Check in -- how is everyone? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 09-19-2006, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was missing the weekly threads, glad to "see" you all here! I'm going to be 17 weeks come friday, and let me just say -- the first trimester is OVER! My house has been clean for a WEEK...every day -- tidied up, laundry caught up, etc. It makes me smile everytime I see that empty floor, lol. And I've been sewing. Little/kid blankets & diapers... I made my first Cuddlebuns dipe today -- it has some neat methods that I'll incorporate into my own dipes in the future.

I haven't felt babe yet, but I thought I did for a minute tonight. I was standing and all of the sudden, my uterus was just pushed out. You know like when the Grinch's heart grows & grows. It felt like my uterus just went puuussshhh -- next size up, please! Kinda cool.

Anywho, back to the sewing table before it gets too late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 43 Old 09-20-2006, 03:24 AM

I am 13 weeks-ish I think. I always lose track...

I feel like I'm going crazy. I keep wondering if I am really pregnant. I mean it's like delusional (sp?). I am NOT sick anymore, NOT tired anymore, NOT showing, and having some cramping and weird mucus brown discharge (midwife says it's fine), neither of which I experienced in my first pregnancy, that I remember. I keep FEARING something is wrong with the baby, or that I'm not pregnant anymore. I don't know if it's pregnancy hormonal hysteria, or what.

I'm trying to remain really positive and just thrive in the good feeling of not being sick and still being able to wear regular clothes, but I feel like if I at least had a little belly this would feel a bit more real to me. I'm really hoping this passes soon.

Added to the fact I've only had one appointment with the MW and she keeps moving my next apt. back. All my questions have been via phone, which is fine, but I feel like I'm DYING to hear the heartbeat. I've thought about going to TARGET and buying one of those heartrate monitors just to hear it and then returning it. I'm telling you I'm going nuts.

Other than that, I'm fine. It's nice to get caught up, and I hope to be more upbeat next time. I usually am. Anyone else going crazy?

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

#33 of 43 Old 09-20-2006, 02:46 PM
jkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccohenou View Post
Glad to hear everyone's updates.

Nausea is mainly gone, except a tiny bit in the morning, and when I think about food I ate while nauseous, and whenever I see an ad for the Mc Donald's Snack Wrap (I have never eaten one, but they just sound so revolting )..
Oh, I know! They HAVE to stop airing that commercial, it makes me ill! Just seeing the words "McDonalds Snack Wrap" made my stomach turn!
#34 of 43 Old 09-20-2006, 02:51 PM

#35 of 43 Old 09-20-2006, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhammond View Post
I feel like I'm going crazy. I keep wondering if I am really pregnant. I mean it's like delusional (sp?). I am NOT sick anymore, NOT tired anymore, NOT showing, and having some cramping and weird mucus brown discharge (midwife says it's fine), neither of which I experienced in my first pregnancy, that I remember. I keep FEARING something is wrong with the baby, or that I'm not pregnant anymore. I don't know if it's pregnancy hormonal hysteria, or what.

I'm trying to remain really positive and just thrive in the good feeling of not being sick and still being able to wear regular clothes, but I feel like if I at least had a little belly this would feel a bit more real to me. I'm really hoping this passes soon.
Me. I am 14 weeks now. Second time around had gained lots of weight in the beginning and was way into maternity clothes by this tiime. So it feels really odd just for me to have a slightly bloated belly. And my belly is just because of digestive problems. I have tried to tell people that, but I don't think they care to hear about my digestive problems...I have a midwife apt tomorrow, so I am hoping to feel better after that. But just so you know you are not alone. I fear for this baby a little also. I just keep hearing stories of problems other people have had and wonder why I have been so lucky so far and wondering if it is my turn next, ya know? Oh the anxiety and paraniodness of being pregnant. I am sure I felt this was last time also. So i am trying not to let it get to me. I will be happy to hear the hb again and maybe for more thana second or two, we lost it last time.
#36 of 43 Old 09-20-2006, 04:00 PM

