Hope everyone is staying cool!!!

Link to last week's thread is here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is so bloody hot here... unbearable. I'm doing pretty well -- getting a handle on my symptoms, and learning what I need to do to stay feeling well. (Eating a protein breakfast, eating often, drinking lots of water, etc.)
#3 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 10:48 AM

We're about to leave for Six Flags! My swimsuit that's usually a bit large on me is tight now! Thankfully, it still fits well enough for me to wear today.
Hope you all have a great day!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#4 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 10:59 AM

ITA about the heat being unbearable. Ugh! It's hot here all the time.

I may not have felt pregnant last week, but boy do I ever feel it now! Nipple soreness, and it didn't help that ds2 was up half the night nursing. Nausea has been building up over the past few days. It seems like such a nuisance to have to eat something every hour or so.

Dh has been super sweet and taking good care of me. We went to Whole Foods yesterday to stock up on some fresh fruits and healthy snacks. He's been making meals all weekend and encouraging me to rest. I could get used to this! Thinking back, this is our first pregnancy with dh out of school.

What's everyone's thoughts on caffeine during pregnancy, mainly coffee? I adore my single cup of coffee in the morning, but I gave it up for both my previous pregnancies. I'm attempting to give it up now, but failing miserably. It's just so much harder when I have two boys to keep up with all day long.

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#5 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 12:13 PM

I'm in Houston and it is hot here but it hasn't really affected me yet.
We went to an outdoor concert last night - Journey & Def Leppard and I was comfortable the whole time, it was actually breezy

The nausea is also kicking in for me which is making it hard for me to get to the gym in the morning

We told the two older boys about the pregnancy last week and they are very excited it was getting really hard to keep it from them and I didn't want to hold out any longer. They are great and are helping me out a lot around the house

I'll be 7 weeks on Tuesday

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#6 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 01:22 PM

Cool! Journey and Def Leppard! My DH would be so jealous (shoot, I am, too!)

Sure wish I could get some help around the house, but alas, that all falls into my department...and DH has been miserably sick this past week. Maybe that's why I haven't had m/s yet...just waiting for DH to get better so he can start taking care of me!

I'm 6 weeks on Wednesday! :
#7 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 01:45 PM

Yep, last week, I believe I said something like, I wish I felt more pregnant because it just didn't feel real yet. Well, I feel sick, my nurses are definitly hurting me. And my daughter has decided that she wants to nurse all day and night. And I also have been very short tempered. It is making me feel very bad. But why is it that my childern who used to seem like angels are now annoying? I don't understand that. Of course it could have a little to do with the fact that everytime my dd latches on it feels like she is taking my nipple off. Okay, really, I know this is a lot of complaining, but really, I feel much better that I feel more pregnant. And my dreams. I started to actually get very vivid dreams before the postive pregnancy test, but they are much more frequent now. That is actually why I am stuck on the name Gwen, I dreamed about it. It will be funny if this is a boy. By the way, 7 weeks today.
#8 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 02:59 PM

It has been hot hot hot here, we're staying inside as much as we can or else going to the pool.
I've been really nauseous and gaggy the last week, which sucks so bad because I was never sick with my dd's pregnancy, and I'm emetephobic so thinking about and feeling like throwing up is pretty much my worst nightmare.
Today I feel a little bit better, maybe I'll be able to get some housework done. I haven't been getting any help and since I'm spending so much time laying on the couch, it looks pretty grungy around here.
I turned 8 weeks on Saturday and my main symptoms have been being continually grouchy and sleepy. The sickness has been on and off, more on recently though.
#9 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 03:08 PM

I still don't really feel pregnant. I'm 7 weeks now. We've been getting our house ready to list this week so I've hardly had time to dwell on actually being pregnant.
I am tired, and just overly unmovitated. Chasing my 19 month old around keeps be pretty busy.

We move on teh 15th, I can't wait. I'm just not looking forward to all of the work!
#10 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 03:29 PM

Lets see...the heat here was unberable for awhile, but for the past two days it suddenly cooled off a lot-weird.
I will be 6 weeks tomorrow-so exciting! But time is going sooooooo slowly.
My previous pregnancy i found out at 8 weeks (what a dumba$$ huh?) -but i thought i had a period so i had no clue! Anyway when you find out at 8 weeks it just flies by so much faster! But when you are counting the hours your zygote is travelling there in your tubes, ugh it just seems like FOREVER to even get to six weeks!!!
I am going nuts waiting for my doctors appoitment ( i already had one- went too early basically ), so anyway waiting for this Friday, dying of impatience!
I know this sounds dorky but i am so tempted to buy more hpt's
Just so i can poas and see those lines again: . Im also tempted to buy a digital one-does anyone know if i poas on it , will the word Pregnant stay on it forever or will it like "turn off" at some point? I like to keep them as keepsakes As you can tell im a bit bored over here

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#11 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 03:58 PM

The ones that flash pregnant turn off after a while. Disappointing, eh?
#12 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMySofie
I know this sounds dorky but i am so tempted to buy more hpt's
Just so i can poas and see those lines again: . Im also tempted to buy a digital one-does anyone know if i poas on it , will the word Pregnant stay on it forever or will it like "turn off" at some point? I like to keep them as keepsakes As you can tell im a bit bored over here
Me, too, me, too! My DH thinks I'm nuts for wanting to see another BFP! You're right, the digital won't say PREGNANT forever...just one hour actually! Mine turned off about 30 minutes before my DH woke up to see it! Luckily I had videotaped it, so I showed him that as proof. (digital camera photos didn't turn out, but videotape does...and you can make still shots from that!)

