It's December! Check-in and chat! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, we are just moving along aren't we?

I am 27 weeks along, which means I'm going to be starting the 3rd trimester next week (is that right? 28 weeks starts the 3rd?) -- the second trimester sure went a heck of a lot faster than the first trimester went.

I'm soooo tired! That about sums it up for me!

How are you all? It's been sort of quiet in here lately!
#2 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 01:16 AM

I am feeling oh so much better. I started seeing a chiropractor. Oh my, I can walk again I have the thing where your pelvic bone separtes and kinda just hangs around in pain. I have had with my other two pregnancies and just lived with it. But I so wish I hadn't now. Oh well, better late than never. I am 24 1/2 weeks. And I kinda, just kinda, wish I was showing more. I am not showing much at all. Of course you put on a few shirts and a sweater and no one is ever going to be able to tell I am pregnant. I guess I just haven't really popped yet. And yes agree the second trimester does go by much faster, was this way the last two times too. It starts to slow down, for me at least, at about 33 weeks, and then it seems like you have been pregnant forever, you don't feel like wearing anything because you have worn your matnertity clothes for forever...HOpefully this time will be better now that I can walk and feel better, eh?
#3 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 01:35 AM

i can't belive its almost over....wow were did the time go????Im showing like crazy... i look huge....me pelivc hurts sooo badly.......and a still get a lil sick... but other than that i feel great!!

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier
#4 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 02:09 AM

December? Ack! Third trimester? Ack!!

I keep going back and forth between whether this pregnancy is taking forever or if it is going by too quickly. Starting tomorrow, the next few weeks are going to be crazy busy for us. I get the feeling that once the holidays are over, the time is really going to fly. I do sort of wish that I had more time between December and my EDD (3/7) because all my crafty energy that should be going into making baby things is getting diverted into holiday stuff and I worry that I won't have enough time or energy afterwards to make the baby things. And then of course the other half of me wishes the baby was already here.

Jenny - I am still so tired too! What gives? Actually, strangely enough, I had a stretch of 3-4 nights where I didn't get to bed until 12 or 1 (instead of the regular 10-11), ds got several times each night and I was up by 7. And those days, I felt better than usual. Then last night I slept from 10 till 8 straight through and I felt so sluggish today! Could it be possible that I have actually been sleeping too much? Seems too bizarre to be true!

Valerie - Yay for the chiropractor! I found a wonderful one in town but it is just too expensive for me to keep seeing her. If only money came to me like stretchmarks! There'd be weekly chiro visits, massages, acupuncture, pedicures, ahhh... Enjoy those visits and good for you for doing something good for yourself!
#5 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 02:36 AM

Hey y'all,
Glad to see everyone is moving along through the second trimester. It does seem to be going pretty fast right now I'm sure that feeling will slow WAAAAYYYY down at the end

Things here are difficult. I am fine and the baby girl is fine, but my dh is in the hospital with viral meningitis. He got sick last Sat. and was admitted on Sun. The doctors say he'll be fine, but he has never been this sick before and, honestly, it is freaking me out to see my strong, healthy dp in such bad shape...he is pitiful. Seriously.

Add to the situation that my youngest son fell yesterday and ended up having 12 stitches in his hand--our first experience with stitches Things have just been very tough lately

So please, any prayers and good thoughts....we'll take all the help we can get.

Sorry to whine.

#6 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 02:45 AM

Oh no! Ligdad and LittleLigman! Lots of strength and positive, healing vibes coming your way. It was harder than I thought it would be to see my ds get his first stitches a few months back. Poor little rough and tumble guys. Hang in there Mama. This too shall pass, and in the meantime we're here for you.
#7 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 04:57 AM

Things are certainly moving along, aren't they? It won't be long before we all have our little babes in arms, rather than in bellies.

We have all of our birth kit supplies in order and ready to go. We broke down and ordered a baby crib and bedding that is supposed to be delivered today. Time to evict the cat from the baby's room. I have oodles of baby clothes and diapers that need to be washed and put away, but I have to get a new dresser for DD so that I can take her old one for the baby (her dresser doesn't match her furniture, but will match the baby's crib, so trading out). Now I just need to seach for a rocking chair.

