Help pregnancy brain!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-29-2007, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A confession. . sometimes I've been forgetting where I live! We've been in this house for over a year now but I'm having major difficulty with my address. Our old house was # 32. . this house is # 36. Ugh, no wait, I did it wrong AGAIN. THis house is 32 our old place was 36. I have no head for numbers any more.

God help anyone who needs to know a date or route number from me.

I wonder who much of our mail might be going to the house 2 down from us

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#2 of 11 Old 01-29-2007, 05:07 PM

Awww! My advice! Make friends with house number 36. They'll understand! And bring you cookies!
#3 of 11 Old 01-29-2007, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxceleste View Post
Awww! My advice! Make friends with house number 36. They'll understand! And bring you cookies!
It's funny. . they're actually the only neighbors that we're not really friends with. . they are rather strange.

#4 of 11 Old 01-29-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemommy View Post
It's funny. . they're actually the only neighbors that we're not really friends with. . they are rather strange.
Hmmm.... maybe they got that brown discreet package that never came in the mail???

Just kidding. Oh well... Good luck with the numbers and other pregnancy woes, anyway! I definitely know the feeling!
#5 of 11 Old 01-29-2007, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Well if I had one of THOSE coming I'd make sure I'd gotten the house number correct!

#6 of 11 Old 01-29-2007, 10:12 PM

The other day I was shopping somewhere and I had to return something and the guy needed my phone number. I proceeded to give him our phone number from our house in Colorado, which we moved away from two years ago! I understand what you're talking about.......

SAHM to four beautiful babes :
#7 of 11 Old 01-30-2007, 11:21 AM

Numbers are hard aren't they? I am a total airhead these days with numbers especially, I wonder what it is about them?

For me it was trying to copy sku numbers down at WF when I was getting bulk stuff. I literally had to have the twistie label right there on the bin next to the number and wrote one number at a time, checking more than once in between each number, making sure I got them right. It was intellectually terrifying to be that spacey. Brings me back to my stoner days.

And forgetting where I'm going when I'm driving somewhere or coming out of the fog and not really knowing where I am for a split second. That's scary. Maybe they should take licenses away from almost full term pregnant women like they do to really old people.:
#8 of 11 Old 01-30-2007, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTC View Post
And forgetting where I'm going when I'm driving somewhere or coming out of the fog and not really knowing where I am for a split second. That's scary. Maybe they should take licenses away from almost full term pregnant women like they do to really old people.:
I had that problem during my first pregnancy, mostly during my first trimester. I would drive to work (in the afternoon) and as I pulled into the parking lot realize that the entire 20-30 minute trip was a blank. Like waking up in a strange place and wondering how you got there.

I do have those old stoner moments of, "ok, I came into this room to do/get something important. . but what was it again." :

#9 of 11 Old 01-30-2007, 02:56 PM

I am a total airhead lately!! We played board games with a couple friends the other night and Pictionary was a doosy for me. I kept forgetting what it was I was supposed to be drawing!! My team-mates were very understanding, but it was really embarrassing!
#10 of 11 Old 01-31-2007, 04:28 AM

I had that at the begining of the pregnancy. Jenny McCarthy calls it the pregnancy stupids!
I took a math I had already taken, and I just couldn't get it. so I had to switch to another math class, two levels LOWER than what I was supposed to be.
Its back to normal now, thank god!
#11 of 11 Old 01-31-2007, 03:24 PM

Preggo brain can be killer- it often takes me twenty minutes to get a two minute task done b/c I keep getting side tracked. I will start out to wipe the stove, so I will put away the salt and pepper, and end up wiping down the shelf they sit on, see the stove when I finish and think "oh, I want to wipe that." so I go to the sink to rinse my cloth and end up polishing the faucet, then wiping down the counters, find something that needs to be put away, go to put it away, and discover that where it goes needs organizing- 10 minutes later, with no memeory of where it all started, I walk past the stove, and think- Oh, I should wipe that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page