*MAMACITA* in labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw a posting in the UC forum this morning that said she was admitted to the hospital, started on turbutalene and given an epidural.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=605255

My prayers are with you mama and baby!

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 02:22 PM

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#3 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 02:33 PM

All good thoughts go to her and babe and family.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#4 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 02:57 PM

Oh my goodness! Many positive thoughts and lots of love being sent her way!
#5 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 03:06 PM

Thinking of you and baby Bella.

If you're Gabriella is as tough as mine, you're both gonna be fine!
#6 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 03:19 PM

Holy cow! I hope everything is okay! I'll keep Mama in my thoughts and send positive vibes in the southwestern direction. Anyone know if her DH is home or away?
#7 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 03:57 PM

Wow!!! That is scary. I hope that all is fine and I am sure that everything will be. My thoughts, wishes and prayers are with you mama.
#8 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 04:09 PM

: I hope that she is doing alright, and that her dh is there with her.
#9 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 04:32 PM

Lots of prayers and peaceful love and light to the family.

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#10 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 06:02 PM

Wow! I hope everything is okay and that they're able to stop it. I will be thinking of her.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#11 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 06:20 PM
jkg

sending good vibes and prayers for mama and baby...
#12 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 07:26 PM

im here. home... baby still intacted...

what happened is.. on Sat Dh was able to come home for abotu three hours to shower and get cleaned up(He has been in the field for abotu 12 days.. sooo not thinking that s was bad we DtD and right when he started to leave.. i started having CTX..soo i tried getting comfy..DH had to leave..Hummer was waiiting to take him back out...i drank about 48oz water hopfing it would pass, but no such luck....after about 60 min of it.. said enough is enough.. time to go to the hospital.. so i had another solider's wife come over and get my kids and i went to L&D..(im only 32wks and some change soo UC /labor IMO isn;t that great) When i got up there.. i was 3cm and 70% effaced...the gave me Terb and started an IV and sent me out to another hospital....The army one doens;t have a NICU and stuff... soo i go to Las Palmas hospital....as soon as i got there i knew i was not in for a pleasent ride..DH was on his way from the field to the hosptial.. immediatly i had a bad feeling...The gave me more terb and wanted to start an Epideral..She said"We have to give you one, you will prolly be having her soon, so we need to place one" 1 hour later she still can;t get in it and she has hit bone several times with the needle... and when she did get it in..it only worked on one side....I slipped and said F$Uk and the nurse fraked out on me...she was soo rude.. never told me with the needle was coming or anything....just kept yelling at me to hold still....im in soooo much pain.. mu back is soo swollen.. then the Doc never saw me that night...in the moring when the Doctor did come in the, he asked the nurse wy i had an Eppy.. she said to him, for PAIN MANAGEMNT...#*&#&^ Excuse me.. i was planning in have a UC.. do you really think i wanted DRUGSS......it was horriable....my back is in soo much pain....i finally stoped laboring and went home.. The hospiatal told me.. i was no longer my Doc patient and i was to go to there hosptail.. hummm HELLL NO... my i went to see my Docotor today and she was SOOO PISSSED.... she freaked out on the staff the gloded me out to the other hospital..sooo she checked my and said YEs i am 2 Cm dialted, but not all the way, i was maybe, barley a 1 at the top.. i had a sono and grow
the scan and she is about 5 lbs 7oz.. soo she is doing good... i got the steroids shot to speed her lungs up.... Soo my plann is to stay prego fpr at least anothe three weeks and from theni will be 36ish Wks and all is fair game from then on... i may not be on the UC path still, but at least my Doctor will to a VABC.. which IMO is much better than a C/S...Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.. i was sooo scared and crying.. but im glad i had ppl thinking about me and our baby..
Thanks you again..

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier
#13 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 07:36 PM

Oh, Mamacita, that sounds awful! I'm glad they were able to stop the ctx and you are home with baby still where she needs to be. I would have been SOOOOO pissed at the staff at that hospital.