So sorry to hear about your DH, Ligmom. Gecmis olsun! (Turkish: "May it soon be behind you.")
#8 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 10:13 AM

Thanks paisley and Kate:

So today we are officially in December. Who here is celebrating a holiday this month?

We celebrate Christmas (needless to say the preparations are on the back burner)...the kids are so excited! They keep asking if their sister will be here for Christmas Not yet!
#9 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 10:22 AM

Ligmom, I hope your husband feels better soon. And stitches aren't fun. My girls, yet, haven't had them, but I did when I was a kid. Just waiting for them, they are adventurous little girls and I know I am not going to escape their childhood without some more ER trips.
We celebrate yule and my oldest is turing 5 soon, which is scary. We actually won't be able to have her party until Jan, she wants her daddy to be there and they won't let him have any time off, gotta love the military: We are making a few things to decorate the house this year and will get our paper tree up soon. Our family traditon is to put brown paper up on a wall and paint our tree. We need to get it done soon since it usually takes us a few days to paint it. The girls like to paint in one 4x6 or so area and they can only paint for so long before the paper starts to get wet Of course, they may be better painters this year.
#10 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VnJW View Post
I am feeling oh so much better. I started seeing a chiropractor. Oh my, I can walk again I have the thing where your pelvic bone separtes and kinda just hangs around in pain.
Glad you are feeling better! I have put off seeing the chiropractor even though I have this same problem because it isn't TOO bad yet -- I can walk, as long as it isn't too far of a walk! Mailbox and back = good! All the way through IKEA with no shortcuts = bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligmom View Post
Things here are difficult. I am fine and the baby girl is fine, but my dh is in the hospital with viral meningitis. He got sick last Sat. and was admitted on Sun.
Ligmom, I am so sorry to hear about your dh!! That is really frightening! And your poor little stitched up boy! Good thoughts and prayers definitely coming your way.

Quote:
Who here is celebrating a holiday this month?
We'll celebrate Christmas, and we already have our tree up. I love this time of year. It has always felt magical to me and it still does. We made a gingerbread house a few days ago -- so fun! I'm also making some gifts this year, since dd is getting old enough to help and not feel left out when I'm off crafting. I love it!

OOOh, keep meaning to ask -- are we going to have a ead-bay ap-sway or a aby-bay ap-sway? (Hope you can break my code, it's taboo to talk about it here ya know! ) I tried to do the one for mamas, but I couldn't come up with a list of what I wanted. I'm really pathetic about that. My mom asked me what gifts I wanted for the holidays and all I could come up with was a set of guest towels for the guest bathroom. Sad, huh? (Meanwhile, my dh has a wish list that would be worth 200,000$ if he got all of it. ) Anyway -- a baby one, or a bead one -- I'm really excited about that!
#11 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 12:16 PM
jkg

Hi mamas! 25 weeks here and basically pretty good except for a yucky cold. Has anyone else become even more emotional lately? For the past three days I've been crying at everything...

Ligmom, I hope your DH and your little boy start feeling better soon!

We celebrate Christmas and DS is 22 months, so he is really starting to notice the holiday season this year. He's been making finger paintings to give to people, and he keeps wanting to make more and more for everyone--he's so sweet!

We had 65 degree weather 2 days ago, and today it is 29 degrees with icy rain and a potential snow storm tonight! I think that is why I have a cold. Unfortunately this is my 4th cold since I've been pregnant, so I must not be doing something right...

I hope you are all staying warm and healthy!
#12 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 01:45 PM

More emotional? Does an apparently-without-purpose crying jag in the shower yesterday count

Ligmom, so sorry about your DP! I can't imagine what it would feel like for DH to be so sick. I hope his recovery goes well and quickly.

I my chiropractor! I don't know how I'd be getting along without him. I haven't had that bad pelvic pain, but there is SOMETHING going on with the connection between my left leg and my pelvis. Not good, but no so bad that I can't function (mostly) normally. Babe kicks up a storm at times that are getting more and more predictable. 2am seems to be his most active time!