Sometimes I'm feeling reeeeaaally good and I start to feel like a fraud--am I really still pregnant??
#13 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 10:22 PM

heat is miserable! spent most of the evening up in dd's room because it is air conditioned!
got the results from my bloodwork and all looks well. hcg is totally on target for this pt in pregnancy. very big relief as i had some brown discharge for the last few days.
on the coffee ?- i have read conflicting info but some believe on cup a day is fine.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#14 of 42 Old 07-31-2006, 11:53 PM

Hey MamaAcorn! I've read that a moderate amount of coffee/caffiene (the equivalent of 1-2 cups a day is safe). But with my first pg, when DH and I were on different sides of the issue (I was defending my 1 cup a day), he found info that said caffiene was related to miscarriage in the first 9 weeks of pg - but I don't know what levels were used in the study.

If it were me, I'd go half-caff. As it is, I'm not doing well at cutting out caff. sodas this time - I feel like I need the bubble and th ekick sometimes.

I'm having the opposite experience of a lot of you - my symptoms are getting less noticable/more tolerable - EXCEPT the hunger. it's killin' me. But I'm a bit further along - almost 9 weeks.
#15 of 42 Old 08-01-2006, 01:52 AM

There have been metastudies that looked at the subject of caffeine and found that there were NO indications of differences in outcomes at the low to moderate level of caffeine, which is up to about 3 "cups" of coffee a day (that's 3 8-ounce cups of regular joe, not 3 venti espressos, mind!), and very small effects at levels up to the equivalent of about 6 cups a day, if I recall right. Over that, and there are detrimental effects to the fetus and potentially to the pregnancy early on.

One regular coffee cup of regular coffee a day is most likely perfectly fine. You do need to remember that caffeine is also a diuretic, and your water needs increase with pregnancy anyway.
#16 of 42 Old 08-01-2006, 01:56 AM

I'm nine weeks today. Hunger is in my top three annoyances of early pregnancy, and some days it's number one. Seriously, I am SO TIRED of being SO HUNGRY. It was kinda annoying there for a while because food was the only thing that kept me from feeling overly nauseas, but now it's just HUNGER (and frequently nausea, especially if I don't eat when the hunger starts), and it's driving me batty! :
#17 of 42 Old 08-01-2006, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

I'll be 10 weeks Thursday and looking forward to the nausea gradually tapering off after that (assuming I follow the same pattern as with dd.) My dh is off today and I'm so thankful. He's been so very helpful -- it turns out he IS capable of housework -- who knew!

brendon -- glad your hCG looks good!

shalena -- ooh, good luck listing your house! Do you live in a good area for sellers right now? We sold our smallish place and bought a bigger place at the peak of the housing market in my area and it was absolute nuts.

lotusdebi -- how was the six flags trip?
#18 of 42 Old 08-01-2006, 06:51 PM

Very hot here too in STL. It's supposed to cool off on Thursday though - here's hoping!

I'll be 6 weeks on Saturday - I'm still reeeeally early on. I've been having slight m/s, but nothing too horrible yet. I'm hoping I don't get it too bad since I have a toddler to chase around this time.

I noticed there wasn't a new fitness thread yet - are ya'll able to keep up on excercise?
#19 of 42 Old 08-01-2006, 06:55 PM

Hello to everyone!!

I had a follow up u/s yesterday (had one at 9 weeks, Peanut was measuring 7) at 10.5 weeks, and Peanut was measuring spot-on this time! Yeay. "He" was bouncing around and hiccupping and waving limbs HB was 170 and I've gained 3 pounds. All is well here! Now I need to get my lazy heiny out and swim some laps! Oh and we are moving within a couple of weeks I think! We found a great house to rent and it's ready, but I think we're going to move in Sept 1 because the only furniture we have right now is our bed . I think we're going to collect a few paychecks and make a trip to Ikea between now and then!!

So what exercise plans does everyone have? I'm swimming laps at least 3 times a week, and I'm going to start prenatal yoga when I begin my 2nd trimester. I'm hoping my school offers a class, if not I guess I have to find another place. It's so hard in a big city to find a quaint, homey little yoga studio...the small towns have the best ones!

