Spotlight on PAISLEY! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMySofie View Post
Alllllllright Ben's Mother! Just because I havent been posting lately, you think you can steal MY questions? Do you?
Jeans or skirt, thong or granny pants - SHAME. ON. YOU. HAVE SOME NOODLES.
Sorry. I didn't know when you'd be back, so SOMEONE had to ask those important questions!

Mmmmmm noodles.......

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
#62 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 10:57 AM

Hey look......page FOUR!

#63 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 01:36 PM

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#64 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 06:02 PM

Oh my god I want your avocados! ()
Heh heh. Isn't there a requirement that you are supposed to behave yourself as a mod? I think you are the sauciest mod I know!

And I don't care what silly things like measurements and midwives say, I'm so teasing you about twins until one and only one comes out!
(A really deep and thought-provoking response, I know. )

Oh, wait, must add a question... What are you having/did you have for dinner tonight? (Profound, no? )
Dh made fresh pasta and used it to roll up little parcels of a ground turkey, spinach (frozen ), and ricotta mixture. It was totally made up and so good. Then he topped that with tomato sauce and mozzarella and served with his famous garlic bread and cesar salad - everything organic.
#65 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 06:05 PM

Heh, good luck getting those avocados! I've been trying for quite some time, but unfortunately I'd have to take quite a loooooong road trip to get them. Maybe next time I'm out to visit my sis I'll have to come steal some!
I've FedEx'd them before but I don't know how that turned out. They are some weird variety. They go from ripe to rotten in 24 hours or less so they aren't grown commercially.

Ok, so speaking of avocados..... What is your favorite thing to make with them? Or do you eat them right off of the tree like an orange??
We make a lot of guacamole. A lot. Never a doubt what we bring to a late summer potluck. I also like them just straight up with some yellow mustard. So yummy!
#66 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 06:11 PM

Alllllllright Ben's Mother! Just because I havent been posting lately, you think you can steal MY questions? Do you?
Jeans or skirt, thong or granny pants - SHAME. ON. YOU. HAVE SOME NOODLES.

"Have some noodles!"

Dear El Presidente,
forgive my late posting in this thread. I have no excuse.
Please accept this generous offering of chocolate covered sushi
(could I have the sushi part, please?)

Deal.

Well well well. Since MY questions have been stolen Ima have to come up with some new ones here.

What color are your eyes?

Hazel. :

Would you pose naked pregnant on a cover of a magazine? (tastefully done of course!)
Probably not. I don't have one of those cute pregnant bellies that would sell lots of magazines. Unless it was the Albino Zebra Look-A-Likes Quarterly.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint chip - the white stuff, not the green.

Where do you buy your panties?
Mostly Victoria's Secret but I just got some organic ones from a Blue Canoe Co-op and they are really nice.

Do you see how stupid my questions are?
Do you want me to answer that? Just kidding! They are great, minimal thinking required.

well. thats not my fault. because MY good questions were STOLEN.
I know. Can you believe it? Just because she's the Ramen Priestess doesn't mean she can... Oh, hi Sandy! :

But you didn't ask your signature question! The one I have been waiting for. Don't you want to know if I like sushi??
#67 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben's Mommy View Post
Hey look......page FOUR!
Sweet!

I would now like to take a moment to thank all the people who got us to where we are today, here on page four. From the meaningful to the basic, the profound to the absurd, you ladies and your inquiring minds have made this ridiculously long thread possible. I thank each and every one of you for making my dream of multiple pages of silliness come true. Thank you, thank you.
:
#68 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

I'm saucy? You're the one walking around with me in your front pocket!

DP is going to be in training somewhere south of LA for a week sometime in December (I can't go ). Want him to take you out for chocolate-covered-avocado-sushi on the company dime?