I'm not showing as much as I thought I'd be at this stage. I guess it's because I'm high-waisted and there is lots of torso room to fill up. Also, I feel like my uterus has spread far to my sides. Does that seem strange?

Trying to do more yoga/swimming/walking, but it's been cold and WET here, so I haven't been getting out of the house much. I'm going to make a real effort today, though!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#13 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 02:47 PM

Ahh Im glad to see everyone is feeling we are moving along nicely...

NOT ME!
I think its because I think about the baby allllllll the time. And the pregnancy,and the delivery and my cervix (which is funneling some).
I am kind of blown away though that we are about to reach third trimester, so I do feel like it went by ok fast but now I feel like its slowwwww.
Oh I am just so glad to be past the whole first trimester and all the impatience and worries that came with that. Not that its all worry-free now but you all know what I mean...

Ligmom-uh im sorry to hear about the ilnesses...I went through something similar once-seeing my man be all sick in the hospital and it was soooooo scary, especially if they are usually your big strong man. Hope everyone heals quickly!

Astromom-I am SO jealous that you are 27 weeks! Wanna trade with my about-to-turn-25? Cmon!

Paisley-ooh what sort of fun crafty baby things are you making?

I have been photographing lots of babies...Mostly friend's (everyone gave birth i swear). But also had a few paying clients already. There has been some ADORABLE ones, and I keep wondering if i can post some pics here...sort of like an adorable baby pic thread, for all of us to drool on knowing we'll soon be holding our own!!!!

Should I?

Oh and I am obsessing about various wraps. I have decided I want a metro mamma wrap and most definitely a Bebina wrap too! I am so excited to get the Bebina especially, i think its going to be so beautiful! I read some reviews on it here on mdc and on babywearer and it seems to be amazing.
Besides, its kind of $ which means I am right on track with my instincts: (no clue why i unknowingly always pick $$ stuff,then fall in love with it,then find out how much it is).

anyway, enough rambling for me!

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#14 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 03:51 PM

hey there friends, time does seem to be flying by to me and I suspect that with holidays coming, it will even more so...

I have been down with some kind of food poisoning or stomach flu. It was the worst ever. I threw up yesterday every 20 minutes from like 5:30 am till almost noon. And had the runs too. wow, never have I felt so so sick. I just laid on a towel on the bathroom floor all morning. Then I couldn't eat or even drink much water the rest of the day. Now, I am trying to drink some broth and eat some crackers. still feel some nausea and very weak, but so far it is staying in. I was so worried about getting dehydrated...
I hope that was the end of it...
I used to have this irrational fear of vomiting but with this pregnancy, I have moved way past it.
#15 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
I have been down with some kind of food poisoning or stomach flu. It was the worst ever. I threw up yesterday every 20 minutes from like 5:30 am till almost noon. And had the runs too. wow, never have I felt so so sick. I just laid on a towel on the bathroom floor all morning. Then I couldn't eat or even drink much water the rest of the day. Now, I am trying to drink some broth and eat some crackers. still feel some nausea and very weak, but so far it is staying in. I was so worried about getting dehydrated...
I hope that was the end of it...
I used to have this irrational fear of vomiting but with this pregnancy, I have moved way past it.
Ohmygosh! I had this exact same thing on Wednesday morning... was up from midnight to 8am, wishing for anything to stop how awful I felt. My DH called the nurses line at 5am, as we were both worried about the affect on little girl. Nurses line said just to keep hydrated. Flat Sprite was easier than water, for whatever reason. Yesterday was an improvement, after 16 hours of sleep, and today I'm actually functional at work. I wish you lots and lots of healing! (Maybe there's some bug floating around the NorthWest??)

On the other notes.. .I can't believe I'm going to be 24 weeks along! Time is just speeding right by, and I know her arrival isn't going to slow things down any. Both my folks and my mom-in-love are coming out for Christmas. It'll be the first time they have spent more than a few hours together since we were married. DH and I are a little fearful about the Mom's butting heads, but in the end, all decisions will end with "it's our house". DH is great at that.

