Sharp Pain on Cervix - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-19-2007, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 30+wks pregnant and experiencing sudden sharp pains on my cervix when I stand and walk. Rarely when I'm lying down and when it does happen it's not as sharp. It's instant and causes me to gasp in pain. I was also "diagnosed" as having placenta previa at 20 weeks, if that has anything to do with it. I'm hoping it's a sign the placenta has grown away from the cervix and it's the baby beating me up!

I had this with my previous pregnancies, but only at the very end and only once in a great while, not hours on end, days in a row like it is now. In every previous pregnancy I have had bouts of regular and painful contractions prematurely, but without my cervix dilating. This time I have not had as many BX or any regular and painful contractions, but this cervical pain is now worrying me.

I'm currently going unassisted unless an ultrasound at the end shows that the placenta hasn't moved far enough away from my cervical opening, so really I'm just wondering if this is something I should be worrying about enough to see a midwife.

We welcomed our 3rd , 7th September 23, 2010!
#2 of 6 Old 01-19-2007, 11:14 AM

I had this with #3 and she was born with her hand up by her head so I contend that she was punching my cervix or at least knocking on the door

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#3 of 6 Old 01-19-2007, 11:27 AM

I'm getting this too - like getting a pap smear from the inside. My baby is head down, so I figure he/she is grinding that head on my cervix. One time she/he pushed down with her legs - so I got the cervix grind plus a feet jam up at the top - that was my most uncomfortable baby action yet!

I would guess your previa moved if your fetus has access to your cervix - I hope so!!
#4 of 6 Old 01-20-2007, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for posting ladies! You two are making me see this more optimistically. I'm trying to remind myself I'm not a newbe with pregnancy, just I worry about a lot going unassisted. I've had midwives with my others, so I'm a little shaky without my "crutches" to tell me everything is normal.

We welcomed our 3rd , 7th September 23, 2010!
#5 of 6 Old 01-21-2007, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Becca View Post
I'm getting this too - like getting a pap smear from the inside. My baby is head down, so I figure he/she is grinding that head on my cervix. One time she/he pushed down with her legs - so I got the cervix grind plus a feet jam up at the top - that was my most uncomfortable baby action yet!

I would guess your previa moved if your fetus has access to your cervix - I hope so!!
This is such a good description!
I have had the unfortunate happiness of getting way too many cervical ultrasounds and one if my babies head is right there in the pic off the cervix. When I get that feeling, i know it's him pushing. I've had the ol' cervix pain and simultaneous rib kick too! Ouch!
#6 of 6 Old 01-21-2007, 08:39 PM

I have this as well I am 27W 3D and Baby O's butt is sitting on my cervix I also have something wrong with my placenta but it's a blood clot and I never thought of that having anything to do with it...I don't remember if I had it will my other pregnancies either...I thought it was from the contractions I have but then again I have had preterm labor so pretty much everything worries me...I am glad I am not the only one...Wish I knew what it was too

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page