You just don't talk that way to a pregnant woman!!(long) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-29-2007, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so mad right now. I don't think that I have ever been this mad in my entire life.

As I am sure almost everyone knows I moved back to Illinois from Florida to try to get back on my feet. I mean Florida ate us alive. From the outrageous coast of living to the lack of work that my husband got that put us in even more debt.

Well, I have our old apartment complex trying to get 3,000.00 from us the unlimited credit card companies trying to get their money. For a short time we had to live off of our credit cards. So we are in debt up to our ears. I mean it isn't like we went off spending money left and right. We barely got by.

So any way I had a debt collector call me about a credit card that needed to be paid. I explained that I knew that my DH had made arrangements and I had no idea what he was doing about it at this point. Then the woman had the nerve to tell me what my "obligations" were. I explained to her that I knew what my "obligations" are and that I had to prioritize and that she wasn't at the top of my list. I explained that I have no home, no car, and another baby on the way. So she doesn't need to explain to me what my obligations are. Then she started to get a mouth on her at which I told her that I wanted to speak to her supervisor.

The supervisor never apologized to me about her attitude. I am so mad. I explained that I had to talk to my husband to find out what his plans are cause I knew that he had been putting money away for this debt. I am still so mad. I cannot believe that these people have the nerve to tell me what my "obligations" are. I am sorry but last time I checked my obligation was to take care of my family. And that is what I am trying to do to the best of my ability.

Sorry I had to get all that out. I am so pissed off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-29-2007, 07:43 PM

Sorry yo have to go through stress right now.

I am lucky I don't have the creditors harrassing me by phone.
As far as I know it is still the law that if you ask creditors to only contact you by mail they are not allowed to call you anymore. It has always worked for me.
hOPE YOU CAN DE-STRESS:-)
#3 of 3 Old 01-29-2007, 10:48 PM

You should definitely do a little research on your rights with these people (maybe Clark Howard's website), and also...tell them nothing!!!
They will never apologize. Their job is to get money out of you by any means possible. They will say anything to you...nice, mean, lies, whatever, and they have no legal obligation to treat you nicely or even to tell you the truth.
This is the worst industry that exists. But you do have some rights. Enforce them.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page