vbac moms...i had an epiphany! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-26-2007, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure if any other vbac-ing moms are feeling like this, but I feel like i'm becoming obsessed with doing everything, learning everything, reading tons to ensure I do everything possible to have my vbac. I finally decided that was nuts and that i need to just allow my body to do what it is going to do. there's no possible way that i can learn everything before the birth, so i need to just surrender.
but here's my epiphany: i'm going to stop thinking about this as a vbac. It's really and truly Elise's BIRTH! It isn't her "vaginal birth after cesarean"-i mean, people who have had vaginal births don't go around saying they are having VBAVs--vaginal births after vaginals! So i'm focusing on my daughter, and that this is about HER--her birth, her entrance into this world...not my past. just wanted to share in case that helps anyone else. I felt like a lightbulb went on and I'm now feeling with my heart instead of thinking with my head.
#2 of 5 Old 01-27-2007, 12:16 AM

Good for you mama! I think that is the best way to look at it and now you'll be able to relax more and enjoy her wonderful birth!!

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
#3 of 5 Old 01-27-2007, 05:52 PM

Thanks Bennifer, I too have been caught in the VBAC whirlwind of overanalysing, thinking too much. I firmly believe that this is just another birth and I just have to relax and let it happen but many times I forget and go a little crazy. Thanks for the timely reminder.
Good luck to us all!
#4 of 5 Old 01-27-2007, 11:34 PM

Good for you! I am having my 3rd VBAC....so I think less and less about it being a VBAC and more just the birth of my next wonderful blessing!
#5 of 5 Old 01-27-2007, 11:55 PM

Good for you! I think an important part of my c-section recovery was getting over the vbac thing. My son's c-section was scheduled for breech presentation and even before he was born I was telling the OB I was going to vbac. I feel like I was a vbac mom before my first baby was even born.

Anyway, I have had the same feelings as you. VBAC is a great, empowering term but it does not fit every birth. My sister and I were both born vaginally. Yet her birth story does not begin with my birth. The term vbac automatically refers to a prior baby's birth. Also, if I have five kids will I always be a vbac mom? When does that allow me to "get over" my c-section?

I think the term vbac is a wonderful, powerful statement. I can't wait to experience a vaginal birth soon. I also get exactly where you are coming from!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page