Other than the psycho-illness, everything else is moving along just fine! I have switched to using the Gaiam BalanceBall chair at work almost exclusively, just to give my hips a break. I think it's helping my core muscles just a wee bit as well. And per family request, I'm finally taking tummy pictures. I just wish I could say all those stretch marks were only from little girl. ~smirk~

I might need to look into finding a good chiropractor around here. I've been having that weird pelvic pain thing that VnJW mentioned. I can walk and get up and all that, it's just not the most pleasant thing. Now that I know I don't have to suffer with it, why should I?

Hope everyone else has been enjoying the second trimester. I certainly have been.

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#16 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 06:38 PM

Ligmom, am sending getwell, safe, happy vibes. Seeing someone you love sick can be really hard.

Valerie, so glad you've got a good chiro. They make SUCH a big difference. I am a little jealous, havn't been able to find one I like around here.

I have been snapping at my sister for no apparent reason for the last few days, then when I realize I am being an a$$, I start crying my eyes out. Yesterday I did a cleaning job and spent two of my five hours there sobbing. And I can't seem to pinpoint any one reason for it.

My sister, BIL and I bought a house in South Calgary a couple days ago, and we are moving on the 15th!!! Nice area, walking distance to a lot of great things, including a swimming pool, library, shopping and coffee shops. It is a fabulous three story place, so lots of room for them, me and babes, our homestay student, and we have a family of three from Austria moving into the basement room for four months. (Coming here to study) The cherry on my chocolate mouse is that there is a big ol' jacuzzi tub for me to give birth in. When we went to see the place, as soon as I saw it, I jumped in and tryed out different positions, much to the amusment of our realtor. That was what sold me.

We celibrate (sp?) christmass around here, and have 17+ people coming, 13 of whom are spending some portion of it sleeping over. So that will be a bit of a zoo. (thank goodness that our Austrian family isn't here until the begining of January.) B/c we have so many people coming, we do a gift draw. Everyone brings a present with a top value of $50, we draw numbers and the first gets to pick a present. The 2end gets to pick a present or steal from the first, and so on- lots of fun.

So the next couple of weeks are going to be a bit s. Fingers crossed that I don't lose my sense of humour.
#17 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 06:44 PM

Get Well Soon vibes to all of you who are sick (and sick partners and hurt kids)!

I've been bitchy the whole pregnancy. That's my emotional. I already cry too easily at tv shows and the like. Okay, okay, I admit it - bitchy is kinda normal for me, too. But, it's worse now. Aren't you glad you don't have to deal with me every day? Don't'cha feel real bad for my DH right about now?
Physically, this pregnancy has been a breeze. Very few pains. My pelvic bone hurts, and my feet and legs are sore after walking for a bit (like around Costco). I can't take stairs anymore without getting really out of breath and sometimes needing my inhaler. But, that's pretty normal for me when I'm pregnant. My black Docs are starting to hurt, so I'm wearing my larger purple Docs more often, and keeping my legs up as much as possible. I hope I don't swell too much this time! Before my baby shower in 2002, my DH had to lotion my feet in order to get my shoes on! :
I'm trying to keep my kid active in things as I become less active. So, we're spending too much $ on indoor, mostly free-play programs for him to participate in! I convinced my mom to get us a family pass to children's museums for Xmas, so that will help!
We do celebrate Xmas (secular Christmas) around here. We actually host the Xmas Day celebrations (all day meals and gift opening) at our house, so DH and I have been busy figuring out the menu as well as trying to get Xmas shopping in where we can. I'm so not looking forward to cleaning! At least it's family, so they can't complain too loudly if I don't dust the ceiling fans or whatever.
I'm already thinking of myself as being in the 3rd trimester! I'm going by the baby book that I'm supposed to be journaling in, and where I write about my prenatal appts. It says I'm in the 3rd trimester, so that's good enough for me! I really need to do that journaling thing, though. I'm getting so behind in that! But, with such an uneventful pregnancy, I really don't have much to say!
I bought two Gypsymama wraps (used) - one fleece and one stretchy. I'm going to NINO meetings to learn how to use them! And I have my Mei Tai all picked out. I'll likely buy that next month! We're getting rid of our old Ergo and the Baby Bjorn that I used once or twice with my son. DH wants to keep the Maya Wrap, though. I think that'll be enough carriers for us! I'm putting off buying baby clothes until after we decide for sure about whether or not we're getting an ultrasound. Though, I saw today that Target is selling some Under The Nile baby clothes! I really want to put a lot of thought into Baby's First Outfit.
That's about it here. We've had some stresses, but we're getting by and figuring out coping methods!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#18 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 07:29 PM

