I can't believe I'm going to ask this (WARNING: TMI) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is about my private area. I'm going to try to describe as best as I can.

My clitoris area has been very itchy lately. It's the only part of my nether region that is itchy. I felt it and it feels like the hole is very tiny and I can't actually feel my clitoris.

I can't really see that part of myself right now so I had DH take a look and take a picture for me.

It looks like there is a vein that is running up to that area from a little lower. The whole area looks a little swollen/puffy but the hole for my clitoris is tiny. It's itchy and not comfortable to be touched.

DH wanted to DtD this weekend. Even when I was aroused my button would not come out of the hole.

Before this happened, it felt like my clitoris was out of the hole and wouldn't go back in and it was getting irritated being out and rubbed against constantly.

What is wrong with me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 12:44 AM

A few thoughts (totally not familiar w/ this problem though, just throwing some things out there):

- I think it's totally normal to have a swollen vulva when pg - all the pressure, extra blood flow, etc. My whole area seems extra-puffy and swollen at this point, and also did with Robin. Maybe your labia are swelling and obscuring your clitoris?

- Any chance it's yeast or some other sort of infection?

What happens when you stimulate the area (maybe further north from the actual button)?
#3 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 12:57 AM

I'm thinking vericose vein?
#4 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Becca View Post
A few thoughts (totally not familiar w/ this problem though, just throwing some things out there):

- I think it's totally normal to have a swollen vulva when pg - all the pressure, extra blood flow, etc. My whole area seems extra-puffy and swollen at this point, and also did with Robin. Maybe your labia are swelling and obscuring your clitoris?

- Any chance it's yeast or some other sort of infection?

What happens when you stimulate the area (maybe further north from the actual button)?
If it's possible to have a yeast infection in that area then it's possible b/c I was taking abx for pneumonia recently.

If you touch anywhere in that area, even farther north, it is extremely uncomfortable and makes the itching worse and doesn't stimulate anything at all.
#5 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 02:15 AM

No advice, just hugs. I hope you are able to figure it out soon, sounds like no fun at all!
#6 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 02:16 AM

I'll second that it sounds possibly like a vericose vein.

I know I've had problems this pregnancy with swelling and itching. When the swelling gets bad I put a cold pack in a sock. . that helps.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#7 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 03:20 AM

I thinkrk you can get some herbal soaks and compresses for that on mammarhythyms or cascade health products.
must be driving you crazy! but I am sure it will be ok
#8 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
This is about my private area. I'm going to try to describe as best as I can.

My clitoris area has been very itchy lately. It's the only part of my nether region that is itchy. I felt it and it feels like the hole is very tiny and I can't actually feel my clitoris.

I can't really see that part of myself right now so I had DH take a look and take a picture for me.

It looks like there is a vein that is running up to that area from a little lower. The whole area looks a little swollen/puffy but the hole for my clitoris is tiny. It's itchy and not comfortable to be touched.

DH wanted to DtD this weekend. Even when I was aroused my button would not come out of the hole.

Before this happened, it felt like my clitoris was out of the hole and wouldn't go back in and it was getting irritated being out and rubbed against constantly.

What is wrong with me?

I kinda have the same thing I was just to shy to start the thread asking.

But here goes... I don't think anything is wrong with mine it just looks and feel swollen. My clitoris is no were to be found and the "lips" are huge and puffy. Everything down there seems to have doubled in size just in the last week. I have no discomfort from it besides being embaressed DtD. So I will be keeping and eye on this thread to see what other women think.

#9 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Ann View Post

But here goes... I don't think anything is wrong with mine it just looks and feel swollen. My clitoris is no were to be found and the "lips" are huge and puffy. Everything down there seems to have doubled in size just in the last week. I have no discomfort from it besides being embaressed DtD. So I will be keeping and eye on this thread to see what other women think.

This is completely normal in late pregnancy. It's due to hormones, increase in blood flow, extra weight/pressure down there etc. I've got the same thing going on, had it last time as well, and it's even itchy at times.

DH appreciates it being swollen (ahem, super tight) and semen actually helps balance the PH so it doesn't itch. Baking soda in the bath tub is also supposed to help with itching if it becomes an issue for you.
#10 of 10 Old 01-30-2007, 08:16 PM

Maybe it's vulval variscosities - with all the pressure, fluid, etc.

Not fun for sure.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page