Anyone cramping - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-28-2006, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have horrible cramps....no spotting or anything just the cramps. Is this fairly normal or should I be worried?
Jackie
#2 of 14 Old 07-28-2006, 12:16 AM

I think...dont quote me on this, that as long as there is so spotting, and you are still calling them "cramps", not excruciating PAIN, then your ok, within the range of normal.
Could be ligaments pulling and stretching
Feel better, and take care of yourself
#3 of 14 Old 07-28-2006, 12:35 AM

I have been having cramps on and off just like period cramps (just not as bad as p cramps for me are awful) I think it is just my uterus growing. If you are concerned is there anyone you could call to ask?
#4 of 14 Old 07-28-2006, 05:12 AM

I had cramping from when I expected to flow (11dpo) 'til about two weeks later. I still get twinges, but no cramping.

I had a week+ of spotting, too, but I'm still here. This is just normal for some of us.
#5 of 14 Old 07-28-2006, 09:53 AM

I had cramping my last pregnancy and I'm having it again for this one. I would describe mine as menstrual cramps-ish, but instead of the sensation shooting down through my cervix and vagina, it radiates up and out toward the tops of my hips. I'm guessing it's my uterus growing and/or cervix closing up.

I'm also having ligament pains if I try to get up from sitting or laying down too quickly. Already. Oy.
#6 of 14 Old 07-28-2006, 11:19 AM

I had af-type cramps at the beginning of this pg and my last pg. I freaked out and did some research and apparently it is very common.

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#7 of 14 Old 07-28-2006, 11:31 AM

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had dull, aching cramps all throughout my first tri-mester. I constantly felt I was on the verge of having my period, although I understand it was very normal. From what I understand, it was acutally round-ligament pain that I was experiencing. I haven't really felt them at all with this pregnancy. Maybe my ligaments are already loose from my last pregnancy.

Rebecca
#8 of 14 Old 07-28-2006, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mama's you'd think with this being my 4th time around I'd be an old pro at this, lol. It does feel like I'm about to start my period.....and I keep running to the potty to check.
Jackie
#9 of 14 Old 07-31-2006, 02:57 AM

I read that cramps and spotting when you are first late is normal. The cramps is your uterus expanding, and the spotting either maybe shortly after your last period or about the time of your last expected period, is implantaion bleading. I am cramping and had cramping with my last pregnancy. My last pregnancy I swore I was sgoing to start my period and that I really wasn't pregnant. But 9 months later came a baby. LOL
#10 of 14 Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed with boys
Thanks mama's you'd think with this being my 4th time around I'd be an old pro at this, lol. It does feel like I'm about to start my period.....and I keep running to the potty to check.
Jackie
I feel on the verge of my period too! It's driving me bonkers!
#11 of 14 Old 07-31-2006, 12:35 PM

I am so glad to have found this thread! I'm a little over six weeks and I've been cramping off and on for the last three weeks. Nothing that's seriously painful, although if I knew I wasn't pregnant, I probably would have taken an Aleve by now. I'm keeping an eye on things to make sure there's no bleeding, and just hoping that this goes away by week 12.

It's always wonderful to hear that I'm not the only one.

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#12 of 14 Old 07-31-2006, 06:47 PM

menstrual-like cramps are par for the course for me.
#13 of 14 Old 07-31-2006, 10:53 PM

yes i have been having like twinges on and off and pulling the side ligaments of my uterus...I made the mistake of eating taco bell last week, I even called my family and told them I was miscarrying!!! the cramping was so insane i thought i was dying...your intestines moving can actually cause uterine cramping! my ob told me not to worry..so you may be even feeling a tummy ache
#14 of 14 Old 08-07-2006, 09:04 AM

This post makes me feel better...I'm having some cramping (no bleeding)....I got a BFP last week at 14DPO, so I'm pregnant (I still can't believe it!!), but it really feels like AF is going to show up, which of course won't happen. Then I get worried that I'll start bleeding b/c I know cramping + bleeding = bad sign, but I'm trying to reassure myself by reading these posts that it's normal, the uterus/ligaments expanding. A few days ago, I'd get a tiny cramp (on one side or the other) for a second or so a few times a day, but this morning, it was more like the menstrual cramps I would get during the beginning of my period so I was more worried.
I need to Relax............everything will be fine...........

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page