Mothering Forum banner

Any non-vegetarians repulsed by meat?

725 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Savmay 
#1 ·
ok yea its a lil spin off...

I have noticed that i just cannot stand meat lately. including chicken and the much loved previously BLT's. I see meat and it grosses me out. I havent had any in at least two weeks.
I do eat lots of legumes, and combination of rice and beans for the protein. I think I may even try to force myself to try tofu-though i think its yucky.
I am even trying to switch to soymilk instead of regular milk.
What the heck is goin on?

See less See more
#2 ·
I am right there with you! my diet is totally odd. I usually eat a combo of healthy organic grains, meats and veggies/fruits. not much dairy or carbs.
Now all I can eat is carbs and dairy/eggs. no meat at all. And I don't usually eat soy products b/c I can be sensitive to digest them but I have turned to them b/c of the need for protien. I am right now eating a tofu corn dog!
Regular meat or the thought/smell of it makes me gag gag gag
:
I feel frustrated b/c I think the nausea is better the more protein I eat and meat would help that, but...

#7 ·
I was totally in the same boat until about a week ago when I hit 11 wks. I was able to manage some well-breaded and sauced chicken and have been able to do a few meals a week with it since. I remember reading something that said since meat and eggs are historically the foods most likely to cause harm to a developing fetus, most women have aversions to them.

Savmay - How did that tofu corn dog go over with the digestion? I ask because prior to getting pregnant I was off gluten and dairy for various issues, including GI problems, but I started eating both again around 7 weeks and have had pretty much zero problems.

#8 ·
This caught my eye when I logged on.

When I was pregnant with DD, for most of the first trimester, maybe even a bit beyond, I couldn't handle the sight or smell of raw meat. DH had to buy it in the store and do that part of the cooking. I could handle finishing off the cooking once the rawness was gone, and I could eat it though.

Later on, it was anything raw that I couldn't eat. All vegies had to be cooked, no salads. Lots of V8 for me! This happened with both kids that all foods had to be cooked. V8 juice was my friend.

#9 ·
Yup same here my son It was the whole pg and no eggs either. I'm 14 weeks now and all I can eat is breaded hardly looks like meat , meat
It's totally weird for me because when not pg I'm a total meat eater!

#10 ·
Paisley:
same here. I was off dairy, soy and gluten for the most part and now it seems all I can eat... and no problems, so I am going with it. I really think the pg body is just a different animal and the rules change. It does feel strange tho but I am loving the cheese!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.