 9wks tomorrow. The week to come was the worst week for me when I was pregnant with DD (as far as nausea goes.) If last night was any indication, I'm in for a long week.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:36 PM

I think I'm about 5-5.5 weeks along, due right at the end of March. Had a dating ultrasound this past week and saw a sac, no heartbeat yet - gonna try again in a couple weeks probably to get a fix on a date range. I had no pp period nor chart to date by, is why all the wondering.
In my previous pregnancies I have been sick sick sick from exactly 6 weeks to exactly 10 weeks, so maybe I'll just set my watch that way. So far, just super tired. Maybe I'll skip the all-day sickness this time (crossing fingers).
Good wishes to all, for sticking babies and relief from sickness.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:28 PM

6 weeks here. Boobs are owie, though my 2 yr old is slowing down nursing a tad, but not much. Craving burgers, oh so craving burgers. It seems like there are a few of us who are craving red meat. I was veggie the first time I was pregnant and had to let go of it because I NEEDED a Wendys hamburger. And you knw, it sounds really good now, or there is this guacomole hamburger at Red Robin. I need help, really. My waist is thicker, and there is a bump above my pubic bone. I am tired, but so far no real morning sickness. I know this is crazy, and I am probably jinxing myself big time, but I would almost welcome it, morning sickness that is. I just don't feel pregnant really this time. Or maybe it is just the shock of it happening the first month. Really wasn't expecting it, it took a good bit of time the last time. But so far feeling alright.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:21 AM

Hi March Mammas!

I'm 6 weeks along, feeling good so far, just tired, tired and more tired, oh and hungry, hungry and more hungry. On and off mild naseau all day, but worse if I don't eat regularly. I am feeling great compared to #1 though - I was barfing up a storm every day with #1 and couldn't keep anything down. This time, smells only bother me mildly (so far) whereas with #1 I would barf at just about any smell, (especially DH's cologne and car exhaust!). I'm hoping I don't get that sick again, it was awful. But it did dissapear like clockwork on week 13.

My nipples are sure sore though! DS 2.5 is still nursing and EOOOWWWW! it hurts.

Speaking of craving meat, my DH still teases me b/c during Pregnancy #1 I could not get enough roast beef. It was roast beef sandwiches, roast beef subs, roast beef hoagies, roast beef dip (another kind of roast beef sandwich ). The reason it was funny was b/c I was like a maniac craving it, but before I got pregnant I ate meat about 5x/year and hated roast beef! I remember last pregnancy I couldn't get enough orange juice either. I would drink gallons of it.

So far no cravings, will be interesting to see if they develop. I'm really worried about getting MS b/c I had it soooo bad the first time around, and I have to do a huge presentation to like 100 people (including my boss) at about 10 weeks along. Last pregnancy, when I even *made* it to work, I spent weeks 5-13 with my head on my desk, drinking lemon and hot water repeating my mantra..."please don't barf...please don't barf...please don't barf..." I can't imagine how I'll present for over an hour to 100 people feeling that way. I can see it now - running off to the side every few minutes to barf. . Don't want to tell work I'm preggers until later in the game.

Hope you all feel well and baby dust to all!

Kathy.

User Tag List