I am actually so superly lucky. There is a chiro in my mommys group She had seen me walking all funny but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I finally caved. I really didn't think it would help that much. We have actually talked about it lots, she is really knowledgable about many things, and she said to really make sure that if you do go to a chiro while pregnant to make sure that they are maternity certified. My round ligamient pains are very much less also. Like if I get up to run after a kid I don't fall down in pain. It really is amazing. Just saying all this in there is anyone who is actually like me and puts thing slike this off because it doesn't matter if you suffer a little, and you know you can almost walk...
#19 of 28 Old 12-01-2006, 08:03 PM

: I'm bummed b/c I failed the glucose tolerance test (pass is 140; I was 177) I am freaked about gestational diabetes and being one of the unfortunate who get real diabetes as a result. I am also worried about "treatment" and all the associated risks. ALso, no Christmas cookies. A serious heartbreak.
#20 of 28 Old 12-02-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCAS View Post
: I'm bummed b/c I failed the glucose tolerance test (pass is 140; I was 177) I am freaked about gestational diabetes and being one of the unfortunate who get real diabetes as a result. I am also worried about "treatment" and all the associated risks. ALso, no Christmas cookies. A serious heartbreak.
Was this the 1 hour or the 3-hour? I've heard that something like 80% of women who "fail" the 1-hour go on to pass the 2-hour.

I'm considering refusing this test, since all the evidence I've read points to "gestational diabetes" being a false disease (more properly termed "glucose intolerence of pregnancy"). Yes, it can pinpoint women who are prone to Type 2 diabetes, but it does little to change the "outcomes" of large babies and c-sections.

Dr. Sears, in his "The Baby Book", says, from page 210: "Not all obstetricians agree on the necessity or safety of the GTT, and new research questions the value of routine screening for gestational glucose intolerence. A 1990 study of 1307 women (533 of whom were not screened and 774 who were screened) showed that screening resulted in more tests and worry during pregnancy, and there was a significantly higher cesarean rate among screened mothers. It did not decrease the number of large infants, however. These researchers concluded that the routine use of GTT caused more worry than benefits." And later on the same page, "Because of these concerns, the routine use of GTT is being reconsidered by many practitioners. Discuss with your practitioner whether or not the GTT is necessary in your particular pregnancy."

And there is this great article on iVillage, written by Henci Goer.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#21 of 28 Old 12-02-2006, 12:37 AM

Oh to be 27 weeks! I wish I was there.

I'm rounding the corner to hit 26 weeks (on monday). I've been on bedrest (first modified, then complete) for 7 weeks now. It's really just getting to me at this point. I know it's worth it, but I ache so bad, and just can't get comfortable.

I passed my GTT this week, WOOHOO! That's on less thing to worry about. The drs also did another growth scan of the baby on Tuesday, and he's doing great. He's now measuring 2+ weeks ahead, weighing in at 1lb 15oz, and is in the 98-99%. I'm measuring 33 weeks now, which makes me nervous (enlarged uterus). But we're still focusing on our goal of reaching 30 weeks (new years day). They also brought up needing to go into the hospital in a few weeks for a magnesium sulfate wash, because I'm starting to adjust to the terbulatine pump, and they've begun upping my medicine dose. I'm trying not to focus on that, just take it one day at a time.

DH got the nursery painted a couple weekends ago, and put up the tree here in the bedroom so that I could enjoy it. The "nursery" is actually our master bedroom sitting room. Baby will sleep with us for a while, but this works out so nicely, having a place to put him for naps, nursing, changing, etc. I have a nearly 3 yo, so I know I'll have to put little one down on his own for naps here and there. I need to order the rocker this week, too. I still can't decide, and it's hard not being about to actually go out and try them. I do plan on getting a big upholstered rocker and not a glider though. I want something I can sleep in if necessary.