We got over 8 hours left! Wanna go for FIVE pages of increasingly ridiculous silliness and (chocolate avocado-y) sauciness?
#69 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Know any good avocado soup recipes? I don't know any, but I've had some good avocado soup.
#70 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

What do you like in your guacamole? (Me, I'm a plain kind o'gal - just avocado, lime juice, and salt )
#71 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Does this smilie disturb anyone else?
#72 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Dh made fresh pasta and used it to roll up little parcels of a ground turkey, spinach (frozen ), and ricotta mixture. It was totally made up and so good. Then he topped that with tomato sauce and mozzarella and served with his famous garlic bread and cesar salad - everything organic.
Okay, what gives: your DH is a bearded hottie AND he cooks? I can't seem to get my DH to grow a beard (my secret fetish..) and he just doesn't get cooking at all... sigh:
So when you move to Portland, how much influence do you think your husband would be willing to have over mine??
#73 of 85 Old 09-23-2006, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisley View Post

But you didn't ask your signature question! The one I have been waiting for. Don't you want to know if I like sushi??

But of course I want to know! I was saving the best for last!

: DO YOU LIKE SUSHI???:

Do you salivate at the thought of sashimi?

Get aroused at the site of a spicy tuna handroll?

Marvel at the wonder that is albacore sushi?

Or are you nothing but a california roll lover?

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#74 of 85 Old 09-24-2006, 09:00 AM

Quote:

Do you have a cell phone? Were you an early adopter, or a long-rejecting technophobe?
Yes but I held out for a long time. I don't really like to use it. And come to think of it, I haven't seen it in three weeks. Hmmm...
Darn I had hoped you were a hold out with me! Am I alone in this club?

Quote:
Describe your dream house. (Ok, that wasn't really a question - um... describe your dream house, please? )
I really want to have a cool, eco-groovy house. Do you ever read Mother Earth News? Like the ones in there. Passive solar and panels with a grid inter-tie, solar hot water heaters, wind or water power as applicable, a greywater system, root cellar, extensive organic gardens. I'm not so much attached to the looks of the house (on the outside at least) as much as the functionality of it. I would love to buy a huge chunk of land somewhere, build a smallish house on it and leave the rest undeveloped as sort of a preserve.
We have a completed house plan drawing for a straw bale...interested? Oh, and we have a piece of land in the middle of an EcoVillage in Virginia (100+ acres, 85% undeveloped and certified organic) if ya wanna buy it...:
#75 of 85 Old 09-25-2006, 01:30 AM

Sorry for the delay here. I've been really distracted with Arwyn rolling around in my front pocket like that.

DP is going to be in training somewhere south of LA for a week sometime in December (I can't go ). Want him to take you out for chocolate-covered-avocado-sushi on the company dime?
Why can't you go? Boo. I'm always up for a free dinner with good company, but we are a couple hours north of LA so that would be a hell of a drive for him.

We got over 8 hours left! Wanna go for FIVE pages of increasingly ridiculous silliness and (chocolate avocado-y) sauciness?
8 hours? Peh. I balk at the idea of time deadlines for such divine silliness.

Know any good avocado soup recipes? I don't know any, but I've had some good avocado soup.
A friend tried to give me her favorite recipe over the phone once but I got totally lost and promptly forgot it.

What do you like in your guacamole? (Me, I'm a plain kind o'gal - just avocado, lime juice, and salt )
With all these avocados, I have it pretty well perfected. Lime or lemon juice, cumin, a pinch of chili powder, finely minced garlic, salt and pepper. I'm usually against such additions as cilantro and tomato because they mess with the texture.

Does this smilie disturb anyone else?
No, I love it!
#76 of 85 Old 09-25-2006, 01:35 AM

Okay, what gives: your DH is a bearded hottie AND he cooks?
Oh yeah, baby. He rocks my world!

I can't seem to get my DH to grow a beard (my secret fetish..) and he just doesn't get cooking at all... sigh:
I talked him into it a while ago, "just to see what it would look like". It's been about 4 years and he's wanted to shave it a couple times, but the thought of having to deal with beard tan lines has been enough to stop him.

