I do NOT feel PREGNANT!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-04-2006, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am *16* weeks as of yesterday. That, (of course), is over a THIRD DONE with this pregnancy. DP is about to take some belly pics and I'm gonna post em on the board, but if all these websites are right, then the lil one is about 4.5 inches right now and weighs almost a QUARTER POUND. So WHY am i NOT SHOWING??? Shouldn't I be BIGGER???

Is this ever going to feel real??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This worries the SNOT out of me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 10-04-2006, 06:03 PM

I still feel this way also. i was 16 weeks Monday. I have gained 7 pounds, and am currently still wearing my pre preg pants. Now only a few pair fit me, but still, some still fit me. Even the first time around I think I was showing more than I am right now. I look a little thicker in the middle, but I can feel my uterus, it is almost to my belly button. But for some reason, it hasn't popped out yet. The second time around I was showing showing by 3 months. I don't quite understand it. But I have also heard the heartbeat twice, so I shouldn't be worried, but I still feel a little odd. That and I have energy again, and food doesn't gross me out. So besides everytime my dd latches on : pain, nothing really feels any different. BUT speaking from experience of a not so great pregnancy last time around, kinda enjoy this. It could be absolultly miserable. I had such severe hearthburn last time that no food didn't make me feel sick and the only way I was slightly more comfy was to be standing. I barely got any sleep. And soon you will probably start feeling those kicks and everything and feeling that daily will make you believe you are pregnant: So if you have anything you want to get done before the baby comes, do it now, you will get it half done and then, this is just murphys law, you will start getting all these pregnancy symptoms and not be able to finish
#3 of 13 Old 10-04-2006, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

eeeee! a pregnancy warning! "get things done NOOOOOOW!"

this is my second pregnancy, first child. first time around i just remember feeling so much more *connected* than i do. (first pregnancy ended at exactly where i am now- 16 weeks) but you're right- hopefully when i start feeling more of those flutters, and start getting bombarded with little painful kicks to the ribs, i'll feel more pregnant than i do now.

i'm sorry to hear you're feeling the same way.
#4 of 13 Old 10-04-2006, 07:38 PM

I didn't show when pregnant with my DD until near the end. . 7.5-8 months (but I'm chunky and have huge boobs. . .it takes a lot for my belly to even think about catching up to where my boobs are). My belly feels bigger this time around, but honestly I still just look fat. It doesn't seem real though. I'm looking forward to feeling real and regular movement. It can be nerve wracking.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#5 of 13 Old 10-04-2006, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Definitely. It was nice, however, to hear this recognized by a mw. She was awesome! I miss her! (Just too far for us to travel to)
#6 of 13 Old 10-04-2006, 09:07 PM

During my first pregnancy, I did not really show until about 6 months. This time, I am still not showing a lot at almost 17 weeks. I just look like I am gaining weight.
#7 of 13 Old 10-04-2006, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemommy View Post
I didn't show when pregnant with my DD until near the end. . 7.5-8 months (but I'm chunky and have huge boobs. . .it takes a lot for my belly to even think about catching up to where my boobs are). My belly feels bigger this time around, but honestly I still just look fat. It doesn't seem real though. I'm looking forward to feeling real and regular movement. It can be nerve wracking.
Wow, you could have taken all these words right out of my mouth. I'm exactly the same way. I'm 15w4d, and look like I did at the beginning. I want to look it, but not feel it. I'm also feeling less connected w/this PG than I did with my first. I blame it on chasing around a 13 month old, but I still wish I had the dreamy love feeling I did the first go round...*sigh*.
#8 of 13 Old 11-17-2006, 02:31 PM

I didn't feel pregnant at all until maybe a week ago?!? & I'm 24 weeks... I had no symptoms - no morning sickness or sore boobs or anything like that! I only started to grow a little bump within the past couple weeks & only started to feel the baby slightly move in the past week!! I think with the first pregnancy eveything just takes longer to happen, but you're not alone! Sometimes now I still don't even feel pregnant!
#9 of 13 Old 11-17-2006, 02:41 PM

With DD I didn't look or feel preggo until 20+ weeks. It was really irritating cuz all I felt was fat. (I was so distressed about the fat feeling that I went out and bought a workout video and sweatpants. Never did the video and the pants turned out to be my favorite pgy pants.)
to you mamas out of sorts,

Preggo Bonus:
Bodies change so fast when you least expect it- and so do moods!
#10 of 13 Old 11-17-2006, 03:05 PM

I told a friend the other day that sometimes I forget I'm pregnant. I've gotten used to the little movements (the big ones still catch me off guard), and kind of used to the bigger tummy. And I keep thinking I don't really look pregnant, but I can't say that anymore! I went to visit DH at school last week, and one of his second grade students asked me later if I was having a baby Guess I'm showing now.

I've been doing measurements every week, and this past week, both my "waist" and my belly went up an inch and a half! I guess that's "popped", huh? And last night, I was pushing on my belly and felt something SHARP and POINTY! I had DH feel and he felt it too. It was WEIRD! An elbow or a heel, I guess. I just giggled, it was such weird feeling!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#11 of 13 Old 11-18-2006, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Still not feeling completely pregnant. I'm in the process of selling things around the house, and had one guy come today to pick up a circular saw. Told him I was expecting and was 22 weeks, and he just kinda looked at me like he didn't believe me. Luckily his 22 year old daughter jumped in and saved me by saying that a friend of hers didn't start showing until she was about 30 weeks. I don't know if that's true or not, but it was sweet of a stranger to offer the sentiment, I suppose.

On a positive(?) note, we have an ultrasound on Tuesday, and our last appointment with the birth center.
#12 of 13 Old 11-18-2006, 08:53 PM

Yep, still there also. Is it wrong that I got upset today that I can still wear a pair of pre pregnancy pants? I have gained weight, but just like my previous pregnancies it is all around. But I was laying on my back last night, and my husband said even laying on your back you don't look pregnant. Some days my belly is popped out some more others, like today I guess, the baby is hiding near my back. I feel lots of movement and can find the hb, but no big preggy belly yet
#13 of 13 Old 11-18-2006, 10:46 PM

I just noticed that my belly sticks out farther than my boobs. Must have just happened in the last day or so! That'll make me feel pregnant, I guess.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page