DS goes next week for his EI preschool evaluation. DH has to take him, and being mother hen - I just really want to go. I can't believe he's starting school in january *sniff*

PS. We also got around 8 inches of snow last night. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. I love winter.
#22 of 28 Old 12-02-2006, 11:45 PM

December? ALREADY!? Eeh, I hope it doesn't cut into my nap time!

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
#23 of 28 Old 12-03-2006, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMySofie View Post

Astromom-I am SO jealous that you are 27 weeks! Wanna trade with my about-to-turn-25? Cmon!
Nooooooo -- BUT what say we go sneak into the February DDC and try to convince a couple unsuspecting 30-weekers to trade with both of us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMySofie View Post

I have been photographing lots of babies...Mostly friend's (everyone gave birth i swear). But also had a few paying clients already. There has been some ADORABLE ones, and I keep wondering if i can post some pics here...sort of like an adorable baby pic thread, for all of us to drool on knowing we'll soon be holding our own!!!!

Should I?
Sure, why not? I already go into the DDCs that are giving birth now and drool over their baby pics ... If you have their permission it would be fun to see your work anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
I have been down with some kind of food poisoning or stomach flu. It was the worst ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaylee View Post
Ohmygosh! I had this exact same thing on Wednesday morning...
Savmay and avaylee, so sorry to hear about the yuckiness. Hoping you both are recovering nicely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat9 View Post
I'm rounding the corner to hit 26 weeks (on monday). I've been on bedrest (first modified, then complete) for 7 weeks now. It's really just getting to me at this point. I know it's worth it, but I ache so bad, and just can't get comfortable.
Kittycat, that is certainly a bummer to have required bedrest. Will you get to go back to modified bedrest soon, or will you be on complete bedrest for the rest of the time? I hope that little one stays in there a nice long time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat9 View Post

DS goes next week for his EI preschool evaluation. DH has to take him, and being mother hen - I just really want to go. I can't believe he's starting school in january *sniff*
Awww -- I hope he enjoys preschool!

Well, blah for me, turns out I have the opportunity to work pretty much full-time until my leave starts (I'm 20 hours/week now)... so I'm going to do that even though I am soooo tired... but it's good for the finances. Oh, I want my leave to start so badly...
#24 of 28 Old 12-03-2006, 03:39 PM

I'm on complete bedrest until I hit 38 weeks. That's when I'm scheduled for a c-section (I had an emergency vertical last time, so no VBAC for me). It would be nice, but it's not worth the risk. The drs took me from complete to modified to off bedrest last time, and I delivered 2 days after they took me off of modified rest. It's just better I stay put. I can sit up while eating now though, so that's all I care about. I had a terrible soup spill when I was first put on rest, so I'm glad to avoid that from now on, LOL.

VnJW.... What I would give for a chiro right now. I doubt the drs would even allow me to consider it though. I feel so disjointed, and I heard my back clicking when I walked into the bathroom yesterday. So creepy. I am going to look into having someone do an upper body prenatal massage, and maybe a little Physical Therapy since I'm not using my legs/muscles. That sounds so relaxing.
#25 of 28 Old 12-03-2006, 04:18 PM

I would so look into psychial therapy/massage if I were you. I don't htink I could stand being on bedrest. I hope the rest of the time goes well for you though. And really, look into something for yourself. And so you know, chiro care isn't all bending and twisting and hard on your body. They can use what is called an instrument, it pretty much gently knocks the bone back in place, not hard on your body at all. But it can make a huge difference
#26 of 28 Old 12-04-2006, 10:12 AM

My oldest was in EI and thought the evaluations were great fun with all the one-on-one "play" time with various new people.

Wow! 27 weeks! I'm jealous. I'm not even at 24 yet and the sleep problems are already in full force! I've been sleeping, but the quality just sucks! I was tired and grumpy all last week and my patience with my dh and boys is just shot. I'm hoping sleep and my level of patience will be better this week.

