Check in -- how is everyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would love to hear how everyone is doing! How far along are you now? How are you feeling? Have you felt movements yet? Anything fun to share?

I'm 16 weeks tomorrow! I am feeling SO much better! I only get a little nauseated every now and then. I am getting my energy back, I've been playing lots with dd trying to make up for lost time, and my house is clean again! Last night when I woke up in the middle of the night, I felt all sorts of little movements and now that we've heard the hb I KNOW it's baby moving around in there! Whoo hoo!!!

How is everyone else??
#2 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 12:53 PM
jkg

I'm 14 weeks today, still very tired, but the nausea has let up a little. I still have pretty severe food aversions, though. All in all, I'm better than I was a few weeks ago.
#3 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 01:20 PM

I turned 12 weeks yesterday. (So jealous of your 16! )
Feeling maybe a bit less tired, though still taking long naps most days. Counting the days till 16 weeks since that is when I am giving myself a present of a 4D ultrasound- I JUST CANT WAIT!!!
A week ago we got to see baby via u/s and saw arms and legs kicking about and it was just so surreal. Like, I know there is a 3 inch baby in there, I definitely look pregnant, but its just still hard to believe! I am craving to feel baby moving sooo much!
What I *thought* was baby moving before definitely was NOT baby. I was way off on the location...
While having that u/s a week ago I asked my doctor "Hey if I poke my belly right now, would the u/s show it?" He goes Go ahead do it-shows me where to (very low) So I poke and OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I totally see it on the u/s! Like, I see the belly go in under the pressure of my hand and I see baby react! I dont know why it was so unbelievable to me but it was-I really felt like I can touch the baby, like I can communicate with her/him.
I also flew to Hawaii for 3 days for work and it sucked because they werent nice: and I didnt get to see the beatuful Hawaii because of how stupidly my tickets were booked.
So thats all the news with me, cant wait to read what everyone else is been up to!

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#4 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 02:02 PM

14 weeks tomorrow! I feel little whisper movements down low in my belly that I "think" is my baby..
I have been more nauseous this past week than ever before. i am so so hopin that at 16 weeks I will feel better too.. i have been depressed about it, worrying that i will be sick the whole time...
Still napping every day and getting some evening headaches.
so far, not fun yet!
but, I am excited about my little babe and I think we have a boy name and a girl name picked out!
#5 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 02:31 PM

Hi Jenny! I am almost 14 weeks and also starting to feel a LOT better, WOOT! I got some fun new maternity clothes for autumn and I am digging this cooler weather big-time. I have more energy and more patience for DD now so the days are more fun. Yippee for the 2nd trimester!
#6 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 03:09 PM

I'm about 12 1/2 weeks pregnant, and still feeling pretty good. I didn't get too much nausea, and I've been tired, but we also purchased a condo and are in the process of moving, so my DH is tired too (I don't feel like it's just me). We're going to try and hear the heartbeat today. I really hope the wee one cooperates because I still just haven't felt pregnant yet. I asked my DH if I've been emotional or anything and he said nope, that so far it's not anything like what he expected. Other than a few urps from meals, I really haven't felt much different. It's been a little odd.

The only thing I can point to that says "hey, maybe I really am pregnant" is that my linea negra is just starting to show... barely. That and I'm knocking things over with my breasts... need to figure out the new spatial limitations around my body!

Was that an overshare?

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#7 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 03:18 PM

I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow, and the nausea has let up a lot. I still have bad moments, like the night before last when I woke DH up at 2 am and told him he HAD to go buy me ginger ale RIGHT NOW. It's funny now, but at the time the nausea was so overpowering that I was desperate.

I'm still really tired, although not as bad as I was at 10 weeks-- I'm more like a tired mama now, instead of a torpid lizard. Not as extreme, KWIM?

I swear I feel flutters sometimes when I'm lying down, but they're too faint to be sure, and I still get phantom kicks under my ribs sometimes and I know THAT'S not the twins since they're clearly not that big yet, so I don't really trust what I feel. When they're really kicking, I'll know for sure it's them.

My boobs feel like somebody kicked them hard, though. I can barely stand to wear clothes sometimes, they're so sore.

