Morning Sickness at 24 weeks??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-29-2006, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am nearly 24 weeks, and suddenly have a bout of morning sickness. What's up with this? During the first trimester, I'd vomit in the evenings every week or so. Nothing horrible, but I was glad it was over. Now, over the last two weeks, I'm getting sick almost every morning when I wake up. Is this normal? (Okay, I know there is no "normal," but anyone else experience this??)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-29-2006, 02:57 PM

Do you have a stomach bug? Sometimes it can be hard to tell if you are sick or just pregnant. However, it could be morning sickness. I am 24 weeks also and am still throwing up. In fact, I just did this morning. BLEAUGH. The hormones that can make us sick are still surging and if your body has a big surge, it can make you ill. At least that is my experience with the whole situation. I threw up the week my DD#2 was due....it's lovely puking the whole pregnancy.

SAHM to four beautiful babes :
#3 of 9 Old 11-29-2006, 03:35 PM

I'm still having morning sickness and I'm 26 weeks.. It's crazy.. I guess some pregnancies are like that.
#4 of 9 Old 11-29-2006, 07:47 PM

My constant nausea went away at about 19 weeks but even so, I have these hormone rushes that will leave me sick for a couple of days. I think it is perfectly normal and quite unpleasant. Women who don't get sick are so so so freakin blessed..!
#5 of 9 Old 11-29-2006, 08:11 PM

I finally stopped THAT mess at about 14 weeks, but never threw up until 16 and 18 weeks, I think it was. Weird.

I hope you feel better!!!!
#6 of 9 Old 11-29-2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
My constant nausea went away at about 19 weeks but even so, I have these hormone rushes that will leave me sick for a couple of days. I think it is perfectly normal and quite unpleasant. Women who don't get sick are so so so freakin blessed..!
With this pgy, I have only thrown up twice, sans nausea, and one of those was (i think) b/c of my tummy was just 'off'.

But with DD, I had horrid, puking everyday MS from six weeks to 38 weeks. My total sympathy to you mama's. I can still vividly remember the nausea.
#7 of 9 Old 11-29-2006, 09:05 PM

Hey, just jumping in from another DDC. I had morning sickness until 30wks. I actually had a lady come through work when I was 25wks who said to me "Don't worry dear it stops at 12wks..." I was like "Ah... I'm 25...." Aparantly I was just one of the unlucky ones. But I also had food poisoning at 24wks, I ended up in hospital with a drip : When you're pregnant you can be way more vulnerable to things like that so either you're one of the "unlucky ones" or its some kinda bug.... Good luck mama
#8 of 9 Old 11-30-2006, 01:06 AM

Could be morning sickness but it could also be low blood sugar. It helps me a LOT to eat some protein before bed and again when I wake in the middle of the night. It really helps with those morning sickies. A few cubes a cheese really make a diference for me.

I have hyperemesis (have with all 4 pregnancies) so YES you certainly can have MS all the way thru but when it starts up again after being gone or gets worse it is normally something else....blood sugar, stomach virus, slow digestion (papaya enzymes help w/that).
#9 of 9 Old 11-30-2006, 01:47 AM

i do the same thing...... i still get sick.. not all the time but ab9ut once a week.. its becoming normal for me..LOL

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier

User Tag List