And with all the errands and shopping I've been doing to get ready for holidays, I'm sick of people making comments about my CHRISTMAS baby. Yeah, I pop way out there since I'm smaller built and this is my third baby, but come on! I pretty much have 4 months to go since I'm not due until the very end of March! I wish people would ask rather than assume, but that only leads to the infamous "oh, you MUST be having twins" comment.

I gotta get back to knitting. We're doing all homemade Christmas presents for our family this year, and I'm soooo behind. Dh got the fun stuff: brewing beer and making jelly. I get the knitting, sewing, wrapping, sending, baking, etc.

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#27 of 28 Old 12-04-2006, 12:07 PM

I love hearing how everyone is doing! I'm so bad at keeping up with the weeks this time. I was 24 weeks at my last appointment, and that was almost 3 weeks ago - so I'll be 27 weeks on wednesday, I think. I can't believe there are those among us not/barely showing - I look soooooo pregnant.

Savmay and Avaylee - hope you're doing better. Don't rush the food - your body will tell you when it's ready to eat. Follow your hunger cues. If there is a dreadful stomach virus going around, I always get it. Knock wood, nothing htis year so far. It's an ugly scene!

Ligmom - Hugs! I hope your DH and DS are both on the mend. My little girl had to have stiches at 12 months - on her face, so they had to knock her out. It was hideous, the whole thing. Big hugs.

MamaCAS - sorry about the GTT and good luck figuring out your next step.

KittyCat - Sending all sorts of healthy, non-PTL vibes your way. Hope Kyle has fun in preschool! It's hard to see them grow up, but also fun to go through each stage. This pregnancy makes me want to grab Robin and freeze her for a few minutes right now. She's such a little wonder, and I don't always appreciate it, and I know it will be even harder to appreciate her moments when I have 2 of them. just thinking about it gets me teary...

I'm doing quite well - the stairs blow, but otherwise very few complaints. I have gotten a nasty cold though, as does Robin. Third one of the pregnancy, so I'm not the worst off for that around here.

I posted last week about our midwife delimma - having to change our plans and go back to the US to deliver. Which is a major inconvenience to our lives, but has some good trade-offs. The biggest being I can do a homebirth in the US, others beign that family gets to meet the baby, that I can easily shop for baby stuff before I return to China, I'll be mostly recovered and in the swing of nursing again before I come back, etc. So i had embraced it - then we found out last week that NO, we'll be staying in China after all. Now the hospital birth that I was okay with 3 weeks ago is a big disappointment b.c I let myself plan a home waterbirth. It'll be okay - but it's very, very disappointing now. It doesn't help that WE are not the people making these decisions - I have very much felt like a pawn being moved here and there by DH's supervisors. And it would be nice to say, eh, screw'em, but financially we can't really do that. Hopefully we'll really get all the details worked out this week - since we leave for the holidays next weekend. I'm just ready to know with some certainty where I'll be delivering so I can start getting myself ready for it.

Mummy twice - congrats on your house! That sounds fantastic. Is this your first home purchase? There's nothing like your first home.

We clebrate Christmas - and have been busily doing our shopping, planning our travels, etc. We do a LOT of traveling and visiting family - more than anybody else would put up with . But we like the craziness just fine. I think we're especially looking forward to this Christmas b/c we're so excited to go home for a bit and enjoy some nature!
#28 of 28 Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 AM

25 weeks here. . I think. I have to keep checking because I lose track. DD, my mom and I have been in sunny Florida for a few weeks. It's been nice being warm and getting to swim. We're flying back on Thursday. . thank goodness, we drove down and I would prefer never setting foot in a car again Did 3 commando style days at Disney, that is until my mom got food poisoning the last afternoon. It was scary she looked awful. I got it the next day to a much lesser degree but it was no fun.

Mostly feeling good pregnant. My blood glucose levels have been mostly good (when I've been good about what I eat). I haven't been drinking enough water. When my stomach was wonky all I could manage was ginger ale and coke. I also have this yucky heat rash on my inner thighs (all that hot sticky walking in Disney).

Babe has been moving around a lot just about every time I'm still. That's been a great reassurance.

I know as soon as I get back home I'm going to feel overwhelmed. We've got Xmas to decorate and prepare for. . then my DD's birthday and New Year's. Time is flying by!!!

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page