I have this enormous belly! My cousin is 31 weeks along, and we're about the same size. People keep asking me when I'm due, and then I get to watch their jaws drop when I say not until March, and they say, "wow, you're going to be HUGE by then." Rude, yes, but I feel that way myself all the time, like totally astonished at what's happening to my body, so I guess I don't mind them saying it.

DD's starting to catch on-- every morning she points to my belly and says, "Babies. Two. Now?" and then has a little whining fit when I tell her that no, unfortunately today's not the day. Her sense of time is a little underdeveloped still....

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#8 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 03:51 PM

I'm 12 weeks along. I hadn't any m/s untill about a week ago. It isn't really bad, but enought to annoy me. I need to pee w/ every teaspoon of urine that my bladder fills up w/. Not as tired as I was though, so that is a plus.

I am starting to show, already. My last pregnancy you couldn't tell I was pregnant till around 20 weeks are so, but here I am. My DP is wanting to show my belly off to everybody and there mother (he is so excited), but I'm sorta embarrassed for some reason, or maybe its becuase I don't like being put on the spot, or perhaps its becuase it looks like I ate a truck load of twinkies instead of being pregnant. I don't know.

But besides that I am doing really well. Starting to clean my house again.
#9 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 04:47 PM

Hi all. I am 11 weeks 5 days today. I am no longer having morning sickness. I am just tired all the time and hungry every 2 hours. LOL Not to mention the getting up every 20 min to go to the bathroom. LOL The fun of pregnancy. DD Seems to be getting use to the idea of a baby in mommys tummy. I have my fist midwife apt tomorrow. I am very excited. But DH wont be able to get away from work to go so my mommy is going to come with me. I have fallen so far behind since I have been busy moving. I hope all you mommys are starting to feel better and are doing ok.
#10 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 04:49 PM

I will be 16 weeks tomorrow as well. I'm doing pretty well -- still quite tired, going to be at 8:30 and wanting a nap in the afternoon. HUNGRY!!!
#11 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 05:17 PM

16 weeks tomorrow. Nausea and actual vomiting are getting much worse, not better as they have been (by 12 weeks) in the past.

Glad to hear most people are feeling better!!!!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#12 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 05:26 PM

I am 13 weeks. I won't say I still have morning sickness. I never threw up and I am still not throwing up. But I feel sick most of the time and I can't eat much without feeling full. I am still tired, but not like I absolutly need a nap. But what is kicking my butt is the insominia. I am tossing and turning all night, having nightmares and when i wake up, an hour later, tired again. It is driving me batty. I also have the same horrible round ligament pains that I had last time. Have to make sure that I don't move too quickly, which is funny with a 4 and 2 yr old: But in all, it isn't bad. I know it could be worse, it was worse last time. I haven't gained much weight, compared to my last pregnancies. And i am not really showing, but I do have a faint line. Which is neat, have to look through the stretch marks So better than say two weeks ago, and hoping to be able to eat again soon. It is really hard making food for everyone else and only be picking at my food. My girls don't understand and think they don't have to eat anything now.
#13 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 06:04 PM

I'm 15.5 weeks along. I'm really tired, probably because I have to get up to use the bathroom almost as soon as I hit R.E.M. sleep. I'm going through another phase of feeling hungry on a constant basis! I have cravings that I have no problem filling (DH has been great about late-night 7-11 runs). I hardly have any pains this time. I got HUGE with my son, so I think I'm all stretched out for this one! At least so far...
I'm cranky, but not too bad. Not as crazy-moody as I was with my son. Mostly, I'm doing fine. It has been an easy pregnancy so far.

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#14 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 06:36 PM

I'm 13 weeks. Wow. I can't believe it's 13 weeks.

I'm feeling ok. Never really had m/s. Still feeling tired but not nearly as bad as when I was pregnant with DD. I think I'm going to have to start seeing the chiro more frequently because I've had a lot of soreness/stiffness.

No movements yet. I wish, then hopefully I'd be able to relax a little more.