The cooking thing started out of necessity. I can't cook to save my life :, so he stepped up and actually enjoys it. Alton Brown from the Food Network has been a great influence too.

So when you move to Portland, how much influence do you think your husband would be willing to have over mine??
Maybe dh can teach classes as a public service.
#77 of 85 Old 09-25-2006, 01:38 AM

But of course I want to know! I was saving the best for last!

: DO YOU LIKE SUSHI???:

Do you salivate at the thought of sashimi?

Get aroused at the site of a spicy tuna handroll?

Marvel at the wonder that is albacore sushi?

Or are you nothing but a california roll lover?

: I like veggie sushi. : My favorite is from Cafe Tomo up in Arcata, an inside-out roll with avocado and tempura yam. I dream about it sometimes.

Do you still love me?
#78 of 85 Old 09-25-2006, 01:45 AM

Good for you for being a hold out! You aren't missing much. I originally got mine when I moved from CA to MT by myself in college. It made me feel safer knowing I could call for help if my car broke down, etc. Now I pretty much only use it when I am out grocery shopping and I can't remember what kind of beer dh wanted.

We have a completed house plan drawing for a straw bale...interested? Oh, and we have a piece of land in the middle of an EcoVillage in Virginia (100+ acres, 85% undeveloped and certified organic) if ya wanna buy it...:

That sounds wonderful! Why are you not there yet? I would be interested but I know it would break Arywn's heart if I didn't move to Portland with her.
#79 of 85 Old 09-25-2006, 01:53 AM

And now to round out the longest Spotlight thread in March DDC history to date, here is the first ever belly pic of me (just as a little reward to whoever is still reading this ). Dh took this, candid camera style, at the farmer's market last weekend. See how my belly is looking to the watermelons for inspiration?

We also saw an obscure celebrity and I was too chicken to say hi to her.
#80 of 85 Old 09-25-2006, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Good for you for being a hold out! You aren't missing much. I originally got mine when I moved from CA to MT by myself in college. It made me feel safer knowing I could call for help if my car broke down, etc. Now I pretty much only use it when I am out grocery shopping and I can't remember what kind of beer dh wanted.
Oh, right....you're a youngin'! When I was in college, there were still lots and lots of pay phones everywhere and people were nice and actually stopped to help you if your car broke down! And only a few elite and very wealthy individuals had cell phones, and they were the size of small SUVs.

Quote:

That sounds wonderful! Why are you not there yet? I would be interested but I know it would break Arywn's heart if I didn't move to Portland with her.
Cuz we've decided to move to Portland instead! No, seriously, it's true! But more than that...the cost to build our home shot up by $100K since we bought the property five years ago. Too bleepin expensive to live there now :, although it sure is beautiful!
#81 of 85 Old 09-25-2006, 07:44 PM

What a beautiful belly mama! Now where's that pic of your hot hubby?

#82 of 85 Old 09-26-2006, 12:45 AM

Oh, right....you're a youngin'! When I was in college, there were still lots and lots of pay phones everywhere and people were nice and actually stopped to help you if your car broke down! And only a few elite and very wealthy individuals had cell phones, and they were the size of small SUVs.
Wow, you mean the kind that you put that round silver money in? I think I saw one of those once when I was a kid. :nana: j/k!

Cuz we've decided to move to Portland instead! No, seriously, it's true! But more than that...the cost to build our home shot up by $100K since we bought the property five years ago. Too bleepin expensive to live there now :, although it sure is beautiful!

Yay, Colleen in Portland! I know all about expensive real estate. There's a 3/1 down the street which is now going for the bargain rate of $1.295 million. A steal from its original price of $1.5 million. No joke. :
#83 of 85 Old 09-26-2006, 12:45 AM

Am I allowed to keep bumping this thread? :
#84 of 85 Old 09-26-2006, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

No.

We would have every right to impeach you.

Or hold a recall vote.
#85 of 85 Old 09-26-2006, 12:49 AM

Oh sure, try me with a recount. You may be riding up front but I've got Diebold in my back pocket.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page