CPST & mom

#20 of 42 Old 08-01-2006, 06:55 PM

I am a little over 9 weeks. This pregnancy has been pretty mild so far with the symptoms. Off food and tired and bitchy, but can't complain too much.
#21 of 42 Old 08-01-2006, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromom
lotusdebi -- how was the six flags trip?
Exhausting! DS and I are both recovering today. We were there for 8 hours! DS had a blast! EVERY SINGLE ACTIVITY had a warning against pregnant women participating (including the various pool areas), which I found amusing. Lawsuit fears win out everytime, right? It was HOT, so DS and I both enjoyed the water stuff the most. We're going back in mid-September.

#22 of 42 Old 08-01-2006, 10:13 PM

I am starting to feel like i can plan for this baby. I am a planner though a lazy one...still I want to get to work on projects so we are ready for baby three. I am looking fwd to the changes ahead...I am totally into this pregnancy...it is our last and I plan to remember every bit of it.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#23 of 42 Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 PM

Almost 9wks here, rollicking 24/7 nausea, ick... We're getting on a plane to go visit my family in a week, so here's hoping things start to ease off a little - I don't really want to test the airplane barfy bags!!!

At our weekly farm pickup today, we got to pick fresh organic raspberries and strawberries. Holy hannah, those tasted sooooo good. It's about time something did, LOL...

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#24 of 42 Old 08-02-2006, 01:02 PM

Hi all,
Here's my weekly update:
I had my 2nd u/s on Friday, I'm measuring 6 days behind where I think I should be. That means that when I went in for my u/s Friday at 6w3d (but I measured more 5w5d), there was no heartbeat -but there was a yolk sac and tiny neural tube. I know when I o'd, but I also think I didn't implant till 12 dpo. Maybe that is why???

Anyway, I'm kinda in limbo about this pregnancy. I should be about 7w2d today, but if the u/s is right, more like 6w4d. I have another u/s tomorrow to see if the sac/baby grew. I REALLY hope it does - I've been waiting 9 years to get pregnant!
If it doesn't grow, than we will have one more scan before stopping the progesterone treatment and waiting for a m/c. Wish me luck!

I do have some nausea after eating, and some breast tenderness - so hopefully the baby just implanted late and is just a bit small at this point!
-Jodi
#25 of 42 Old 08-02-2006, 05:22 PM

Here is my check-in:
eight weeks now and it seems the nausea is backing off a bit and the hunger is starting. For the first couple of weeks I could barely force myself to eat but now I have some things I really WANT to eat and when I do, I don't feel so yucky. Kind of feel like a hunter/gatherer b/c i have to go get what I want at that moment and it is rarely what I have in my house.
The other night I dreamt about tamales from the mexican food restaurant where i worked while in texas in college and woke up trying to figure out how to get them to overnight mail them to me... quite pitiful!
Luckily, I am making a trip there in october so the tamales will have to wait...
Otherwise, I am more tired than i have ever been in my life. I sleep like ten hours at night (with several pee stops) and then take a nap in the afternoon. and still yawn all day. could it be age; I am 35..!?
#26 of 42 Old 08-02-2006, 06:14 PM

I will be six weeks tomorrow. I feel like I am having weeks long pms. I just get so moody and oversensitive.

I'm also feeling really morbid lately, with undue worry about what would happen to me/the family if I died or dh died, or dd died. I know it doesn't make sense to worry about it, but I do anyway.

My other symptoms are still minor. Tummy is mostly okay, and I'm not too tired. I hate hate hate this wait to hear the heartbeat.
#27 of 42 Old 08-02-2006, 08:04 PM

First prenatal today with midwife. It was awesome! Tried for the heartbeat, but maybe next time. I am about 9 wks 5 days! I thought I just peed on the stick yesterday. This is going fast so far. The nausea is gone too! YAHOO!
#28 of 42 Old 08-02-2006, 10:13 PM

I interviewed the local homebirth midwives today!
And I know who I want to attend my birth!
I'm so excited!
She's DH's favorite too, but he needs some adjustment time to get used to the idea of a homebirth. It's suddenly real to him now, and he's a little freaked out. :
I'll share a bit more about my interview experiences in the homebirth thread when I have a chance. Have to get the kid to bed now!

#29 of 42 Old 08-02-2006, 10:45 PM
kdf

I will be 10 weeks tomorrow. And as much as I was refusing to throw up, yesterday I had no choice. Two days in a row now, yes I feel better but it is still gross. I am eating a steak right now and man it tastes so good. Does anyone know how soon you can hear the heartbeat?

Mama to Noah- 05, Eden - 07, Isabella -09 and Cade -11 

#30 of 42 Old 08-02-2006, 11:20 PM

Hi Becca! It's great seeing a familiar face!

I'm 6 weeks today, and boy are the tears flowing! I can't stop crying over the tiniest things this week. Some things are have been pretty cry worthy, but I'm totally taking it overboard and bawling my eyes out for hours. I feel bad for my poor dh for having to put up with emotional rollercaoster!

Pam

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page