I am already feeling a bit big. I didn't show with DD until way way late (like at 8 months) and wore mostly my normal "fat" clothes. I can't really wear any of my regular pants, maybe one pair. I should probably get some more maternity stuff

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#15 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 09:39 PM

I'll be 16 weeks on Friday! I feel much better, no more nausea and my energy has returned - although I still like my afternoon nap with dd!
I still don't look pregnant just a bit thick around the middle. Oh, and my skin is so broken out! I thought I was supposed to look glowing!
#16 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 10:13 PM

14 weeks today.

I'm big. I've been in maternity clothes since about week 6, but still. I'm big.

I've been feeling tiny little movements for about two weeks. I know it's still really early, but I know. I've done this twice before and the timing makes sense - after I drink something cold or eat a meal/sweet...

I feel great, but my sense of smell is still really hightened. My mom took the kids and I out to dinner tonight and the whole restaurant smelled like feet. I've eaten there tons of times so I know it's a good place, but YUCK!

My boobs feel like big hard mountains. Painful mountains. I've outgrown my bras and am only fitting into my old nursing bras. Not fun when you start out as a 42DD. They hurt so badly. It's never been like this before.

I think I'm measuring big as well. At my appointment I was 11w6d and measured 13cm. I measured myself today (several times) and kept getting 17cm. I know how to measure for fundal height, but that number keeps freaking me out!!
#17 of 43 Old 09-13-2006, 10:14 PM

I will be 14 weeks on Friday and am feeling pretty well. Still a little tired, but I am a lot less nauseated. I think I have felt a few small movements but nothing definite yet.
#18 of 43 Old 09-14-2006, 12:58 AM

15 weeks today. The nausea has let up for the most part, but the tiredness still comes and goes. I hope the energy high I had from 4-8 months with my first pg kicks in this time too, but it's taking longer, if it's coming! Still waiting for kicks - a few tickles that "might" be the baby, but nothing certain yet.

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#19 of 43 Old 09-14-2006, 12:59 AM

I'm 11.5 weeks. The m/s is letting up and the fatigue is getting better as well - it helps that ds is sleeping better again. Thank goodness!

I'm in that annoying stage where I don't really fit into my regular clothes but look silly in maternity. More and more I'm saying to heck with it and choosing comfy maternity clothes over the regular stuff.

Wow, I can't believe some of you are 16 weeks already!! It's going fast! :
#20 of 43 Old 09-14-2006, 01:15 AM

Mavournin, I wouldn't worry too much about fundal height. With my second, I measured between 3 to 5 weeks aheaad until 36 weeks. This time my uterus popped above my pubic bone at 6 weeks. Yeah, 6 weeks, freaked me out. It is now about halfway to my belly button, I am only 13 weeks. With subsequent pregnancies, it is not an uncommon thing. Though I will say, just like with my last one, I will feel a little better when I have a ultrasound and see if there are twins. But neither one of my midwives either time thought that how much I measured ahead was worth an ultrasound.
#21 of 43 Old 09-14-2006, 01:35 AM

14.5 weeks here. I had a brief m/s reprieve but it has been back in pretty full swing. I am exhausted and seem to get nothing done. I yell at my two year old too much and I am just kind of fried. I am pretty darn sensitive lately - I am hoping I will snap out of this funk pretty soon. I am 20 lbs overweight so I am not really showing but I hate all of my clothes but it feels too soon for maternity since I am not really showing, just fat. man, I am a big ray of sunshine today, huh?
#22 of 43 Old 09-14-2006, 02:09 AM

hey 16 weeks tomorrow. Today I made a bit of a consciencous decision to have fun and laugh with dd. I've been kind of grumpy lately. We felt the baby move two nights ago!!! so my hand has been on my belly since then.
And I just started to eat again and be able to cook.
#23 of 43 Old 09-14-2006, 02:11 PM

I'm 12 weeks, one day today and feeling pretty great! I think the insomnia and fatigue are mostly behind me...Woo-hoo!