Fingers crossed things return to semi-normal now.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#14 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 07:45 PM

I am so glad that you all are ok. That is a scary thought of having the baby early. I am glad that you all will be ok and will at least get your VBAC still. Good luck to you. And sending vibes that baby will get comfy and want to stay in there a little while longer.
#15 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 07:48 PM

Mamacita, did they ever say anything to you like that you have a small epidural space? Your experience with it sounds a lot like my experience with first. They told me that I should have never gotten an epi and the person should have realized that after 7 pokes:
I am glad that you are home though now and that your baby is still inside.
#16 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 07:56 PM

Mamacita, so glad to know that you and babe are home and well. Sending vibes to keep that baby in till pickin' time!

I am also in a horrendous mood- can I have that hospitals' number- I could take it out on them!
#17 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 08:00 PM

hope that baby stays put for a while longer. prayers for you!!

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#18 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 08:09 PM

Thank you so much for updating us - we were worried about you! What a crappy experience at that other hospital. I'm so glad you didn't end up giving birth there. I can imagine how that might have turned out. Are you on bed rest now for the next few weeks?

You know, just because we were talking about making a birth announcements sticky doesn't mean that you need to go out and have a baby to fill up the list! Seriously though, I'm glad that you are ok and that your little lady is still where she belongs. Keep cooking, Gabriella! And you take good care of yourself, Mamacita.
#19 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisley View Post
You know, just because we were talking about making a birth announcements sticky doesn't mean that you need to go out and have a baby to fill up the list!

:

's mama. I'm sorry your experience was so horrible! But so glad that they ctx have stopped and you are home safe and sound.

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
#20 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 10:13 PM

I'm so glad that you and babe are ok. . . though the traumatic experience of that is so totally not cool. Thank you so much for updating us. . we were all a bit worried.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#21 of 28 Old 01-29-2007, 11:20 PM

Oh Mamacita, I'm so glad you are home. That experience sounds horrible! Thank you for updating and I am hoping that little Gabby stays put for several more weeks at least!!
#22 of 28 Old 01-30-2007, 12:56 AM

Mamacita - so glad you are home and Gabriella is still on the inside. I hope you learned your lesson about the dangers of DtD I hope she stays cooking for a nice long while - but good to know some prostaglandins can help you out if you need them... So sorry for the traumatic experience at the hospital - at least you know what to prepare for if you end up there, bottom-of-the-barrel care That's so infuriating!
#23 of 28 Old 01-30-2007, 01:10 AM

i know...ARRGGHHH... i told Dh, when i feel ready to have her.. i know how to get it going.. ..seriously tho.. i filed a complaint against the nursing staff that night....my Doc say she really doesn;t think it was the sex that threw me into labor and said it would be fine to continue as long as its not EXTREME..LOL....my back is still killing me tho.. time for the ice.. how can ppl who are trusted to help us , hurt us soo badly..make my case for a UC even stronger...

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier
#24 of 28 Old 01-30-2007, 03:37 AM

you stick a needle between her vertebrae and miss acoupla times and I betcha she would have some choice words also!
how annoying, but glad to hear you and babe are doing fine!
#25 of 28 Old 01-30-2007, 12:00 PM

I am glad everything is ok and sorry you had such a dreadful experience.
I was put on terb at 28 weeks with #2 and know it is no picnic
Not sure if this would work for you but I had contractions all day on Saturday, not BH but the wrap around your hips and grab your back kind. I drank a bunch of water and got in the bathtub and as long as I was submerged and laying on my side they would calm down but if I was sitting up or semi-reclined they came back.
They were definitely uncomfortable but I wouldn't describe them as painful. Saturday evening while driving I timed them at 3-4 minutes apart but not getting more intense really. I stopped at the vitamin store and picked up some Boiron homeopathic magnesia phosphorica as well as a good cal/mag supplement. I took double doses of the homeo and took two of the cal/mag supplements and the contractions faded after less than an hour and I slept just fine.
Contractions started up again last night, I did the same thing and they went away.
I am not sure if it would work for you but it's worth a try and MUCH easier on you and baby than terb.

Good luck,
Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#26 of 28 Old 01-30-2007, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

So glad to hear that you're back home with your baby in your belly still! What a horrible experience!

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

#27 of 28 Old 01-30-2007, 01:40 PM

Glad your home.

: for Bella and mama. (Love her name by the way My two youngest competitive dancers last year were Bella and Briella Strange huh? )

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#28 of 28 Old 01-30-2007, 04:20 PM

I'm glad you are home!! Sorry your experience was so horrible! I can't get over it! Hope baby stays put for a while!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page