14 weeks 4 days here. I haven't had any nausea since 8 weeks (don't hate me lol!). I feel great! Seems like my body is starting to balance out and I don't look HUGE for 14 weeks now. Still tired a lot. On the weekends I sleep 11-12 hour nights which is oh so nice. Heard the heartbeat at 12 weeks 3 days and next appointment in 2 weeks. Oh my hypoglycemia kicked in at 11 weeks (always happens when preggo) which usually doesn't happen till after 20 weeks so that sucks. I have to constantly graze on protein foods and avoid bad carbs and sugar whaaaaaaaaa!!
#37 of 43 Old 09-20-2006, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceE&LsMom View Post
Oh my hypoglycemia kicked in at 11 weeks (always happens when preggo) which usually doesn't happen till after 20 weeks so that sucks. I have to constantly graze on protein foods and avoid bad carbs and sugar whaaaaaaaaa!!
Ouch -- mine is the opposite -- it actually goes away when I'm preggo & until my period returns (around 1 year pp)! I LOVE it, lol... Isn't it a pain having to criticize every food that crosses your plate?
#38 of 43 Old 09-20-2006, 05:06 PM

I'm 14 and a half weeks now, and starting to feel a little better. Morning sickness kicked in for me around 12 weeks, and I was sick daily, more then a few times, and sleeping alot. My house is still recovering from the messes I just havn't been able to deal with.

Last week we heard the heart beat and it was so special. With DS, we didn't even try to hear until close to 20 weeks - by that time, I knew there was a baby in there, since he wiggled around so much. It was just heartwarming to hear it so early this time.

I've noticed something I've been saying lately - when I talk to my son, I end up saying "do you want a brother and sister?" or "there's babies in there!". I usually catch myself and say brother or sister or there's a baby in there, but just the fact that I am subconsciously saying it is weirding me out. There better only be one in there! I'll be setting up my ultrasound appointment tomorrow for next month. I'm not a big fan of ultrasounds, but I will tolerate one to check up on the baby.

Hope you all are doing well. I'm looking forward to feeling movement in the next couple of weeks.
#39 of 43 Old 09-20-2006, 06:16 PM

About 14 weeks along now.

Still fighting with occasional nausea. Sometimes I think I can feel it kick, but I know its too early.

I still am a bit worried about not hearing the heartbeat at 12 weeks with thle midwife, but lots of mamas on here tell me they were in the same boat. And since I'm finally starting to show a little bit (while I'm laying down, at least!), I feel a little more at ease.

Its great to read updates on everyone!
#40 of 43 Old 09-20-2006, 10:26 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm about 13 weeks, and feeling okay. Nausea is mostly gone. Can only eat small meals (that's a HUGE change for me!) I'm starting to show more than just pudge - that's fun, I guess. Still in mostly regular bottoms with smaller sized maternity shirts (I like the longer length with a bit of room in them).

So far, so good! It is so nice to read the updates for everyone. I hope those of you who are still sick start to feel better!!
#41 of 43 Old 09-22-2006, 03:09 PM

not doing great today...
Still having the brown spotting/mucus, and went to MW today to hear heart. She couldn't find it, but said everything FEELS fine. SHe wanted to do an U/S just to check up, but of course my insurance doesn't cover the birthing center U/S, so I had to schedule one at another lab and they can't get me in for 2 weeks!!!!!! arg!!!!!!

I'm praying this baby is FINE.

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

#42 of 43 Old 09-22-2006, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Jodi -- I'm sorry about the uncertainty!! I know the two weeks will feel like a long time. I hope baby is doing fine in there -- hopefully s/he is just hiding from the doppler!
#43 of 43 Old 09-22-2006, 04:25 PM

Thanks Jenny. I really appreciate your kind words!

I actually called the lab back and demanded they get me in sooner. I now am scheduled for Tuesday. I actually feel okay, so I think I am okay. I just want to believe that is something were wrong my intuition would help me out a bit.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page