My DH is calling me Bajoran (you'll only get it if you're a Star Trek junkie!!) : because I've been sneezing like crazy for the last few weeks--they apparently sneeze all throughout pregnancy! Just call me Kira! :

I told my very first IRL person about the pregnancy yesterday! Wow, it felt so good! My boss took me to lunch, thinking we were going to discuss my problems with my "assistant" (oooh, don't get me started on him!), but instead I dropped the bombshell that I'm quitting in two weeks, and it's because I'm pregnant and going to become a SAHM! He's really happy for me and probably said "Congratulations" a dozen times (in between my :, of course!). I'll stay on part time to train my replacement and teach my boss the aspects of my job that only I know how to do. Other than that, I'm home free! My MIL should get her announcement "gift" in the mail today and call us tonight while she's opening it. I can't wait!

Stepping out of the pregnancy closet is fun! I'm sooo giddy! I'm telling the rest of my co-workers tomorrow cuz hopefully we'll hear the heartbeat at this afternoon's office visit!
#24 of 43 Old 09-14-2006, 03:16 PM

15 1/2 weeks, phenomenally hungry, ridiculously exhausted. I'm eating like a hobbit--breakfast, second breakfast, elevenzies, lunch, second lunch, you get the idea. I'm sleeping 9+ hours per night, then still taking a nap in the afternoon. Anemia signs started showing up--fatigue, pale gums and conjunctiva--so made hubby take me out to the vitamin store for some alfalfa tabs and hoping that they kick in soon. Had another US last week, just before I "fired" my doctor, where she revealed the sex of the baby--which I didn't want to know. Like a few of you, I've been in maternity clothes for some time now. Started bloating up at about 6 weeks and couldn't tolerate waistbands anymore. 25 weeks to go!
#25 of 43 Old 09-14-2006, 03:36 PM

I'm losing track...I think I'm 16 wks?? Not quite sure, don't really care much about that.

Feeling what I think are movements a couple of times per day, but not 100% positive that is indeed baby movement.

I'm able to eat a little better, but my food aversions are still wicked. I keep losing weight little by little and am now just 3lbs above pre-preg weight...still perfectly ok.

Not sleeping well at night, waking every hour. That stinks.

Fully into my maternity clothes, need to take another belly pic soon.

I'm still tired starting around 2pm but fighting off naps because I sleep better at night when I don't nap.

NOthing really to report, just rambling.

So happy to hear everyone is doing wonderfully!
#26 of 43 Old 09-14-2006, 03:59 PM

Glad to hear everyone's updates.
I'm 12 weeks + some days. We've told the kids and our parents, and no one has reacted as poorly as I might have thought (or they're keeping it to themselves). Although my dad said my dh better be sure and get 'gelded.' Lovely. Having 3 kids in 4 years brings it out in people I guess.

I'm dithering on a care provider...been seeing my OB from my last pregnancy who is a good guy and respectful of my autonomy but is certainly not thrilled about my planning a vaginal birth after 2 cesareans. He won't railroad me or kick me out of the practice, but I'd like to find someone a little more positive (and who still takes my insurance and has hospital privileges). Went to see a CNM today but she's not sure she can do it and I'm not sure my insurance will pay.

Feeling-wise, I am SO much better. I still get super tired around 1 or 2 pm and often have to nap for a minute, but I fight it because I am so groggy and can't wake up if I do nap. Also, dd has taken to waking up at 4, 4:30, 4:45, 5, 5:15, 5:20, 5:35, 5:45, and then I give up and get up with her at 6. Torture.

Nausea is mainly gone, except a tiny bit in the morning, and when I think about food I ate while nauseous, and whenever I see an ad for the Mc Donald's Snack Wrap (I have never eaten one, but they just sound so revolting )..

Got to see the babe again recently to check for a heartbeat. Apparently I have an anterior placenta and a retroverted uterus that's making it hard to catch. But the placenta is *not* over the prior cesarean scars, so hooray for that. Saw him/her jumping and waving arms, very sweet.
#27 of 43 Old 09-14-2006, 07:44 PM

I'm 13 weeks today. Still in some of my regular pants, but a few maternity shirts but not quite wearing them yet. No m/s at all this pg. I am getting VERY tired though. I took a nap for 3 hours yesterday before I got up to go to bed! Although my tiredness may be from me not getting the naps I got on vacation last week. Hmmmm, need another vacation that lasts till March! So, all in all I'm doing great!

