I think my baby dropped! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-27-2007, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
But I'm only 32 weeks! I don't think happened so early with my first, but it was 11 years ago. All of a sudden last night during my son's birthday party, in fact, I was spending every other minute in the bathroom and I just had to tell my friends, "sorry but I have to get on my hands and knees" - there was no other way. Since then, there is so much constant pressure on my cervix, I am waddling big time and just really uncomfortable, and I'm thinking.....how can I go on like this for another 8 weeks?????? Today at a basketball game where I had to sit on my bum on hard bleachers all day (but I took a couple of walks!) 2 people said to me, "you've dropped!" Part of me would LOVE to have this baby early, but I have a repeat c-section scheduled 3 hours away and so it wouldn't be an easy thing to have a baby sooo early and possibly even far from the hospital.

Anyone else experiencing this? Does this seem too early? Any thoughts? I find I am just turning inward to my baby.

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-28-2007, 06:22 PM

I thought I dropped before (much earlier) but it was just the position of the baby. Now I KNOW I've dropped since my non-stop heartburn is gone and I am getting that sharp pain in the pelvic area . . .plus, I am 2 cm/50% effaced. I am 35 weeks now. You may not go another 8 weeks . . .hopefully it wll be 5-6 more and you'll be done!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#3 of 5 Old 01-28-2007, 08:00 PM

At my appointment on Friday, my midwife said my baby dropped as well. I'll be 32 weeks on Tuesday. She wasn't concerned, particulary given that my cervix hasn't changed at all. But, I had pre-term labor with DS#1 (32 weeks ptl, 35 weeks delivery), so it all makes my nervous . . . ! The pain and pressure is hard, though. I definately waddle, and my crotch hurts!! Oh welll, as long as this little one stays put for 5-6 more weeks, I'll be happy!
#4 of 5 Old 01-28-2007, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, hrcmom, we are due at the same time! I have another appointment with my doctor in a couple of weeks...I guess we'll see what's going on then.

I am not planning on calling my doctor unless something drastically changes, like leaking fluid or stronger regular contractions, and I will still walk for exercise as long as I am comfortable.

Who knows???? It's all a miracle, no matter how much planning we do! The thought of meeting my son a couple of weeks early is exciting, but really I won't expect it, but will try to be prepared at home just in case!

Here's to happy late pregnancies for all of us!

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
#5 of 5 Old 01-29-2007, 03:06 AM

midwife said baby was engaged at 32 weeks but I actually think it must have happenned about week or 2 before that when heartburn got better. my midwife doesn't do looksies so I don't know about my cervix. I posted the other day for thought also!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page