Anyone else have 3 or more of the same sex?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-08-2006, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We found out last week that we are having another little girl. After some initial shock(I really felt that it was a boy) and a little disappointment I am so happy to be having another daughter. Of course there is always someone commmenting on "trying again" for a boy? What do you say to those people? It is mainly extented family for us--not anyone close to us.

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 11-08-2006, 08:43 PM

I have 3 sons right now, and am pg with a little girl. I do think people expect you to "try" for the opposite sex of whatever you already have b/c it is seen as somehow "completing" a family to have children of both sexes.

We actually did try for a girl this time, but we were certainly open to another boy...and we knew that this would be my last pg. Before we found out baby is a girl, whenever people would make remarks about how we must be hoping for a girl (or whatever lame thing came out) I would just say "We'll take whatever it is and be happy--we're just blessed to have this baby." And I meant it
#3 of 13 Old 11-09-2006, 01:05 AM

I had the opposite going on from you -- I had 2 boys and when I got unexpectedly pg, I just assumed (& kinda felt) that this one was my girl. After all, I had always kinda wanted 2 boys then a girl... I failed to take into account that this little one was determined enough to "get in" when we were attempting to avoid, so why would I think he would be the gender I expected?

What I have told people in the last day or so since I found out is this: "of course it would have been a neat, kinda "new" adventure to have the other gender, but who wouldn't/couldn't love a houseful of boys!?" I thought that summed up my feelings pretty well.

Ligmom...I never told you -- I watched Love Actually and absolutely LOVE it! What a hysterical, awesome movie! I've watched it (at least) 10-15 times in the last couple months. You have rockin' good taste in movies, woman!
#4 of 13 Old 11-09-2006, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonamon View Post
I had the opposite going on from you -- I had 2 boys and when I got unexpectedly pg, I just assumed (& kinda felt) that this one was my girl. After all, I had always kinda wanted 2 boys then a girl... I failed to take into account that this little one was determined enough to "get in" when we were attempting to avoid, so why would I think he would be the gender I expected?

What I have told people in the last day or so since I found out is this: "of course it would have been a neat, kinda "new" adventure to have the other gender, but who wouldn't/couldn't love a houseful of boys!?" I thought that summed up my feelings pretty well.

Ligmom...I never told you -- I watched Love Actually and absolutely LOVE it! What a hysterical, awesome movie! I've watched it (at least) 10-15 times in the last couple months. You have rockin' good taste in movies, woman!

Why, thanks : I'm so glad you enjoyed it...I thought you would, 'cause it's just awesome!

Oh, and just a reminder (i'm sure you know this already)...having a new son can be a "new adventure", too. Trust me. My # 3 is certainly one of a kind and COMPLETELY different than my other boys

So excited to hear about your new son
#5 of 13 Old 11-09-2006, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligmom View Post
Oh, and just a reminder (i'm sure you know this already)...having a new son can be a "new adventure", too. Trust me. My # 3 is certainly one of a kind and COMPLETELY different than my other boys
I'm sure -- my first 2 are about polar opposites -- it is by no means the same ole' same ole'!
#6 of 13 Old 11-09-2006, 03:25 PM

We have three girls and are not finding out what this one is. Everyone is upset that they are going to have to wait and see, but dh is saying that this is it...so, we thought it would be nice to have a surprise. Dh is hoping this one is a boy...I really don't care either way. Just a happy, healthy baby is all I want. If it's another girl, at least we won't need to buy any new clothes! I do like what our dd2 says when asked if the baby is a boy or a girl. "It's not a boy, it's not a girl, it's a BABY."

As far as how I handle those comments...I just try not to take it seriously and usually just say yeah. Or dh says we'll keep trying till we have one...and then I'll add that I have to have at least 2 boys. Which then usually gets them, b/c they start with the you could end up with 14 girls or something. When it boils down to it, it's really none of their business, so I just feel it really doesn't matter how I reply to them. I just try not to be rude....besides mine and dh's mind is apt to change at any point, he initially only wanted one, then we wanted as many as we could have, and now we're on to 4 is it. So, we'll see.
#7 of 13 Old 11-09-2006, 08:26 PM

We have 3 boys and I just found out #4 is a girl (so they say????) I love having my 3 boys and wouldnt trade them for anything. I had a hard time after my u/s with baby boy #3, then I felt guilty for feeling disappointed. Eli (#3) is an absoulte doll, he's a terror but he's just so adorable lol.
Jackie
#8 of 13 Old 11-10-2006, 03:17 PM

I'm glad we found out, I like to be mentally prepared for what we're having. When we were going for our U/S, my mother said don't even tell me if it's not a girl, or something like that. I found people who were worried that *I* would be disappointed with 'another' boy were the ones who were disappointed themselves. It's a healthy happy baby, of course I'm excited about another boy, and that's exactly what I tell anyone who has the gall to mention it.

I do feel for my oldest boy though, he's 4, and was quite sad he's not getting a baby sister.

Tricia

SAHM mom of 3 beautiful boys - Aug/02, Jan/05, Mar/07.
#9 of 13 Old 11-11-2006, 03:09 AM

My boyfriend has 2 girls and we just found out we are having a girl. I also felt so sure this was a boy, and he really wanted a boy, AND his daughter that lives with us wanted a little brother.
Maybe it was too much wishing! I wouldn't mind trying for another, since it is my first baby. But it is a lot for my boyfriend, his oldest daughter lives with us, the other daughter, well we didn't even know she existed until 5 months ago!
I have always wanted one of each, but I also wanted the boy first, I really do hope I can try for a boy later, but it would just be a big shock if it was another girl. I think we will think about it after when we are financially ready to talk about another :-)
#10 of 13 Old 11-15-2006, 02:09 AM

Checking in with 3 boys and expecting (Twins)! We are in hopes of course for at least one being a girl but 2 more boys like another poster said who couldn't/wouldn't love a house full of boys!!! We are not finding out the sex either like another poster said until the D-Day! So we will see??
Kelly
#11 of 13 Old 11-15-2006, 06:22 PM

We just found out we are having boy #2. Everyone was disappointed (even us a little) but I hate the "trying for a girl next time?" questions and remarks. The only way we will have a third child is because we would like another child. It seem silly to us to have another child mainly for the hopes that we'll get the gender we want!! What if we had a third boy??? Then they would feel REALLY bad for us.
#12 of 13 Old 11-16-2006, 11:38 AM

We have 2 girls & 1boy and just found out our 4th is another girl!

They are all so different...we kid around that our #2 shoudl really have been a boy...since she is the most rowdy/spirited one SO FAR in the bunch.
#13 of 13 Old 07-22-2007, 12:35 AM

Forgot to post with the news!!! January we now have a total of 4 Boys and Yes I did get my little GIRL too!!! Boy/Girl TWINS!! So that's five for us and I am reading to walk my dh to the dr's office to get in line for his procedure!LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page