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
#28 of 43 Old 09-15-2006, 11:08 AM

It is so nice that most of us are feeling better and I hope the ones that aren't yet will be feeling better VERY soon.

I am 13.5 weeks and so glad to be feeling better. I have had some tummy troubles the last few days but that is normal for me throughout the pregnancy. I am just glad the nausea is gone!

I need to get a hold of my diet a bit better, I'm not really happy with what I have been eating - Sonic yesterday It just seems that food sounds so much better when I am out and about. I am really enjoying food, just not the kind of food I make Though last night I did make a killer mostaciolli and super yummy salad. I guess that is the good news, I am loving salads! The bad news is that I have been craving coffee. I didn't want it at all at the beginning and unplugged the coffee maker and put it away but some days I really want a cup.
I had replaced my morning coffee with pregnancy tea but that ran out. I really need to order some off the internet because WF stopped carrying it : I like to make a big pot and drink it cold

I also need to get my butt in the gym. I had the nausea excuse for a while and now I am more tired that normal but I really should be in the gym most days, it's just about making it a habt again.

I am wearing maternity shorts but usually my regular tees since most of my maternity tees are still too big. I guess I'll be glad when I am showing a bit more and look more pegnant and less chubby

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#29 of 43 Old 09-15-2006, 04:04 PM

Hi All,
so good to hear everyone is doing well! I just passed the 13 week mark, so I guess I'm "officially" starting my 2nd trimester. Yayy!! I saw the baby a couple weeks ago at my u/s, and even the doctor commented he/she is an acive one. I really think I feel movements every now and then. I know its early, but I felt my first daughter at 16 weeks, so you never know!

Anyways, I'm going for my 3 hour glucose tolerance test on Tuesday (having miserably failed the 1 hour). Just a bit nervous there. I've already switched back to my GD diet and have included lots of prickly pears (thank god they are in season now), cooking with cinnamon and tumeric. Hoping for a miracle! ha ha!

Anyway, can't wait to hear how everyone is doing in the upcoming 6 or so months!!
#30 of 43 Old 09-19-2006, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad most everyone is feeling better. My heart goes out to those of you who are still sick (Savmay, Mizelenius, Valerie, Bo... hugs to you and hope you feel great soon!)

Look at this multi-quote feature, so cool!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMySofie View Post
I also flew to Hawaii for 3 days for work and it sucked because they werent nice: and I didnt get to see the beatuful Hawaii because of how stupidly my tickets were booked.
Ohh, that is too bad about no sight-seeing. I feel for you... whenever I travel for my work, the most exotic thing I get time to do is browse in the hotel giftshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyra View Post
DD's starting to catch on-- every morning she points to my belly and says, "Babies. Two. Now?" and then has a little whining fit when I tell her that no, unfortunately today's not the day. Her sense of time is a little underdeveloped still....
That is soo cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavournin View Post
I feel great, but my sense of smell is still really hightened. My mom took the kids and I out to dinner tonight and the whole restaurant smelled like feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by didkisa View Post
My DH is calling me Bajoran (you'll only get it if you're a Star Trek junkie!!) : because I've been sneezing like crazy for the last few weeks--they apparently sneeze all throughout pregnancy! Just call me Kira! :
Don't worry, there's always at least one person here who will get your Star Trek jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccohenou View Post

Got to see the babe again recently to check for a heartbeat. Apparently I have an anterior placenta and a retroverted uterus that's making it hard to catch. But the placenta is *not* over the prior cesarean scars, so hooray for that. Saw him/her jumping and waving arms, very sweet.
Glad the placenta isn't over the scars! I hope you are having some luck finding a provider you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillMom View Post

Anyways, I'm going for my 3 hour glucose tolerance test on Tuesday (having miserably failed the 1 hour). Just a bit nervous there. I've already switched back to my GD diet and have included lots of prickly pears (thank god they are in season now), cooking with cinnamon and tumeric. Hoping for a miracle! ha ha!
Oh no. I hope you passed the 3hr today!!!

Loved hearing all the updates.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page