Snoring issues leading to no sleep with DH! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-28-2007, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help, I need some cuddle action My snoring is off the charts and my husband or I have to sleep apart. I think its just the weight gain. I am not feeling rested upon waking. I have tried Breathe Rights and Saline spray but I am still snoring like a sailor. Help, I miss my partner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-28-2007, 11:14 AM
jkg

This is probably a dumb question--but are you sleeping on your side? DH is the one who snores in our bed, and if I nudge him to roll over on his side, he'll stop. Also, do you run a humidifier? It might help you to breathe easier. Good luck mama!
#3 of 7 Old 01-28-2007, 07:52 PM

Between pregnancy congestion and a lingering cold, I've been having snoring issues, too. I find I snore less if I sleep slightly tilted between side and back sleeping (all the body pillows help with propping me up!). Also, an extra pillow under the head helps. Good luck!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#4 of 7 Old 01-28-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkg View Post
This is probably a dumb question--but are you sleeping on your side? DH is the one who snores in our bed, and if I nudge him to roll over on his side, he'll stop. Also, do you run a humidifier? It might help you to breathe easier. Good luck mama!
Same here. My DH is the one that snores. I just nudge him to flip back over or I will tell him to turn over. He only turns on to his back while I am up peeing, so it seems like I am always telling him to turn over. He also snores if his head is pointed down at an angle.
#5 of 7 Old 01-29-2007, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I will try some more pillows and maybe a humidifier (I always forget about that one).
#6 of 7 Old 01-29-2007, 02:46 AM

I use saline spray, nose strip, humidifier and side sleep and I still snore! I even have a snore guard - which I reccommend - makes much better. certain dentists know how to make a snore guard - very different from the grinding guards you get over counter. the move your jaw forward. very expensive but I think if you are desperate...
for me personall I had snoring problems before pregnancy - i have webbin and scar tissue in throat. so while preg with all the relaxin hormone even all this stuff doesn't totally work for me. my hubby sleeps in other room and it is very depressing!
#7 of 7 Old 01-29-2007, 06:08 PM

I've got no advice because our snoring goes the other way around. Very frustrating, I know.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page